1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In honor of Hakeem's Bday, post your favorite, most emotional/memorable Dream moments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Al Capone, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

It all started with Clutch City for me, so I'd have to say my favorite Dream moment was the WCF Robinson domination. Saw it in person, it was unreal. Most memorable for me was right after they won the championship, him sitting at the scorers table clutching the game ball with a look of amazement/elation/disbelief on his face as he soaked it all in. I still get choked up watching that footage to this day.

UN-BEET-AHBULL!

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude gave me an autograph at the clippers game, I told him to get well (evil Bulls team purposely sending cartwright to elbow dream in the eye socket cause they can't beat us when we play them and dream whips them even if they 3ple team him..) and he said "Tanks kid!"

3. LifeisButaDream

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GROmHUgIu2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GROmHUgIu2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Being at Hakeem's last game as a Rocket. He had been taken out and then we all started yelling "WE WANT DREAM! WE WANT DREAM!" He came back in for a few more minutes at the end of the 4th quarter. Great, great memory.

5. alethios

alethios Member

The look of amazement on Hakeem's face after he had just won the 94 NBA championship against the Knicks was priceless for me. I shared the same look (at that's what my wife said). It was a good year because my son was born in 94, around the same time as the Finals.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

My aunt was married to Carroll Dawson back in the 90's, so I went to a few old playoff games in my day. One of the games CD took me back to the locker room to meet some of the players, Hakeem was giving an interview to a woman at the time, and as a kid, it struck me as strange that all of the players were just walking around buck naked with a female reporter in the room, but I digress. CD interrupted the interview to introduce me,

CD: "I understand that Hakeem is your favorite player?"

(paused because at the time we were living in San Antonio and though I was a Rockets fan MJ was probably my favorite player at the time, with Hakeem a very close second)

Me: "yes, my favorite"

At this point, Horry walks up and says,"Man, I thought you said I was your favorite player, ha," everyone has a laugh.

Hakeem: "Did you enjoy the game tonight?"

Me: "yes sir." (such a polite child)

Shook a couple more hands Cassel, Kenny, ect., got some autographs, but had nothing to sign except for a cowboys cap I was wearing (I know, what the hell was I thinking). A great experience for me all around that I will never forget.

Before the bashing comes, you know, the why didn't you say this or why didn't you do that, let me tell you that I was all of about 8 or 9 years old and was in complete awe of the situation.

CD sent me an autographed game ball signed by all of the 94-95 Rockets later that year, sadly a few years after that our house was robbed and all of my Rockets memorabilia and my childhood memories from that time were lost.

#6 tmoney1101, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto, that was my most memorable moment for me too. Having been a fan since I was a child and to finally know what it felt like to have my team win it all was just nearly impossible to describe.

8. mazinger

mazinger Member

Back when I was at UofH while in soccer class Hakeem walked up to us and aksed if he could play. This was when Drexler was UH's baskeball coach. We, of course, said yes. He was fast!!! I'm 5'10' and seeing somone as tall as him move so good seemed unreal. The game ened 0 - 0 but had a lot of fun.

oh, and this also.

[​IMG]

9. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

In 1994 I was 9 years old, I was a little excited about the Rockets winning the Champoinship but I wasn't really into basketball. In 95 I was 10, watched more than I did in 94, was a little more into, but when I watched the 1st game of the Spurs vs Rockets Series, I absolutely fell in love with the game from Olajuwon's play. I was amazed beyond belief and have been a die hard Rockets fan ever since, till this day I have never seen such a performance as I did in that series.

10. jason3333

jason3333 Member

god damn to many to name! i liked his two quadtruple doubles in 1990 season. unfreakin belivable! how do u like that jordan fans?

11. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Nice! I'm one of those who believe we would have won the titles even if Jordan was in the league. We had the Bulls number.

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Pretty awesome thing to happen to a kid! Really REALLY sucks about the memorabilia being stolen though.

13. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

For me- Olajuwon sitting on the scorers table as the championship celebration ensued around him. It was the perfect snapshot of the player, the icon to the this city.

What he did for us as Rockets fans & Houstonians is unmatched.

We were so lucky to have him as our franchise player.

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Staying up late at night as a kid watching Hakeem school Shaq and the Magic in '95 en route to the second championship.

15. Rox-Oso

Rox-Oso Member

16. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Man i never knew i had the same bday as the dream!!!!

17. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUyLHhooG10&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUyLHhooG10&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm kidding, I'm kidding....don't kill me.

Here is for real....mainly because he was so pissed he didn't win mvp.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. colorado3855

colorado3855 New Member

I was in High School back in the eighties and I grew up watching Mr. Olajuwon play. I am always disappointed when he is not included in the top big men of all time. He was very talented and athletic and just dominated the position all the time being undersized.

My fav memory is the entire 94-95 playoffs. They just got extremely hot at the right time. You have to remember that the Rockets sent home one of their starting PG after the second game of the playoffs. I thought we were toast. Then Friggin Utah Jazz cheated and didn't start the clock near the end of the game allowing the Jazz extra shots! It was an amazing run and Mr. Olajuwon just did everything he could to shoulder the load. At the time, he was the only star on the team... sigh...i love my old VHS tapes!

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Yeah, it was pretty cool, my estranged father who was in and out of my life (now non-existent) was staying with CD and my aunt for a couple of weeks back then. I actually stayed in CD's massive condo for about a week, I remember he had the biggest deli section in any frig' I'd ever seen, pretty much a Subway in his house.

He also had a Rockets viewing room, which I stayed in almost the whole time watching old Rockets v Bulls games. I actually got to pick his mind about the Barkley trade before it happened; he told me it didn't look good. Then, like two weeks later we had him. It's funny because he was constantly avoiding showing his hand, even if it was to a 9 year old.

Yeah, when our house got robbed I had all my cool stuff stolen, bb cards, Spawn mint condition comics like 1-50, and of course all my Rockets memorabilia. :(

Oh well, life goes on.....

20. monster

monster Member

Running down Kevin Johnson on a breakaway layup and swatting it at the rim. He also had a big dunk one game and his foot smacked a defender in the face....can't remember who