1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Evidence that Hakeem and Akeem whipped Jordan's Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan and Dream were in the same draft.
    The Rockets play the Bulls each year.

This is thread is the breakdown each year.
    Since the Rockets and Bulls play on opposite conferences, they can only meet each other in the Finals.
    Like the Bad Boy Pistons or Bird Celtics.

I don't think @Clutch created this site for members who disrespect the championships. Especially when Jordan failed in 95 to beat Orlando to face
    Dream.

95 Dream.

This guy

[​IMG]

For someone who thinks that the Bulls front line can handle that..

they can go to hell

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

How sick would it have been if we made the NBA Finals in 1993 or 1996? Would we have beaten the Bulls? I think so but we'll ever know... :(

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is one of the great "what-ifs?" of NBA history.

I had the pleasure of broaching this topic with a Chicago fan the other day at work. He almost had an aneurysm, as fast as he was pumping out excuses.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks to YouTube you can watch some of these games and make your own judgment

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But, of course. Bulls get bulldozed.

6. napalm06

His only two major arguments were:
    1. Rockets weren't even good enough to meet the Bulls in the finals
    2. The regular season doesn't matter

My counter-points were:
    1. Basketball is a game of matchups. For the same reason the Rockets frequently got punked by the Jazz, the Bulls could've gotten punked by the Rockets.
    2. Several seasons of regular season evidence is a heckuva a lot better than no evidence at all.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Did you tell him that Jordan was there in 95?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

You show him evidence?

What's truly sad, is the person who made this video is a Lakers fan, LakersDynasty.

Even the Laker fans respect Hakeem more than some of these so called "Rockets fans" on Clutchfans

This is like having a traitor in your house.

My war on evil will never end.

9. napalm06

Of course. his excuse is Jordan was "rusty". Haha.

10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

having respect for a great player doesn't mean you can't appreciate other players, especially those even greater players, saying i believe MJ's bulls is a better team than hakeem's rockets doesn't mean i disrespect the clutch rockets championship team, bulls was not able to go to the finals in those years to face the rockets, but the rockets could not go to the finals to face the bulls in those 6 years bulls got the chip, you can always argue both ways

posting some reports from houston chronicle doesn't change my opinion at all, you can find same articles when the rockets beat any good teams now as well, hometown media will always say godd things and support its hometown team, i stand by my stance that MJ with the bulls would win in the playoffs against the rockets with Hakeem in 94-95, great players always elevate their play in the playoffs, that's what you don't understand about MJ, this guy would destroy anybody in his way, too bad we don't get to see those 2 great teams play, in fact last year when those people say the GS would beat the 72 win bulls, i said the same thing, MJ would not have allowed that to happen, this guy in his prime is an animal

11. tinman

Supporting Member

A fake Rockets fan would say "Rusty", you mean well rested for half a season.

Rusty Players don't drop 55 points on the Knicks

or take his team to the semifinals of the Eastern Conference

zcarenow and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

You disrespect the Championships

You don't call yourself a Rockets fan

There is no discussion

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  13. Handles

Handles Member

Nah if anything, he had fresh legs :D

He still played nearly 20 regular season games that year so he couldn't have been all that rusty. Stats looks similar to normal across the board too. From YouTube games I've seen, he looked pretty good.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes when you drop 55 points on one of the best defensive teams , the Knicks, that means you're ok.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes this a thread I made in 2008
    because I knew there would be evil in 2017 and well beyond 2017

Post 1999, when Clutch created the perfect BBS called Clutchfans where 100% of the members were of pure Rockets fandom,
    we knew that this utopia would not last and that jealousy and evil forces would invade us

All of us were warned of Non Believers, in the year 1995 by Rudy T. He warned us that Non believers would try to and actually succeed to rewrite the facts of our titles.

Here is evidence of Rudy T warning us of Judgment Day

"Don't Ever underestimate the Heart of a Champion"

This means don't disrespect the championships.

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Ah man the good ol days!!!! Thanks for the videos!!!

Styles make fights and mad max al aye wanted to fight MJ

Rockets would've beat them in 6.

tinman likes this.
  17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Prime Olajuwon dominated the game in more facets than prime Jordan did... The Dream was a Defensive monster and unstoppable in the post on O

You missed out on true greatness if you weren't alive back then

tinman likes this.
  18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The Bulls were a great team in the 90's but they weren't going to win 8 championships in a row. They were bound to be upset by someone eventually and the team they had with Grant and Cartwright at the front line during the first three peat needed to be retooled in order to return to greatness. Even if Jordan hadn't retired, its incredibly difficult to win 4 championships in a row especially when you face a hungry team led by MVP Hakeem Olajuwon. The Rockets were the team that had the potential to upset the Bulls in the finals, the Bulls always struggled against Hakeem and Maxwell was capable of slowing Jordan down just enough. Thorpe had the length to bother Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright was simply getting too old to stay with Hakeem. The Bulls needed to retool and they did, the season after Jordan came back.

Jordan was still playing in 95 and he was well rested. His team got swept by Shaq and the Magic which is the same team the Rockets swept in the finals that year.

Excuses are like assholes, though. Everyone has one.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

exactly

tinman likes this.