1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Trump Wins...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by finsraider, Aug 27, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Curious what the reaction on the left will be relative to 2016. Introspection? Farther push to the left? Moderation?

I’m neither a republican, nor will I be voting for Trump. I expect him to shift farther left after the election, as is typical for most presidents, so maybe his 2nd term will be less contentious.

Don’t bore us with “There’s no way that will happen” type responses. Genuinely curious to hear from my thoughtful liberal friends.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I plan on doing cocaine and chilling at the boardwalk

Nook, Amiga, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

lol. Love your profile photo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A lot will depend on the makeup of Congress. If it remains the same and/or the GOP takes the House, too...it's going to be a HARD right turn from where it is now. He will tear down everything with Obama's name on it or even remotely considered left. ACA will be gone on day 1. Any other EPA regulations trumpybear doesn't like (or those that have his ear don't like) will be gone. The Supreme Court will have a 6-3 edge as Justice Ginsberg will likely not survive another term. She will not resign. The US Court system will overall take an even harder right turn as there will be little to stop them from loading the entire federal court system with trump sycophants. Him winning a 2nd term will only empower him to do even more damage as there will be little to stop him.

If Congress stays Dem House and ends up a Dem Senate, I think he'll have to take a left turn as any attempt to go further right will be met with a much stronger opposition. Ideally, there would be a veto proof majority in the House, but I don't see any where that might be possible.

It's going to be ugly on Nov 4th if he wins. I'd imagine more protesting and riots across the country. The country will be torn as far apart as it was for the Civil War. I'm not saying a war is going to break out...but it will be a to a point that will take decades to repair.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The left be the left. The right be the right. Trump be trump. Hope you are can see the trend.

2016 - MAGA
    2020 - MAGAA
    2024 - MAGAAA

3rd time the charm?

Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I will wonder how the country can survive another 4 years of his incompetence, corruption, and attempts to erode democracy. I will have lost all faith in the American people. I will prepare myself for the further emboldenment of racists, bigots, white supremacists, and Nazis.

Nook, edwardc, DVauthrin and 7 others like this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Belarus will be a cake walk in comparison.

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Admittedly, I don’t expect a right turn. Certainly don’t think the ACA is going anywhere.

the day after the 2016 election I was talking to a distraught liberal coworker about what the reality of what the Trump election would mean vs perception. Told her ACA wasn’t going to be meaningfully changed and mass deportation wouldn’t happen. Right on both counts, and I don’t expect that to change in a 2nd term.

Trump is like most politicians in that he rarely follows through on most of his promises.

Regardless of which way the house and Senate go, I don’t expect policy to be dramatically different. Perhaps in magnitude, but not in direction. Most of both parties are still controlled by establishment interests.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump wins, I am going to start learning mandarin because America will not be able to recover.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You mean Russian? China is for Biden, ha.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I know exactly what will happen , if the democrats control the house they will impeach for anything and everything... I actually predict less mob injustice because there will be a perception the mob rioters hurt Biden along with Biden slow to denounce rioters and those criminal acts of vandalism ...but there will be a ratchet up politically of combativeness and absolute scorn from the liberals. There will be more proposed spending plans and more crying and whining obviously

13. rocketseagles07

As a non republican I really don't care if Trump wins... I care much more about the MAGA folks having a voice. I'm an Air Force recruiter in a rural area and I'm black. The things that have been said to me by red hat wearers are infuriating. Trump and Biden are way more similar than either of them/either side likes to act.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  14. rocketseagles07

And don't get me wrong, dude is completely incompetent... I just have more of a disdain for his cult followers than him. Mostly due to the fact that I think he's half actor/half doofy. He's either acting or clueless 95% of the time

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

9 million people that voted for Obama in 2012 switched their vote to Trump in 2016. Are those people racist, bigot, white supremacists and Nazis? If Democrats go into this election with that attitude, guaranteed Trump victory.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

Sir as a trump supporter I apologize for these turds that support trump and yes there are turds that support trump, but I don’t judge on color and respect your service

fattz likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who said I was referring to them?

please don’t try to act like a sizeable portion of the MAGA crowd isn’t exactly what I just described...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. finsraider

finsraider Member

oddly enough, I expect a less contentious 2nd term...save for one issue. If Trump pushes forward on withdrawing from the Middle East, things will get ugly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I will boycott a second Trump term.

20. ROXRAN

You would be surprised. Many care more about character and ideology than your color. I would follow Tim Scott, Kim Klavic or any black conservative leader with true skills absolutely and be very happy if they went all the way to the top

fattz and waytookrzy079 like this.