1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN picks for houston-portland series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wingcommander87, Apr 16, 2009.

1. wingcommander87

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what im thinking right now is, who even cares if we beat portland ? what good is that ? this team sucks is nowhere near a contender... maybe we can beat up on an unexperienced team just so we can say we got out of the first round, but what good is that ?

but damn i dont even want to think about if we cant even beat portland.. OMG we'd all be on suicide watch. :(

3. Impper

Impper Contributing Member

They pretty unanimously picked us to beat the jazz, too.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man... I really disagree with those picks. If there is anyone Brandon Roy does not want to see it is Ron Artest and Shane Battier. If their is anyone Joel Pryzbilla and Greg Oden do not want to see its Yao Ming. If there is someone Aldridge does not want to see its Chuck Hayes (I am serious). And we get the only other team with a PG situation as weak as ours.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Well it's a huge psychological advantage to overcome the first round barrier. I mean you always hear about playoff experience as a big factor in the chances of a team doing well in the postseason. Well if we never gain positive playoff experience in rounds beyond the first then we'll never have the experience necessary to win a championship. Especially since our two highest paid players are such 2nd round virgins.

7. comehere2

comehere2 Member

nice. Houston in 4.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Losing HCA might have been critical. The Blazers are good enough to beat the Lakers in their house. It's understandable that most of the ESPN analysts favor the Blazers after that loss in Dallas. The formula to beat the Rox is pretty simple, Front Yao = shut down Yao= Rox loss.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That's more of the formula for keeping it competitive. As you can see in this thread, Yao was terrible offensively in the first 2 games, yet one went to OT in Portland and the Rockets won the other at Toyota Center. The one game Yao played well was an easy Rockets win.

In other words, I think Portland has to do more than just stop Yao if they're going to win the series.

10. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

Who cares about ESPN, I just want to see the Rockets go out and bust some Portland Trailblazer nuts.

11. chasingu

chasingu Member

What the experts say means nothing at all. One thing that they will consider when they write these articles is the remuneration.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I don't think many of the experts want to go out on a limb for Houston nowadays. Their mind is processing the following dilemma:

"Hmm, perennial first round fodder or up-and-coming young streaking team with HCA?"

The answer is pretty obvious, at least as far as predictions go.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Fixed! Damn, how am I going to pass my exam tomorrow with errors like this?

14. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

I am happy rockets is underdog now.
    Our players will ONLY play better when media look them as underdog.

15. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

those all depend on their personal idea, who cares, Id say Houston in 4..

16. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

IOnlyBelieveInMyself

HOUSTON in 4

17. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

18. blender

blender Member

Even Hollinger's going against us?

So be it. :mad:

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Who cares? Guys, are you damn suprised? We have blown two straight HCA past two years so don't expect everybody to love us.

We gotta show something, we gotta prove everybody wronbg because so far, every year we have been better than opponents but we just couldn't show it on the court.

SHOW ME THIS TEAM CAN WIN.

20. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Who gives a ****?

Now we are facing the Lakers in round 2. :mad: Winning the first round was the objective TWO YEARS AGO!!