1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How come Battier can pass but our PG cannot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by code_red, Apr 28, 2009.

1. chill8

chill8 Member

I'm still very sick of AB. I was never a fan of him either. He's got absolutely no basketball IQ at all. There are lots of games that is won by one player, but I can hardly find any that is lost purely by one player, especially in playoffs.

I don't know why AD loves him so much and keep him our PG. He lacks the ability to read games and the ability to create shots, and he just loves to ignore his wide-open teammates. Lowry is so much batter a PG than AB.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

AB cannot pass the ball, it is a fact. But come on, it is not his fault. Even Kobe Bryant couldn't pass the ball at first.

I blame our coaching staff for making that decision. They knew what they were gonna get from Brooks when the pulled the trigger on that Alston trade. Everybody knew AB is not a passer.

They made the decision, now they are paying the price. I love Brooks but those are called habbits. He was a scorer in Oregon, that is what coaches expected from him. So you can't really expect a guy who used to be a scorer in his life to all of the sudden become a playmaker in the NBA.

It is not his fault that he is that small. He can't play SG which hurts him, because he is a very undersized sg.

We can only hope he will learn. He has a lot of talent and he is young. He will have to put a lot of work on his game during the summer.

3. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

I feel that Battier has played more with Yao over the years and is able to read his moves down low and when it would be the best time to pass his the ball without causing a turnover. AB is so concerned with not causing a turnover that he may feel its best to shoot the ball himself or pass it to another player than pass it to Yao. The problem to me seems to be Yao and his inability to seal his defender off at times. If Yao does not have almost perfect post position where you can pass him the ball, it will most likely end in a turnover because Yao is not quick enough to go and get the ball if it is not a perfect pass. McGrady was also good at passing the ball to Yao because of the same reasons as Battier.

4. RocketsBearFan

Don't you understand that AB shooting the ball himself IS effectively a turnover? The kid ain't that good yet he's somehow decided that he's our first option on offense? I'd rather have Yao take a chance at a jump hook than Aaron Bricks driving it into 4 defenders only to get swatted.

5. lz56

lz56 Member

this is rick's problem.

6. A13

A13 Member

Simple..
    NO BRAIN..