1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by robbie380, Nov 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I got love for Rita too, just the british woman has that evil hotness about her. Yeah Deb looks good from one angle, from the rest she looks weird.

2. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Last night was great. And there are still 3 more to go!

It got picked up for another season, so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

3. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

this season just blows season 1 out of the water. it's like season 1 was just one long setup for a great show.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The the last 2 episodes, 11 & 12, have been leaked.

5. tulexan

tulexan Member

The episode last Sunday was pretty good. Showtime does a great job of making you believe something is going to happen from watching the preview only to be something completely different.

6. movement

movement Contributing Member

Gee thanks. :mad: A spoiler alert would have been nice. I just started watching season 1.

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Awesome show. I love rooting for the serial killer to get away with murder.

8. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

thank you! you made my night.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow. I'm glad I didn't have to wait a week to find out the cliffhanger to episode 11.

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

What's this show about? Looking for some TV shows to get into over Christmas break..

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My wife and I have watched Dexter from the beginning. After last weeks episode, I turned to her and said, "Damn, this show is good."

It's so well written, plotted, and acted. Great, great show.

People who like Dexter might want to check out Michael Hall's previous HBO series, Six Feet Under. Also, a quirky, very excellent show.

12. tulexan

tulexan Member

Serial killer who only kills bad people (he is also a cop)

13. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I'm very tempted to watch ahead, but I spend my sunday nights with Dexter in HD.

Must. Resist. Temptation.

rocketfat - Season one was based on Jeff Lindsay's book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter". Lindsay helped with the writing on season one, but has admitted that after they turned the show over to other writers for season two, the storylines got better.

It also appears that because of the writers strike, CBS might be airing edited versions of Dexter, Tudors, and possibly Weeds.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well it looks like we are getting setup for a great finale. i swear this is the only show that i have watched that consistently keeps me on the edge of my seat. it's like i can't even take the suspense sometimes. everything about this season has been near perfect. like even just the camera angles on most of the scenes make you wonder if something crazy is getting ready to happen next.

i am still amazed from week to week how well they have weaved everything together.

15. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Ooooooohhh, that Lila is a hell b****!

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I didn't know about this show until the robbie380 posted about. But then I downloaded both seasons, and just finished watching season two now. Its a great show. It was a welcome relief during this writers strike.

I wish Lila wasn't killed. I thought she was Dexter's true soul mate. The only one who could ever understand him other than his brother.

Also Rudy in Season 1 is a great actor

17. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Well, watched the season finale last night. Action packed. I'm glad I stumbled onto this series at the beginning of this season. I will be renting the first season(assuming it's available).

With the relatively few posts about this show, I think not a lot of people have been watching (at least from the BBS). I think it is really good, mixing in humor with macabre. Looks like there will be another season.

18. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Season One is on DVD. Good ending.

I could have done without the Paris scene, it didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the episode. They could have started Season 3 with it.

I liked Doakes, I'll miss the Mf'er.

YOUTUBE NSFW!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiJILbF07E0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiJILbF07E0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

the paris scene didn't fit in great but they only had the hour to wrap things up. i thought it neatly wrapped things up. granted, i wouldn't have minded them keeping lila's character around but i don't mind them ending her storyline.

overall this was an amazing season and i hope they can keep it up next year.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Dokes?

Daym Daym Daym!!!!! (florida evans)