1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hope to trade Omer Asik by December 19th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 6, 2013.

1. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Off topic

Andrew Bynum is looking pretty damn good.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

no insider information. Just usual trade deadline talk

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I think Murray has 2 trades set up to happen

4. basketballholic

Just another tidbit about Paul:

If Paul becomes unhappy with L.A., there's no better replacement through trade for him than Rondo.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Morey said sometime in the summer that they are after "top 25-30 players, regardless of position". These are the ones that may be available:

Irving
    Melo
    Love
    Wall
    Rondo

Irving, Love, and Wall are less likely, but are within a certain range of possibility if Morey can work some magic. So it's probably either Melo or Rondo.

I believe Morey was the one that advocated for drafting Rondo when he was working for the Celtics. Tony Parker isn't a great shooter either, but the Spurs offense works seemlessly.

6. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Please share with us?:)

7. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

What about Tristian Thompson?

8. pnr

pnr Member

Tony Parker didn't have to share the ball with a ball dominant wing. I think if Rondo were to come, one of he or Harden would have to come off the bench.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If Rondo is involved you can bet the Celtics want Lin and Asik in return

Rondo
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones
    Howard

Wow

10. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

By setting a deadline for the trade, Morey is giving up a lot of leverage to a team who wants to scalp him. Won't be surprised if all we get back in return is a protected 1st rounder and an expiring contract.

11. JD88

JD88 Member

They were looking to move Waiters.

Asik for Waiters and AV would be ideal. Nice 6th man and a backup rebound machine. Doesnt get much better than that.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

asik + Lin
    OR
    "1st round picks from a asik trade" + Lin

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don't see it working that way. Setting a deadline is like setting an end of auction time on eBay. You get a bunch of bidders 2 minutes before the deadline bidding against one another because everyone knows no matter what the item is going to be sold.

DM setting a deadline tells everyone to submit their best offers because if they're serious they'll have to or lose out to another team. All that's left after a deadline is set is making sure the market knows and let the teams bid up the price. If he didnt set a deadline he'd be less likely to get serious and strong bids.

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Man I'd be bummed to see Lin traded. A three guard rotation of harden, rondo, Lin would be sick.

I could see Boston wanting Lin though. He fits their market and what they're trying to do. Maybe they'd take asik + bev + 2nd rounder.....

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Disagree. Harden can just play off ball more, like a traditional 2 guard...which he is. Harden will get still get his buckets, but he will get the, easier with an elite passer to set him up. Rondo has already proven he can play with "ball dominant" players.....Pierce and Garnett.

Rondo's primary value to us would be taking care of the ball and defense. He has a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio, compared to Harden and Lin's 1.5 to 1. The ball won't stick with him, and he will make the right plays rather than just the "aggressive" ones. He's also an excellent defender, which should help our struggling perimeter D.

Lastly...he's got a ring.

16. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

I would be happy with asik/lin/1st rounder for rondo/lee...

rondo/bev/brooks
    harden/lee
    Parsons/garcia/brewer
    jones/casspi
    howard/dmo/smith

I would even be happy with asik for millsap/1st rounder which i think is the most probable move.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

yeah I been a rockets fan since the 90s but Lin is my favorite player on the current roster, I actually feel that Lin could be our solid PG here but W Mchale & harden it's just not the right situation for him currently. I'm a rocket fan first so if we could get a "PROVEN playoffs" defensive minded, less turnover, floor general PG like rondo with the cost of giving up Lin, I'm all for it because I know that will better the rockets championship chances.

the market is good for Lin in Boston/Harvard he would start, still go to playoffs, be primary ball handler, so morey would actually be doing him a favor trading him there. Anige knows ticket sales will go up also.

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Dude! When can we go to the track!

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what they say. I don't necessarily agree.

What I do agree is that whoever plays with Harden has to be able to play off the ball at least some of the time. Lin is decent in that role. Rondo would be WORSE than Lin playing off the ball.