1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Respectable first half. Better ball movement today, but not always with purpose to get the ball down low. Got better toward half. Defense winning this game. Mills still lost and needs to refind himself second half. Like our chances to pull away if we just look into the post a little more. Grimes MIA again, but another half to go.

#2402 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Much more enjoyable second half. This ones over with more than 12 minutes left.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

30-2 run. Holy shinobi.

5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Getting close to Caleb Broodo time.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Broodo got mvp chants, lol. Good win.

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Scored more in the 2nd half than Tulsa scored the entire game. This team is straight up NASTY.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Caleb mills sheeeeeeesh

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice to see Tulsa totally lose their composure (including the coach) while UH didn't fall into their trap and instead just calmly sank all those free throws and took the easy win.

Another 20-win season. Just feels right seeing them perpetually in the top 25. Like everything is as it should be.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of nailed that!

11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Whats up with the crowd? You can see a bunch of empty seats. Watched on TV and saw bunches of empty seats. Seems that way all the time. Nationally ranked team, top in conference, playing for first in the conference, nice arena, exciting as hell team coming of a sweet 16 year. Whats the deal? Thought Coogs sold out season tix. I went to one game last year (I live in Austin) and it was like that. Few tickets when I bought them, but half empty at the game.

Paste from the Duarte article in the Chronicle - as the No. 22 Cougars crushed Tulsa 76-43 before an announced crowd of 6,732 at Fertitta Center.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering the Fertitta center is about a 7k arena, that's actually not bad for a weekday game

13. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Pretty sure tick prices are more expensive at a starting price than the Rockets.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tickets to a Coogs game are like half the price of upper level rockets tickets. and there isn't a bad seat in the arena

15. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got season tickets this year, really good value for the money.

Went to Cincinnati game last year, which was first UH basketball game I went to since the phi slamma jamma days. The place was rocking and gave me goose bumps, like back then.

This year, so far, the crowds have been decent. A lot of the games seem to be on weeknights, so that doesn't help. The Wichita State game on a Sunday was a sellout, although some empty seats. Last night, there were a fair number of empty seats, but the crowd noise was pretty good.

I love the way the Coogs play, and it has been fun watching their steady improvement. Kelvin Sampson is a really good coach. Any opponent coming to Fertitta Center know they will be in a dogfight.

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Glad you are getting a chance to go back and watch some games. Unfortunately for me I never was able to watch any phi slamma jamma games other than on TV. I did get to see Otis Birdsong, Louis Dunbar, Dwight Davis, Dwight Jones, Rob Williams....They had so many great players I am forgetting some I am sure.

I think many of those empty seats belong to somebody. They pay for these prime seats and for some reason decide not to show up. I wish Sampson and others that could do something about it would come up with some sort of way to fill those seats to somebody else that would like to see UH basketball.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he'll get a timely week long break before UH closes out the year vs Cincy, UConn, Memphis the first week of March

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Memphis with the Boise blue court?

[​IMG]

19. PhiSlammaJamma

We are getting our ass whooped right now. They are rattled and shrinking under the pressure. This is worrisome. 2nd half response will likely forecast the tournament result.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Go sooner FFS