1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another step to ‘Islamise’ Turkey: Erdogan favours single-sex dorms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 4, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Umm....women have been getting an education in Turkey for a long time. Do you even know what you are talking about?

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey it is not ideal in Turkey as far as I am concerned, but it is not that big of a deal if they have uni-sex dorms. Let them deal with that.

You really should take to heart the history of how intolerance in Germany toward Jews gradually led to the Holocaust and quit obsessing with Muslims.

BTW why don't you volunteer for Germany to fight in Afghanistan? I think if Germany is still there, it is not the most popular assignment. I suppose, however, you should hide your obsession, as the military might fear you committing some sort of war crime when given a weapon around Muslims.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are seriously r****ded.

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

LOL. Sorry perhaps I should've clarified further. I am Syrian. I lived the first 15 years of my life there. I grew up under Assad oppression. Several of my childhood friends that I drank beer and played video games with are fighting with the free Syrian army, and many of them have been killed. "Tyler Durden" on "zerohedge" isn't gonna tell me what the hell is going on in my country, I know first hand what the hell is going on, and what is going on is a brutal sectarian dictator who responded to mass peaceful protests for "reforms" (not ouster of the regime at first) by killing over 25,000 people. Then, after we pleaded and pleaded and pleaded and I lost several family members and friends in the random brutal shelling of protests and civilian neighborhoods yet nobody in the world (led by the Obama administration) tried to even help us in the least, the Syrian people and especially the youth who started this revolution for freedom and dignity decided to carry arms because "peaceful measures" don't work when you're dealing with a blood thirsty genocidal dictator. After we carried arms and made some gains on the ground the killing intensified, and more than 100,000 civilians have died in the span of 2.5 years. We begged the west to help. We begged the U.S to help. Notice that at this point there was no Al-Qaeda, there was no Al-Nusra, there wasnt any of that. But after the west let us down and left us for dead, the terrorist organizations with their good funding and excellent training came in like an opportunistic infection and many many fighters who were moderate were recruited by these terrorist organizations simply because of the fire power they have. And then Assad attacked my people with chemical weapons, and again, no action from the global community led by president Obama who is more concerned with his polling numbers than the lives of people and the wellbeing of allies and our very own freaking national interests.

That's what's happening in Syria. And now Iran is in full force slaughtering my people and supporting Assad and 2 of the most notorious terrorist organizations in the world: Hizbullah and the Iraqi Abulfadel al-Abbas brigades. Both have wreaked havoc on Syrian towns and murdered thousands of my people in cold blood. So glynch, please refrain from telling about how nice Iran is.

And the calls to the west continue. Please for the love of god support the moderates who started this glorious revolution against a brutal anti-west dictator. But no answer. Meanwhile, the influence of Al-Qaeda and other islamic extremist groups grows exponentially every day while we sit here and pretend Syria doesn't exist and call for "peace talks" in Geneva.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your personal losses in this conflict.

Serious question: Do you think that, at this point in time, it would even be possible to support the "moderates" without at the same time supporting Al-Qaeda (whose influence has already grown exponentially, as you say)?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Come on, glynch. That was a cheap shot.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Erdogan is a power hungry, biased, scheming, and untrustworthy leader. He is actively attacking secularism in Turkey, and generally attacking the constitution.

An Islamist though, he is not, except on a cosmetic level. He is the spawn of moderate Islam and extremist political ideology. When you put Erdogan and, say, the supreme leader of Iran in the same boat, then you are rendering the meaning of the word "Islamist" worthless.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think the human race is collectively stunned!

;-)-

I would enjoy Mathloom elaborating on that, as it sounds interesting.