1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get this team a scoring big man!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Apr 27, 2013.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I love this team! When we play the way we played in the 2nd half we can beat anybody. When we play with so much passion and heart like we did tonight, we can beat anybody! That stuff is contagous, if someone like Dwight Howard can embrace that culture, watch out! All we are missing is consistent scoring in the post.

Whether its Howard, Smith, or someone else. Get a big time big man in Houston and we have a team that can contend for a title!

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1000000% agree. It's impossible to be a consistent offensive team when you rely so heavily on guard play and outside shooting.

An offensively competent big man should be the #1 goal of the team in my opinion, and then probably a new coach.

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

4. moose

moose Member

Aldridge, Love, Howard, J Smith I'll take any of them at this point.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Disagree I think it would be awful to have a reliable scoring option in the post

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

LOL really with all the holes and inc

7. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden, Love, Dwight.

That's possible if we dump Lin, Asik(sorry bro), T-Rob, and Motie right?

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

LOL really with all the holes and inconsistent starters on the roster rockets only need 1 player to contend for a title????? Bro rockets wont be in contention for years to come.

9. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

10. JurisDoctorate

Unlikely that Dwight's coming, since the Lakers will very likely rebuild around him since Kobe won't be same after the torn achilles.

Josh Smith is probably the most likely.

11. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well, it's heavily dependent on who's available. Dwight might be if he chooses to not stay in Los Angeles; Gasol may be as well should they amnesty Kobe and immediately try to reload.

Aldridge, while my favorite player mentioned (always has been – I love watching him), is clearly the focus of the rebuilding efforts in Portland, one that should be pretty much be done this next season. He's not going anywhere.

Kevin Love is probably the best fit (being a rebounding 4 with range), but he went to the David Lee School of Defense and will also likely not be available (what with the firing of David Khan and the impending sale of the team).

2009 Dwight will never return and is not a substantial enough upgrade over Asik to make the Rockets into contenders (though I would still cheer for him). And J Smoove would regularly make enough boneheaded decisions that Harden's inexplicable turnovers tonight wouldn't be much of an issue.

At the end of the day, the Rockets are right where OKC used to be: they have some real, young talent they will soon need to re-sign (especially Parsons). Unlike OKC, however, there is no Ibaka on a meteoric rise up the relevancy scale unless one of the leftouts suddenly starts playing.

Maybe I'm just looking at a half empty glass because that was a crushing loss. Regardless, Russell Westbrook can go eat a bag of cat poop.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd settle for al Jefferson

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The inconsistency is a result of youth and inexperiance.

We are getting VALUBLE experience right now. I expect big improvements from everyone, especially Lin. I'm not sure what holes you are talking about... Obviously need to be better on D, but that comes with experience also.

14. ILoveTheRockets

I'd settle for paul milsap

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He is buried on the bench.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Josh Smith looked today from what I saw. Sigh...

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao will be 33 next year.

Comeback time?

;)

DD

18. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

We'd destroy OKC if we had Yao.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I don't get how a big man(another PF/SF tweener) who isn't a threat in the post and shoots a terrible three-point and freethrow % will make us a contender. You would have to overpay to acquire him as well. You know who i am talking about.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

We'd need more than just a scoring big man to make us contenders. We would also need to solidify our bench.