1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The time from symptom to death was so quick. Damn. Sorry.

2. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

You may not be implying this, but reading this is frustrating because we did know...

From since Feb - this is here to stay until there is either an effective vaccine or effective treatment.

From since March - The strategy to contain this virus: TTI -- test, trace, isolate. Lockdown was always temporary, TTI is needed to exit lockdown.

We knew what we had to do. Didn't happen.

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What happens in 2021?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If Dumbnuttz wins again he will truly MAGA. The first four years were just practice.

Nook, Ubiquitin, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Lol, exactly.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Doing it with masks was bad enough, but making the safety of students and educators a political issue is even more horrible. Putting that kind of pressure on districts already struggling to try and figure this out is just evil. And now that it’s going to be divided like that, much like masks, it’s going to be impossible to get more people on the same page and make an already hard task even more impossible. Just terrible.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Nook, Pringles and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are you still experiencing any ongoing issues, @LonghornFan

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I am so sorry.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

#8950 fallenphoenix, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  11. Pringles

Pringles Member

I know you said you're not looking for sympathy, but I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder of how cruel this pandemic can be, and I hope you and your family the best.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Alief ISD announced they’re gonna start with on-line only for the Fall and bet they won’t be the only ones. Federal funding for public schools is apparently a very small percentage so the threat of pulling federal funding isn’t as big of a deal although I’m sure it’s critical for a lot of districts.

State funding is different and hopefully state leaders will come up with a better alternative threatening to pull funding.

Unfortunately this is a gigantic problem with no perfect answer. Although some type of resolution is needed in just matter of weeks.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I had a cousin in her 30’s pass from this a few days ago as well. Her mother has it also and I was told doing fine as of now. I only met her a few times as a child. Unfortunately she was overweight and not very healthy.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure why I need to explain this. Because the politicized people in the country are utterly ignorant on both sides. Politicians are more interested in pandering to the particular voting block instead of doing what is right. People would rather argue about the effectiveness of a mask than discuss the real issues. Look at this forum. There is no outcry that the NBA wants to resume but yet many on here think we should resume shutdowns.

TTI should be our prime focus. Not masks. Not shutdowns. Not bailouts. We need quick and efficient processes to get people tested and we need to educate people on how to mitigate the effects of the virus and what to do if they do contract it. And dont misconstrue my point. Im not stating masks and shut down are irrelevant.

15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Don't know why you started your post with that first sentence, I was genuinely asking what you meant. But ok.

16. Major

Major Member

The time for TTI was when you didn't have 50,000 cases per day. It's virtually impossible now. It's bizarre that you repeatedly state that masks shouldn't be the focus when all the science tells it's the single easiest and most effective way to stop the spread at this point. Besides which, 99% of the population can't do anything to affect TTI - that is entirely up to government. Everyone else can do something to help through the use of masks. Why *shouldn't* the focus be on mask usage?

When you say things have been politicized and blame both sides, you ignore that only one side (and only one portion of that side) is actually politicizing the science. Everyone else is saying to listen to the experts. The reason its politicized "on both sides" is that one side is harming everyone through their stupidity, and everyone else is saying "please don't listen to those people". These two sides are not the same, no matter how many times you try to pretend otherwise.

R0ckets03, Nook, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My brain has always been off, so I wouldn't know there.

Yes though. Lightheaded a lot, dizzy spells, clumsiness (I broke my nose after getting out of the pool and falling onto the arm rest of outdoor seating last Friday night) GI issues a lot, fatigue easily, cannot concentrate or multitask like before...wierd ****. Hard to make burritos now.

#8957 LonghornFan, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Ziggy, conquistador#11 and Amiga like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know you didn’t write this for sympathy but I’m still very sorry to hear about that.

Of course you’re absolutely right we need to take this seriously and it’s unfortunate that it takes death to remind us.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sweden also depends on exports for a large part of their economy so it would’ve been impossible for them to keep their economy going at a high rate of all their trading partners were lagging due to lockdowns.

Nook likes this.
  20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Contact tracing will never work in the USA. These idiots already refuse to wear a mask. Why would they willingly discuss their private matters with the government?

superfob, Nook and LonghornFan like this.