1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Anthony Davis the real MVP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 26, 2018.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It does seem they are doing a pretty terrible job of not caring about us.

Jontro, hakeem94 and arabrocket like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Harden can wait :rolleyes: it's not like he has been waiting for three years :rolleyes:

Curious that Draymond didn't say the same thing two years ago when Harden was led the Rockets to the second seed playing with scrubs like Canaan, Terry, Papanikolaou, Jones, Dorsey, maybe he just forgot about that :rolleyes:

And this btw, seriously, no week is passing without one or two Warriors interview "talking ****" about us, seems like they're annoyed we kinda stole them the spotlights.

s3ts and saleem like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gonna actually give Draymond the benefit of the doubt, this time.

Even if the media thought that Harden and CP3 wouldn't coexist, I would like to think that the players knew they would. So I don't think what Draymond is saying, is an indictment against Houston's success, but rather, the amount of pressure that AD has, to finally break through and actually do something in the postseason.

I still believe Harden is going to win MVP, but what hurts him, in terms of stats, is actually CP3's presence. I think Harden's PPG is higher, but APG and RPG are both down, from last year.

4. BigTex

BigTex Member

Pelicans win streak. Pretty easy competition. Will be interesting to see how they do when their schedule gets tougher.

Nets- double overtime win
    Pistons
    Lakers
    Heat- 1 point win in overtime
    Bucks- 2 point win in overtime
    Suns- lol
    Spurs- no Aldridge
    Mavs-lol
    Clippers
    Kings-lol

5. davee

davee Member

yeah. I may have to get the Brow the edge as he has just had a Monstrous season with very little help

Lebron, Kyrie, Harden and Durant are all having good years but Davis is in his own category now

6. threepointshot3

Typical Yao/Lin fan.you can spot a Lin fan from a 190 miles away when they use haren term. Get a life

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

typical child, haven't been taught sarcasm yet. get a life.

8. threepointshot3

Go back to Jenny Lin site

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nah! Didn't help when Harden loss to Curry several years ago
    NOPE!!
    No Edge No Nothing

Rocket River

roslolian and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden's Toronto performance proves why he should be the MVP. In my opinion, that has sealed it. If the guys that are making the decision choose otherwise, then it will be unfair., because James has played at an MVP level almost all year long.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Shooting 30 plus times a game over a stretch doesn’t make you better than the collective season Harden is having. Good one.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Harden has been the only clear MVP this season, they already tried to push every possible name out there which is actually laughable, they started with Giannis, once the Bucks started to lose some games they went with Irving, once Boston lost some games they went with Lebron, once the Cavs lost some games they didn't talk about the MVP anymore...and with one month till the end of the regular season...i say it again, with one month until the end of the regular season...they start talking aboput Davis after he got few 40 points game against **** tier opponents...ok.

chadyang and Mr. Space City like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Triple double and a loss. AD needs more help! ;)

14. davee

davee Member

10 blocks is insane

AD can change the game of basketball

He is an absolute freak. Athletic 7 footer with the skills of a PG

Amazing defender (steals and blocks), rebounds well and can score in every way possible including the 3 pointer

Don't get me wrong, I love Harden and all my Rockets but Harden is a one way player compared to AD. AD excels at both offense AND defense therefore I have to give the edge to the young lad

If they had an OFFENSIVE MVP like in Football, then I would give it to the Beard

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's nice. Need to win games, tbh.

roslolian and durvasa like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nope not at all he can wait till next year.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden by himself led the Rox to 3rd seed last year.

AD with Boogie is fighting for 5th-9th place. If AD is the MVP he should be carrying his team to 3rd place the same way Harden did last year. And even then he should STILL lose because Harden lost the MVP to Curry who had 3 all star teammates at the time. There is only 3 games between 5th place Pellies and 9th place Nuggets, what if you give him MVP and his team doesn't even make the playoffs?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next next year.