1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

13 year-old Tyree King shot and killed by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I'd like to point out something that no one seems to have yet pointed out: the second suspect was released. This suggests that the two people, including the 13 year-old that was killed, were not the one's who committed the robbery. However, if it does turn out that this 13 year-old was going around robbing people with his laser-sighted BB-gun, then I see no reason to not charge his parents with manslaughter.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's a sociopath. It's his nature.

3. Buck Turgidson

As is mentioned in every similar thread when this same comment is made...no, once it gets to the point where a cop shoots they shoot to kill. Life is not Hollywood.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Winner.

That said, the cop really had no other choice, IMO.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between not possessing empathy and arguing logically rather than emotionally. Should be obvious, apparently it's not to everyone though.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Unfortunately for you, logic includes consistency which you don't have any of int his case. I sure don't remember you this eager to call Brock Turner a career criminal that deserved death.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you are still trying to compare two cases that have nothing at all in common? I'll give you credit for tenacity, it's just too bad you are lacking when it comes to content.

I told you last night that if he had pulled a gun on a cop when he was being arrested that he'd deserve what happened to him as a result of that foolish action.....most likely death yet somehow you keep trying to pimp out this angle anyway. Odd.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yup. 13 year old kid or not, being an armed robber is a dangerous job and unfortunately for it cost him his life...but its his own fault. this is not a cop shooting someone with their hands up or chokeholding someone to death for selling cigarettes. this was a young kid who made a series of stupid decisions that cost him his life...100% his own fault.

as a victim of armed robbery in my own home i am in favor of death penalty for anyone who uses a gun to commit a crime and its especially hard for me to feel any sympathy for the kid/criminal or his family.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BTW, the Eric Garner and Micheal Brown cases also weren't instances where a cop shot someone with their hands up or a cop chokeholding someone to death. That was just the spin.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just amazed that you can't use your own rules for Brock Turner.

You can't even type the words that he's a career criminal can you? It really is impossible for you to do. Even though he was found guilty of rape and Tyree King was a suspect. Amazing.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Career" implies that you can profit from it as an occupation or profession, you know, like you can from armed robbery. There's no profit in rape, so it's not so much a "career criminal" as it is a "serial rapist". Again, the cases are in no way similar. Like, at all. In any way.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I am not sure what Brock Turner has to do with this.

Brock Turner should have gone to jail for a long time for rape.

Tyree King was very young, however if he pulled a realistic looking gun on an officer, I do not blame the officer for shooting him. Teenagers have killed cops before.

Is there a guarantee that King would have gone on to be a career criminal? No, there are no guarantees but the odds were not in his favor.

I don't think I would ever say any 7th grader deserves to die. What is happening that people are forgetting that these black children being shot and killed are HUMAN BEINGS. It doesn't make what they are doing right or should be forgiven, but they are still people and deserve basic decency. The same goes for the police officers... their jobs are stressful and they are also HUMAN and deserve basic empathy.

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a fair take that has empathy. Bobby is like "good riddance".... I think irl, bobby has empathy, it's just he tries to espouse an aura of lacking it here to create an illusion that his intellect surpasses us plebs who possess empathy.

From the initial narrative, ya, the officers had little choice. The 13 year old forced their hand. It's an unfortunate situation all around I'm sure the officer is pretty shaken up and obviously the family is devastated. I doubt or at least hope the officer who had to pull the trigger doesn't have the same mentality has bobby with 13 year old kids...'good riddance'.... just no.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Kids and drug addicts are why all of our toys have to stupid red muzzles that you have to steal paint to spray paint over if you want your victim to believe it is real. If your kid has one and sees a cop advise him to run as fast as they can towards the cop with it in order to turn it in. They might just avoid a stern lecture.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They still sell that model BB Gun at the local Walmarts all across America.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

BB guns are guns that can shoot your eye out. They don't have a red muzzle you have to spray paint in order to commit armed robbery.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The painted tip is a nonfactor to me, too. You can spray paint barrels orange to imitate a toy gun. If you draw anything that remotely looks like a real gun, you're fair game to get shot.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

michael brown is bad example, but garner was not doing anything to put those cops lives in danger. my point was that there are plenty of examples of cops unjustifiably killing people...this is not one of them.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was just saying that in both cases the narrative was inaccurate. Brown didn't have his hands up, and Garner wasn't choked to death. McDonald's killed Garner every bit as much, and possibly even more than any other factor.

I do agree that there are cases of police wrongdoing, but we always seem to focus on the wrong cases. People are too quick to try and push a narrative about police misconduct that is actually pretty rare so they end up inventing examples to help push the cause.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

WE NEED TRUMP MORE THEN EVER