1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Espn.com] Colt McCoy will return for senior season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vstexas09, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Texas might be able to announce "Heisman Trophy winner Colt McCoy" next season.

The front-runner for the award told the Sporting News on Wednesday that he will return for his senior season.

"I'm going to play here for four years," McCoy said, according to the Web site. "I've been blessed to be able to play here. Not very many people get to [start] here for four years, so what an opportunity. And if the NFL is there for me, then I hope that I'll get to keep playing, because I love to play this game. Hopefully, it will work out."

McCoy completed a team-record 90.6 percent of his passes for 337 yards and two touchdowns on Saturday as the No. 1 Longhorns beat then No. 11 Missouri 56-31.

This season, McCoy has thrown for 1,894 yards and 19 touchdowns, with only three interceptions, for 7-0 Texas.

Despite wanting to stay at Texas all four years, McCoy feels he is on pace for an NFL career and sees himself in the mold of a pretty good signal-caller.

"I play a lot like Tony Romo," McCoy said, according to the Sporting News. "Maybe not as risky now, but he's a playmaker. He can make some yards with his feet, but he's also right on the money. He's accurate and he's smart with the ball."

I honestly don't know what thread to put this in..

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

And until the City of Houston annexes the city of Austin, this is in the wrong forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.