1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baseball Sim - Season 5 Trade Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Zac: I could work with you on Burroughs.

Cat: Belford can be yours with the right proposal--Sele and maybe another player, possibly another prospect or your first pick in this year's draft (if you have one of the top 5 picks).

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Even if I had one, the top 5 picks are way better than Belford. :)

Anyway, to make another suggestion, I could give you Sele and Lou Guo (good strikeout pitcher prospect, near ready) for Belford and an average catching prospect-- Rodriguez or Cook?

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

manny what would you think of desimone and musselwhite(he will begin in triple A this yr) for your minor leaguer harrington-i also have a lesser interest in d angelo jimenez

4. Manny Ramirez

Here are the proposed deals from my side:

Zac: Burroughs for Rekar

Cat: Belford & Rodriguez for Matt Morris, Lou Guo, & Atlanta's 3rd round draft pick for this season (sorry, but Belford is a brilliant prospect..I feel that I need to get this because I'll probably regret trading him)

DVauthrin: Harrington & Jimenz for Desimone & Musselwhite

Before I give final confirmation on any deal, I need to see 2 things:

1) a link to the final stats from last season
    2) a link to see what my current team looks like

5. The Cat

Belford is only brilliant in homers... actually very comparable to Daryle Ward, except Belford has less talent in Walks. Ward usually hits around .290 for 30-40 home runs. If you want me to trade a 3rd round pick, you'll have to take Sele and not Morris. He's still very good-- here are his stats from last season and previous seasons:

Category ERA W L S G GS IP HA R ER BB K
    Overall 3.58 16 12 0 33 33 241.1 215 100 96 91 175

2001 3.43 19 7 0 32 4 3 241.2 92 73 164 SEA
    2002 3.68 15 14 0 33 8 3 244.2 100 78 173 SEA
    2003 3.14 22 3 0 31 3 1 235.1 82 87 159 SEA,AL

Here is your current team:

http://users2.ev1.net/~morningstarmanor/simleague/draft/team20.htm

6. Manny Ramirez

Okay, Belford & Rodriguez for Sele, Guo, and your 3rd round pick this year. One thing, though, how old is Sele?

7. The Cat

Sele is 34... pretty much that medium age-- he's not young, but he still has 4-5 very good seasons left.

8. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Done. You can post it, if you so choose, since you had some things you wanted to check before hand.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The Rockies are in the market for a great to all-star caliber SS. I can offer Russ Hammit and another prospect depending on the SS.

CK

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

I need a set up man, or a closer.

Ill give you a bunch of prospects/picks whatever. I dont care if hes overpriced or whatever.

Hit me back.

11. Zac D

HayesStreet -
    I'm interested in Bronson Sardinha, a 2B prospect. I don't know what you would want in return, but I have several good OF prospects and Richard Lewis, a 24 year old 2B who is more developed than Sardinha and has better talent in doubles, triples, and avoiding strikeouts, but cannot take walks like Sardinha will be able to. Let me know if you're interested. I also like your CF prospect Stover Sackett; if you wanted to make it a larger deal, it's an option.
    I'm Memphis, if you've forgotten and want to check my roster.
    Thanks!

#31 Zac D, Nov 7, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2001
  12. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Closer Jason Isringhausen is available. Only 32 and a cheap contract. Currently just 1 save away from the league leader, with 11 saves in 18 appearances. Lmk if interested.

13. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

i'd be interested in 3b burroughs and p j bong. let me know if we can work something out.

14. Nomar

Nomar Member

Ive got some players available.

Pedro Martinez, Chipper Jones, and Shawn Green are the top three.

Also available are Mike Sweeny, Jason Varitek, and Carl Everett for hitters; Freddy Garcia, AJ Burnett, Sun Woo Kim, Rich Garces, Matt Mantei for pitchers.

I'd like some good prospects. An example of a good deal would be the Manny Ramirez trade I had with the Cardinals. But offer away.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Closer Jeff Shaw is available. He's 38, and struggling this year, but he's still got decent ratings and probably could still be a strong closer for the next season or two. I need starting pitching for him, preferably young.

16. Zac D

Hey Ward, if you still read this,

I'll give you Gene Amar (23 year old GGAG starting pitcher), Jorge Sosa (a Brilliant strikeout closer, age 26), Tommy Eddy (24 year old AFAGG outfielder with A range. His current ratings are 5 3 3 5 6, so he's very well developed for his age), and Russ Quist (AGAAA starter, age 24, B duration) for Chin-Hui Tsao and Terence Crosby. I'll also take any unwanted salary off your hands (Hinch, Febles, Crespo, Matthews.. you get the idea).

17. haven

haven Member

The Astros are now in dire need of a 3b player. I'm willing to part with some good pitching prospects.

I'm only renting him, so age, contract, etc is irrelevant. If you want Ben Diggins, Wang, or Kimbell, you'd have to offer me a young stud that I could trade once Teixeira returns.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

haven...

I have Feliz and Torcato at 3B. I'd rather trade Feliz, but Torcato can be dealt if I got what I really needed back.

Both of their contracts run out at the end of the season.

19. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I am shopping Bernie Williams C H Park and maybe Mike Mussina. Looking for good prospects.

20. The Cat

Haven,

Interested in Chris Truby? 1.5 mil in the last year of his contract, and a good power hitter.

Also, would you be interested in Marcus Giles? He's more expensive than Truby, and doesn't have quite the power, but is younger and should be more tradeable at the end of the season. Let me know if either interest you...