1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Fans Can Give Thanks For The Things That Went Wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can't say I saw all this coming...but I was grateful at the time for #BasketballReasons and I'm even more grateful now.

2. conquistador#11

we won't say a thing about where the bodies are burried, my glorious commissar.

3. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

What the hell is "we"? You're no Rockets fan, you're a LeBron James/Miami Heat fan. Still trying to put up a facade to curry favor with the board?

On topic, "basketball reasons" was unforgivable and set horrible precedents and the fact that it turned out well for the Rockets doesn't make it any better.

2 people like this.
  4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I thought it was a horrible trade for us back then. I was glad Stern stepped in and didn't understand the hate. The Lakers were about to receive freakin CHRIS PAUL.

5. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

How could we possibly know roster we could have had? Pau may not be a Dwight, but he is still a very good player that was the 2nd or 3rd best player on a championship team.

6. MadMax

That's part of what pissed me off the most..that we were facilitating the construction of the Lakers next era....instead of stealing it away like we ultimately ended up doing.

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

There's no way we could have imagined this kind of roster in a year. Also I find it hilarious because the lakers hate him now

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

A little luck never hurts.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or Paul could've gone to Lakerland, hated Kobe and MDA and today we'd be celebrating signing Paul to go along with our nucleus that had Pau instead of on Harden.

Or maybe we would be signing Paul and trading Pau in a S&T to get Dwight.

Don't buy into the fallacy of the predetermined outcome.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Me too. The Pau Gasol trade was the only move Morey has ever made that I straight up opposed. I was skeptical of the Lin signing (but I think he's playing at least close to his contract) and, in hind sight, I hate the Terrence Williams trade. But I have to admit that at the time I was excited about the potential of Squid.

But I definitely spoke out against not only the Gasol trade but the idea that a core of Gasol + Nene would get us anywhere but the 14th to 18th pick.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, we are bit of lucky for this, but Morey would still be a good GM. Right now he is a great one. As for Gasol trade, lots of people were against it, so was I. We should send a ThankYou to Stern for his help.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I find this comment hilarious.

Who do you think brought both those guys to town, Stern?!?!

Of course Morey deserves all the credit. Stern just cleaned up what would have been a mess of a trade.

13. MadMax

I don't...but I don't want to facilitate the Lakers ever landing a guy as good as Chris Paul. You're right...it might not have worked...but putting him in purple/gold gives them a shot at it I'd rather not give!

14. justtxyank

I get that and I hated that part as well.

15. deshen

deshen Member

Good one.

I am not a Morey fan, I leveled up rating for Morey from under-average to average in the last a few days. This would not change until he could prove me wrong.

16. Mr. Space City

pau gasol in a rockets jersey

[​IMG]

still can't beleive so many people here were excited about that trade. talk about desperate.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly!!! I dont see why any team would give the Lakers a star player, they have been good for long enough haha let them suffer a little heck let them have a drought like the Red Sox so they can apreciate those championships instead of thinking it's their God given right to win.

18. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

A year or so back, I was somewhat miffed at Stern for what I perceived as machinations that negatively affected the Rockets.

I now see the error in my thinking (well...for the most part).

I apologize for my previous posts featuring this product:

[​IMG]

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL and who are you to have to be proven wrong? Les? :rolleyes:

You guys are ridiculous with all your Morey hate.

20. justtxyank

The Magic giving the Lakers Dwight is why he is a Rocket beginning in two days.

If he had not been traded there and ended up somewhere else, we wouldn't be signing him. It was going there and finding out how much he hated it that made him available to us.

Paul could have had the same issues with Kobe. Paul is an alpha male and might not have enjoyed playing with another punk alpha.