1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BATCRAP CRAZY] 7 Reasons McCain-Palin are a Lock to Win

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mulder, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

The Seven Reasons McCain-Palin Are a Lock to Win

Posted by: Dan Perrin link

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 08:27AM CDT

There are seven serious, historic, demographic and other wise culturally compelling reasons Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin will win the election on November 4, 2008 – a date of defeat that will sear itself into the Democratic Party’s collective consciousness.

The first and foremost reason McCain-Palin will win is the absolute arrogance, elitism, condescending, patronizing and in-your-face voter suppression campaign – don’t vote for McCain, he can not win -- being conducted by the national media on Senator Obama’s behalf.

Americans do not like to be told what to do. But the national media has become a feminized, electronic vote-for-Obama nagging machine. There is plenty of precedent for the average American telling those telling them what to do, to go pound sand, especially to those who tell them over, and over, and over again. Just ask the HMOs. Their you-can’t-do-this or you-must-do-only-this business strategy ended with the average American saying NO to joining HMOs.

Essentially, the media have been frolicking in the streets in an orgy of Obama adulation and McCain bashing. Now, they will wonder why anyone would be disgusted by their behavior, or want to knock them back in their place? This is a symptom of their chronic and insular world condition.

The media’s blindness is fueling the anti-media web-networks with oceans of gasoline. This is why the proliferation of lawsuits challenging Obama’s claim of natural born citizenship (the original filed by a life long Democrat who is a former Deputy Attorney General of the State of Pennsylvania) and the beating up of the LA Times about its refusal to release the video of Obama speaking at a pro-Palestinian dinner, are just the tip of the anti-media iceberg the media themselves has created.

In short, the media cannot be fair. The media will not ever, not ever admit they had anything to do with the November 4th backlash. They listen to these criticisms just like an alcoholic listens to concerns, but who insists they can still have a drink. The media have hatred and contempt in their hard hearts for any views that do not meet their pro-Obama criteria. Stand by, national media, for the big smack down.

Here are the six other reasons McCain-Palin will win:

1. The Gallup poll after Labor Day has historically been a predictor of the winner of the Presidential election. The person leading in that poll wins the Presidency. The Republican convention, pushed onto Labor Day by the Summer Olympics muddied the waters on this historic fact, but the Gallup poll a week later showed McCain ahead of Obama, predicting the McCain victory.

2. There are six states that since 1972 have voted for the winning Presidential candidate. These are predictor states. They pick winners every time. McCain will win every one of the following six states: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee.

3. Elderly and some other Jewish voters were already uncomfortable about voting for Obama, but the recent comments by Farrakhan that when Obama speaks, the Messiah is speaking, or that Obama’s victory will do great things for the Nation of Islam, or the statement by Jesse Jackson that there will be “fundamental change” in America’s foreign policy, especially with regard to Israel – is causing a hemorrhaging of Jewish support.

4. Women who feel Senator Clinton was treated unfairly by the Democratic Party, by the media and by Senator Obama -- who did not even vet Senator Clinton to be his running mate – will remember. This voting block, you will recall, lay in the weeds in the pre-New Hampshire primary polling. The win by Senator Clinton was a shock, undetected by the polling. And these were Democratic Party voters who were undetected – not the other voters Obama will face November 4th. Obama’s youth vote will not post to the polls, they never do. The young think: the media says Obama will win, so why should I vote? But the 40 and 50 and 60 something women voters who voted for Senator Clinton have three alternative plans to make sure they get to the polls, regardless of a hiccup in their work or child care responsibilities. They will vote, and they will vote against Senator Obama.

5. Today’s unstable world does not bode well for Senator Obama. The instability in the stock market and related job and mortgage fears do not equate with voting for the ING (Inexperienced New Guy.) In an affirmation of Mark Penn’s observation that the strong leader almost always wins the Presidential election, a mid-west hairdresser with no party affiliation told me the country has very serious problems, and that is why she is voting for the strongest leader.

6. Finally, the reason that the world and the media incorrectly will tag as the reason for McCain’s victory (despite the foregoing six other reasons) will be the Wilder or Bradley effect. Simply put, Asians, Whites and Hispanics have and will lie to pollsters about their intention to vote for Senator Obama. According to the Associated Press, this will cost Obama six points at the polls. The AP estimate could be low. In the case of Bradley and Wilder, the spread between a “lead” in the polls and actual votes cast was in the low double digits.

So, when McCain-Palin wins – credit or blame the media. Their harping and yelping for Senator Obama created massive Obama over-exposure, anger and resentment that will be expressed in the voting booth on November 4th.

Wow. The absolute delusional thinking that is going on by the Right wing nut jobs is unreal.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Six days out, with the polls going the way they are, and early voting double the previous record, the only way, I repeat, the only way McCain will win is if the election is rigged.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's like the guy went to sleep somewhere around Sept 7th and just woke up...not hearing one bit of news.

[​IMG]

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Nevada has picked the winner in the last 7 elections.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

His list goes farther back than that.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Anything can happen. Technically the score is still 0-0 so I'm not going to get my hopes up like the last two elections (or Rockets seasons :().

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He also claims McCain will when all of those states when several of them are currently statistical dead heats.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Past performance is not an indicator of future results.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Exactly!

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

These "reasons" are all equally r****ded and illogical. I guess I shouldn't expect much from an article that looks like it was written by a fifth grader.

Frankly, I'm surprised the author didn't include this EXPERTLY CRAFTED argument in his article:

Reason #8: JOHN MCCAIN and SARAH PALIN each have 10 letters in their name. WHITE HOUSE also has 10 letters. Because 10 = 10, McCain/Palin will obviously win the election, and Barack Obama will lose and go back to being just a Muslim terrorist who kills unborn children for fun.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

We shall see.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Serious question. You don't honestly still think McCain has a chance, do you?

If so, I'd love it if you would post a list of states you think will get him to 270.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

old & cliche, but i guess a drowning man will grab straws ...

8th reason: dumbness virus makes Joe The Plummer plausible.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

#5 scares the hell out of me

Obama will be a deer in the headlights when Iran tests him. He's in over his head on the economic mess, too. His weak and delayed response to the South Ossetia mess told me all I needed to know - the guy is an inexperieced rube. What's even more hilarious is that people are assuming he'll compensate for his lack of experience by surrounding himself with quality "trusted advisors" - look at who he's associated himself with in the past and tell me if that makes you feel comfortable - Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, William Ayears, Tony Rezko, toasting Muslim radicals. Not comforting. At all.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Up to this point, I have based all my opinions on why I am supporting Obama and have said nothing about why I am not supporting McCain. For the first part, lack of experience is a legitimate concern, but everyone who becomes President has a learning curve. For the 2nd part regarding his associations, it has become fashionable for McCain and Palin to attack Obama on his associations and, thus, character (to be fair, Palin had to deal with this, as well). So, here's my one and only personal attack on McCain:

Simply stated, John McCain is a grumpy old man who harbors antiquated ideas and views on the world, and is well beyond his "prime."

Besides a few challenges to his party's positions, McCain has never been a maverick -- a career filled with elite handouts and affirmative positionings the likes of which startles the mind. Graduating at the bottom of his collegiate class, in a program he wasn't qualified to attend, McCain was ushered into the military as an "officer" and later into the Congress via family contacts, power and influence.

McCain likes to say that he knows how to win wars. What wars has he won? Vietnam? Vietnam was the least successful war in American history.

McCain, the no-good philanderer that he is, CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, with multiple women, then dumped her for a rich young socialite in a very despicable way -- a socialite who became his new wife and later a prescription junkie -- eventually using her foundation to launder drugs for her habit (a federal offense of which she was never indited).

How can we trust John McCain to run the country when he has proven that he could not even honor the sanctity of his own wedding vows -- Christian vows made to GOD. How can we, the American people, trust John McCain if his wife (who was damn near handicapped from an injury when he dumped her) couldn't?

McCain likes to speak of associations and character, but what about his associations and corrupt relations with Charles Keating, Gordon Liddy and a slew of other heretofore unnamed associations that have been tabled by the "mainstream media". The same media McCain conveniently denounces -- which has always covered for his crooked affairs and missteps.

McCain is not ready for prime time. He is a loose cannon with a feeble mind who will usher in the final blows to America's already fragile economy and status in the world, if he is elected.

And his sidekick Sarah Palin -- Besides being a complete idiot (she couldn't even name a single newspaper she reads), McCain's own handlers describe her as a "whack job" (i.e. a nut.)

See John McCain for what you know he is, an unprepared, fumbling old coot who cannot even run a presidential campaign. How in God's name can he run a country? A vote for John McCain is truly a vote for America's demise as a world economic power.

See how unfair that is? Maybe, maybe not.

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

The quote unquote predictor states are predominantly (4/6) southern states. Coincidentally, Republicans have held the presidency since 72 except for two southern Democrats. But there are other routes to the presidency for Dems besides the deep south.