1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Ask Daryl Morey a question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hey Everyone,

Daryl Morey has graciously agreed to sit down with me later today and field a few questions from Clutchfans. Given that his time is pretty important and the nature of the summer league there I asked him if he could answer five questions and he was more than happy to. He may be willing to answer more but I did not want to push it from the get go.

So if you have always wanted to ask Daryl a question post it here I will check back in this thread in 3 hours to pick 7-9 questions to ask him.

There are some restrictions though:

1)Please serious questions only, Daryl was nice enough to do this, if Clutch has a chance to do this in the future we want Daryl to have a pleasant experience the first time.

2)Daryl has already told me that if there is a question that he feels that would be a)illegal for him to talk about as a GM per league rules or b) uncomfortable talking about he will say so and we will move onto the next question. I do not know what he is not comfortable speaking about, but most of us here know what he can and cant say as a GM. Since he may pass on a question or two its good to have a backup to follow it up.

That is about it

Thanks Again Everyone

14 people like this.
  2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

:cool: Epic thread on the way.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Awesomeness! ClutchFans rules! :cool:

4. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I lke to know if Bosh had decided to come here, did we have a deal with Toronto? How many players & any of those NY picks?

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Really nice work, Yoyo.

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Morey, how do you feel about Yao and his playing time adjustments?

Morey, How the hell did you rape Walsh and not get caught!!! :grin:

Morey, can you please try to sign Tyson Chandler or Brad Miller, or BOTH. You will forever be in my heart.

Morey, Have you ever broke someones ankles?

Morey, what do you think about JVG's commentary job?

Morey, Your awesome, remember that!

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Ask him, was he or was he not the one behind the Rudy Gay/Battier trade??? :eek:

Also who where the 5 players on top of Patterson on his draft board, if had him at #6?

--RB

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

What's his projected win total for the Knicks next year? :grin:

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hmm...

You gave Chris Bosh a 60-win season statistic if he played with the Rockets and Yao Ming. Assuming we keep the current team, how many wins are you predicting this upcoming season with the same cast minus Chris Bosh?

10. R=$

R=$ Member

Great job Clutch! Here is a question: What is the % that a trade for a Star player will happen before the start of the season?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no offense but harping on the gay trade seems irrelevant at this point and like a waste of his time.

12. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Are you going to chase after Carmelo Anthony this season? He'd be a great fit.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sorry, more serious question. kind of convoluted though, so perhaps there's a better way of asking.

Morey, how do we really stand on potentially obtaining another star player? Are our young players really thought of well enough to bring in a championship piece? Or is it more likely that we have to more or less stand pat?

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

To be a championship-level team, you generally need to be really good on offense and defense, and elite in at least one of them. Where do the Rockets need to improve to become an elite offensive or defensive team, and how does Yao being back (with the expected limited minutes) factor into that?

Edit:

A related/alternate question:

For the first time in a long time, the Rockets were not a good defensive team last year. With Yao's minutes being limited, and the minutes/roles of Battier and Hayes seemingly diminishing, what do the Rockets need to do to reclaim their defensive identity?

#14 durvasa, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  15. redao

redao Member

Too many question on
    Yao's health.
    Battier's future.
    Scola's contract.
    Backup center.
    FA plans.

But I don't think Morey would or could shed any lights on them.

just casual one: How many games can Heat win next season again?

16. opticon

opticon Member

If no moves to acquire a backup center before the start of the season present them selves. Does he feel comfortable with Hayes,Hill and Anderson playing backup 5 by committee going into the season?

Which is the higher priority before the start of the season, a third point guard (in the event Aaron of Kyle get hurt) or another backup 2 guard?

Pick which ever one of the questions you think would be best.

Thanks YOYO!

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sweet.... Ok here is mine:

"Daryl, If we ever go to cash in the bevy of mid talent assets/picks that we have for for a "talent upgrade" dont you feel it will almost require to pay a ransom that some folks have a problem swallowing, and where our clear cut victory in the trade (because face it, you have applied the Powell Doctrine to other teams)may not be clear?

18. Raven

Raven Member

Who does Patterson's game compare to?

Does he think Miami can be beaten?

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

My question:

What's the rockets' plan for backup center? Does he think Hill is able to play C?

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

remember, ask open-ended questions guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.