1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Departure Now Makes Sense (Chronicle)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Oct 29, 2020.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Les signed Morey before selling.
    Morey leaving does leave a bad taste. Can I blame Morey for not being loyal to Rockets fans? Yup.

Can I put some blame in whether Tillman was not a good enough owner to keep Morey an engaged as an associate? Yup.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Be prepared to be labelled as a Fertitta. Lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Pat Riley resigned from the Knicks and took the Miami job. Knicks said "woah, no you can't. You're under contract." And got a FRP and $1m compensation after complaining.

Tilman would probably forego the FRP and ask for $$ only ... probably banking the full $6m of Cash Considerations for Morey's release, a Bubba Gump in the Wells Fargo Arena, and Landry's sponsorship ads free for each year Morey is there.

That didn't happen, and Morey/Tilman both said they discussed terms of release. So, Morey was allowed to job hunt, apparently. And Tilman's incompetence missed a golden nugget opportunity to get a Bubba Gump in the Sixers arena.

#23 heypartner, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tilman and HARDEN. Don't gloss this over. Harden made dumping CP3 for Westbrook a priority. He even said he kept asking Morey why it wasn't done yet. Harden share the responsibly of being the force that makes things happen here.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I'll say it again. Morey 0 rings. Good bye

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Harden can push all he wants, Fertita is the one that has the hammer.

BallSoHarden, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd say Harden forcing a trade is a hell of a hammer though.

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm convinced Morey/Tilman's release negotiations were partly due to Morey wanting to protect the 76ers from need to give up a FRP, had he just quit.

Tilman might have even started the conversation for cost-cutting due to the massive hit Covid and his new debt caused, and Morey quickly said "Oh. So you're concerned about a parachute so I release you from major costs." "hmmm, wonder if I can get this guy to waive the non-compete too, so I don't lose a FRP at my next gig." lulz

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey should have gone to the Lakers or at least Miami. GSW if Meyers ever got bored.

Those are top destinations to win it all.

Philly's position is a little better than Htown's, they have less talent though and you still have to get rid of Embiid or Simmons.

11. Ankich

Ankich Member

That's just access journalism. The Chronicle needs sources in the Rockets organization, and Morey is no longer useful for that, so you get Fertitta-approved puff pieces about how Dorky Daryl totes screwed the Rockets over. These pieces obviously depend on us ever buying the bullshit public story, which no one did, but what you won't see is Fertitta lift a finger to file an actual grievance or a lawsuit against the Sixers since that would reveal that the bullshit public story was covering up him pushing Morey out.

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Ferntits is that you? FOH, Morey gave his heart and soul to this organization. He's earned the right to leave whenever he wants.

Little Bit, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

this blows, yall.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sounds like sour grapes dripping from Tillman's gaping maw...

D-rock likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus, that was difficult to read. Literally. It was just one disjointed sentence following another. It was like a series of bad, one-liner tweets got stuck together and labeled an "article." Is this the best we can do, chron?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can tell who the Tilman sock puppets are.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, that's a possibility all right but if you take the time to really look at what's gone down the past 4 years - at the philosophies of both MDA AND Morey along with the personnel moves that were made to execute said philosophies then I find it just a little too convenient to label Tillman as the core reason for the situation the Rockets find themselves in today. And let's be fair here - Tillman did not hire MDA - that was Alexander who went out and hired a guy who was on nobody's coaching radar at the time. MDA was perfect for Morey who was more interested in proving himself to be smarter than everyone else. Now add Harden who wants to do things HIS way and who influences who and what players were brought here and you have the perfect recipe for the morass that is the Rockets. But by all means let's continue to rail against Tillman and label him a cheap b*stard who is destroying the Rockets because that way everyone can continue to evade facing the hard truths that will need to be dealt with going forward.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

cool. great insight tilman or patrick

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Man I thought I had seen every kind of dumbass that clutchfans had to offer.

The Tilman defense squad is a breed I hadn’t considered.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This was me right after the Rockets hired MDA.

It's crazy how now you replace season with year, hiring MDA with Morey leaving, and Leslie with Tilman everything else kind of lines up. We really are on on a carousel and just returned to the starting point from four years ago. Hopefully Tilman figures this out and all of my frustrations will evaporate.

Everyone knew that MDA never leaves a team in good shape. He lights a trashcan on fire on the way out. He did it here too. I expected him to force Morey out of here, I didn't expect him to be the one who Morey left in support of.

Also I had completely forgotten. Durant didn't consider the Rockets that offseason because he didn't respect MDA at the time ( i was told this by someone who would know) because MDA, it sure would be ironic if MDA goes to the Brooklyn to really close the circle.

#40 treyk3, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020