1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be honest, do you miss Trevor Ariza & Luc Mbah a Moute?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Nov 27, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

They also fail to comprehend that the only way Morey could have re-signed Ariza was to a 4-5 year, $50-$60 million contract extension that his new agents were asking for prior to the FA signing period. Then Trevor got a call from Phoenix one minute after the signing period began and was so giddy that the owner and GM were Facetiming him (rather than simply calling) that he agreed that day to sign there. There are ZERO reports that Morey was offered a chance to match.

So we couldn't have Ariza without signing him to a big multiyear deal, and we couldn't have a guarantee that Luc would ever be healthy again.

The situation absolutely sucks, but Trevor bailed on us for greener pastures and so far it looks like Morey made the right call on Luc.

baller4life315, Jayzers_100 and kjayp like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Luc Mbah ah Moute from pre-injury 2017 would fill a need

Luc Mbahm Ahn the Mbench in street clothes cause my body is done fills no need.

Rockets had 1 shot with that team, the best team they've ever had. An all time great squad. Game 5 was our title.

We need to just come to terms with the way that is as Rockets fans.

The future us whatever we can cobble together to not waste the rest of Harden's prime, because man he is special to watch.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I miss 36% and 38% three point shooting. Hell I even miss Ryno at this point at least he was a professional shooter. This team is filled with 24 hr fitness chuckers.

GotGame15 and Rocket PR like this.
  4. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I even miss Ryno's first half of last season when he was making like 75% 3s assisted by CP3

5. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I wrote my coment before reading your's and posted after you hahaha

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I miss Ariza … and a healthy Luc but Luc aint healthy.

It was a terrible idea to let both of them walk , Morey should have kept the healthy one as he fits the system better than just about any non-superstar.

Letting him walk was a waste of an asset , all it took was money … yeah tax money. So what. It is the difference between a 65 win team and one that's struggling to stay above .500.
    Not only was it a waste of an asset , he was left with no real way to replace either besides veteran minimum contracts and the MLE he didn't spend (which is more tax money and probably why it wasn't used - Don't buy the buy out market crap). Its hard to win a champeenship when you are expecting vet min contracts to play above their value and contribute heavy minutes.

Tucker and Ariza as your starting forwards is the perfect combination to go with Harden and Capela … then Ennis is your Luc replacement instead of being asked to start and be the go to defender.

Tax money is the problem here …. plain and simple.

7. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I miss Nene's tougness inside the paint.

8. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

lol!! Im a chinese rocket fans!!!

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Mbah a Moute has been terrible since the injury he suffered while playing with us.
    If he isn't shooting well, he is a massive drain offensively (think worse than Roberson). And that's what he has been for the Clippers this year.

Ariza is hard to gauge - either he doesn't care, or has fallen off a cliff. Either way, dodged a bullet on paying the $15mill.

Neither guy is playing as well as James Ennis this season. I really don't understand the hate for him? One of the few guys who has been doing his job so far this year.
    I guess it is just easier to blame a role player than Gordon's horrible shooting slump? Especially when that role player is doing the job of 2 formerly loved Rockets.

Hmc415 likes this.
  10. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I think if they stay, they will still play well.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not hating on him , just don't think he is good enough defensively to give you what Ariza did last season - I do think he would be an ideal bench guy playing the role Luc did last year.

As for Ariza not putting up the numbers he did last year - He is playing on the leagues worst team and their system is nothing like the one he left which he fit ideally..

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Right. Which is why I respect you.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You think.

Based on no evidence. Moute looked TERRIBLE when he returned to the Rockets after that shoulder injury last year. Looks the same this year. What makes you think he would play well?

Ariza - old guys fall off the cliff eventually. Last year wasn't his best defensive year...

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

The title should be “do you miss last season?” Of course all of us do.

heypartner and Corrosion like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes. But so do the Clippers and the Suns because the guys that played for the Rockets still haven't showed up for them.

16. BackdoorHarden

Do you enjoy watching Ennis and Chriss? Because those 2 replaced Ariza and Luc

17. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I think you're right. I just think that healthy Luc is really a good defensive forward.

18. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I really, really, really miss last season when we won 65 games in the regular season and swept the league.

heypartner, SamFisher and sirjesse like this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I agree that he WAS - seems to have played with his mind. He might be never be the same again - and he is SO bad offensively as a result of the injury that he is unplayable.

Gordon isn't going to shoot 28% from 3 for the season, things will turn around pretty soon!!

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I would like to see Ariza back in a back up role. But "Luc" must not be resigned.
    He is not what i would call a good player.