1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone here work with food packaging?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emoreland, Aug 19, 2015.

1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I wanted to ask Clutchfans if any of you had dealings with food presentation and packaging. I have grown my business to the point where I need to have packaging that works with my chocolates and cheesecakes. I want to hook up with a packaging company that can take my desserts and make them look spectacular with a package, sticker, logo, etc.

Has anyone here worked with a packaging warehouse or have any dealings with this sort of thing? Any help would be appreciated

2. Asian Sensation

Seeking: fudge packer

1 person likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not sure if you are asking for a packaging company or a marketing campaign to create the look that the packagers/printer execute?

Do you have all the labels and packaging design done already? Then the marketing person/firm who did that will have all the contacts you need.

If you don't yet have the design created, then, Yes, I know several ppl in Houston who have experience designing packages and managing the printing/fabricating of their designs for you, or give you options if you want to find the printers/packagers yourself.

4. emoreland

Ive had several designs but I am looking for something new in the way of the look and design. I will email you if you dont mind; thank you.

5. emoreland

Wow that was...um, clever :rolleyes:

6. heypartner

cool. but just to be clear, I would be referencing you to people who would expect to be bidding on the packaging design and then they'd use their packager, within budget. If you want to skip the design phase (maybe you already did that or want to salvage that cost with tweaks) then best I could do is get their recommendations on who they use. But is that of value to you? recommendations from a cfnet poster based on friends? I think you could do better.

Email me if your package design is up for bid. I might be able to connect you with a worthy bidder or two for you to look at, who have design experience with packages...which is not the same as flat-art graphic design, as you know.

7. TheMountainTop

I work in food packaging. Who are you marketing to? How much do you want to spend per unit on packaging your chocolates? Post some pics so I can help you better.

8. emoreland

[​IMG]

ill get some more pics this afternoon

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn that looks good.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The way the juices just ooze down the side of the cake...

11. emoreland

Ive got alot of orders this afternoon so I will add some pics asap.

Basically I want to pretty much take that slice of cheesecake, package it as a slice in one of those plastic wedge containers, and sell it in my store as well as in my food truck. I want someone to be able to pick it up, pay for it and be on their way. I really dont have time to take orders and mess with the cheesecakes and chocolates.

So far I have purchased the wedge containers from Sams Club and several places online but they arent always the right size and I still have to have them wrapped in plastic. I just think it would look alot more professional.

12. heypartner

damn, that's nice.

Goes to show you what you can make when you don't hire on minimum wage that creates lazy people who complain about each constantly.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Look up Beisswenger's.

Ask for John Lind.

#13 Zboy, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

15. emoreland

What the heck! That is my cheesecake!! Im glad you found that because im gonna have to email them. I paid a photographer specifically to take pictures of my brownies, cheesecakes, chocolates, and pies. Thank you for finding this. Im gonna give the photographer a call tomorrow morning.

16. emoreland

Thank you Zboy. Here are some of my artisan chocolates

[​IMG]

17. emoreland

Not funny at all, man

18. emoreland

Oh man I need to apologize. I called and that is actually another folder had ideas of cheesecakes, not my actual pic. I suppose she got the photo online somehow but I want to go on record saying that I mistakenly put that image on here.

19. emoreland

here is an entire chocolate strawberry cheesecake that I made recently.

[​IMG]

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Makes you want to shove it in.