1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

60 Day Moratorium in Adult Films Industry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Apr 15, 2004.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The summer of 2004 may be a scary one in SoCal.

------------

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4752236/

Actor's HIV infection strikes p*rn industry
    60-day moratorium halts filming until partners are tested
    Updated: 7:53 p.m. ET April 15, 2004

LOS ANGELES - California’s multi-billion-dollar adult p*rn industry ground to a virtual halt Thursday after a popular actor tested positive for the virus that causes AIDS.

Industry advocates immediately called for a 60-day moratorium on filming so that others could be tested.

Actor Darren James tested positive for HIV Wednesday in screening conducted routinely on the industry’s 1,200 regular actors by the Adult Industry Medical Healthcare (AIM) Foundation, the foundation’s Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell said.

They must show negative tests to keep working in the industry, Mitchell said, adding that only about 17 percent of performers use condoms.

James, the first p*rn actor to test positive for the virus since 1999, had a “stellar record” of tests -- negative every three weeks for the past seven years, she said.

Mitchell said James may have contracted the virus about four weeks ago while filming in Brazil on a “non-condom” set.

The Los Angeles-based industry, which normally films three to four films a day, must now wait 60 days to learn whether the deadly virus spread to 14 actresses who had onscreen sex with James, or to the 35 sex partners the women subsequently had.

The at-risk actors have been quarantined until June 8, and Mitchell has advocated a moratorium on shooting until the extent of the infection is known.

Former p*rn actress Jill Kelly, founder of Jill Kelly Productions Holding, Inc., said she and most other film producers have halted production for the next two months.

The postponement of eight films “won’t do much damage” and can be quickly remedied by doubling the six-day-per-month shooting schedule, Kelly said.

But actors who live “check to check” may have trouble making ends meet during the moratorium, she said.

“Most of the people I have talked to are cooperating,” she said. “There are a few people that won’t. But if I find out there is talent working I won’t ever hire them again.”

Kelly said she was quarantined in 1999 after working with actor Tony Montana who subsequently tested positive for HIV and infected several co-stars.

“I was clean (but) it’s scary,” she said.

Director Corey Jordan, who used James in his “Baby Got Back” series, called the actor’s diagnosis “a shock,” but predicted the industry would rebound.

“In the p*rn community itself, HIV is pretty much taken care of in the sense that we make sure everyone is tested,” he said. “Right now it’s not about money, it’s about people’s well being.”

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Just remember kids......

Its NEVER about the money.....

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Shot.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I just hope Macbeths ok. :D

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care how extensive and frequent their testing is, it's freaking stupid for any of these "stars" to have sex that often with that many partners and not use condoms.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wasn't making ends meet what caused all this? :eek:

8. Isabel

Isabel Member

No kidding. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. (unless it does, and we just don't hear about it)

Good comment Refman. :D

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sucks for him....and any others....and all people that have AIDS.

They are just stupid to not use protection when they sleep with so many people, and then THOSE people sleep with so many peopls, and then THOSE and so on.

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

What I want to know is, what will overworking these "actors and actresses" do to the quality of the film :D :D

11. Nomar

Nomar Member

Jill Kelly is hot.

Wait, who said that?

12. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Why do gay guys use ribbed condoms?

Because they like traction in the mudd!!! muhahahahhaha :D

13. Summer Song Giver

Apparenty at least one of the starlets who had sex with James in between his last negative HIV test and his most recent positive test has also tested positive for HIV. Lara Roxx who is either 18 or 19-years-old. Roxx had only been in the adult industry for three months.

Really sad, the list of first and second generation appears to be a long one, keep in mind first generation are people who had sex with either James or Roxx and second generation are people who had sex with those people. Either way it's gotta be scary no matter what generation you are considered, and with the way they get around you can bet their could be fifty generations if there were the means to even track it that far.

The current list of quarantined performers as it stood yesterday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHATSWORTH, Calif. - On April 12, Darren James was confirmed as HIV-positive. The Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation (AIM) immediately began the process of containing the virus by quarantining everyone who may have come in contact with the disease, ensuring that it doesn't become an epidemic.

HIV-postive: Darren James and Lara Roxx. Now there are two lines of the HIV virus to track. James' has Line A. Roxx has line B.

First-Generation of Line A: Thirteen women are known to have worked with Darren James during the time he is believed to have been HIV-positive. This list is considered complete.

These women are: Jocelyn (3/19/2004); Dynasty (3/25/2004), Annie Cruz (3/29/2004); Banesca, Persia, Miss Arroyo (3/30/2004); Kayla Marie, Jessica Dee (4/07/2004); Lara Roxx (3/24/2004), Skyler Banks, Patrice Petite, Candy Ray, Deserie Clark, and Kayla Marie again (4/08/2004).

The dates following each group of names is when it is believed that the women in that group worked with James.

Second-Generation of Line A: The group of performers, both male and female, that have worked with members of the first-generation since their scene with James. This list is far from complete.

The following are on the second-generation list: John Strong, Carlos Mendes, Mark Anthony, T.T. Boy, Sean Michaels, Julian St. Jox, Mark Davis, Jason Zupalo, Duane Commings, Judy Starr, Marco T., Brock, Dominico, Mark, Sledge Hammer, Brian Pumper, Steven St. Croix, Alex Saunders, Tony Sexton, Brian Surewood, and L.T. Turner.

First-Generation of Line B: Maxxx Black, Darren James, Mark Anthony, (3/24/2004) Tyler Knight (3/25/2004).

Second-Generation of Line B: Rayveness and Eva Lux.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dang now my wife will have to get tested.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I was actually wondering what ended up happening with Macbeth and his new friend the other day. Seems about time for an update.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Scary sh*t

Question: If they living check to check in the p*rn industry . . .how will they make movie now? Esp if they infected?

I see alot of them MIGRATING to the BRAZILIAN Market :rolleyes:
    or something

BTW I wonder if the Brazilians pay better
    they just don't seem to have the US Standards
    so why do it

I dunno . . .the whole thing is crazy.

Rocket River

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I guess we'll see MacBeth start posting again... :)

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

LOL

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Actually I heard that an actor infected with virus, Tony Montana, started a production company where positive actors and actresses can act together in films.

20. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I won't pretend to know anything about medicine, but it just seems to me that fluid exchange amongst HIV-positive people would be kinda risky. Not like it would mutate or anything, but if both people's immune systems are already jacked up, they're more susceptible to other types of illnesses and would just end up with a soup of sickness.

Sorry, not the best choice of words on that last part there...