1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Have you seen his last 2 games once BoB left?

Oh wait I remember you were a BoB defender. Lol. Hate to see it.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Elite players make Elite teams. You need as many as you can get. Looking better isn't winning a chip. Mahomes has Hill (WR) & Kelce (WR) who are elite. They have an Elite HC with a stud OC. They're kicking the tires on LeVeon Bell. The whole notion that since you have one good player that you don't need others is silly & the reason Houston professional sports teams fail to win the big prize. Look at the Astros, they built a great product with multiple studs.

red5rocket and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its crazy to think that for a year or two the only thing the team needed was a QB - now it seems like the only thing it has is a QB.

red5rocket, TEXNIFICENT and Fulgore like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The ONLY sure thing about the Texans is Deshaun Watson. You can see BoB was holding him back. As much as it may be painful for the team to lose, this season may do WONDERS for the development of DW4. Yes, sucks to lose Hopkins...but it helps Deshaun learn to rely on ALL his weapons, then so be it (NOT defending the the trade. I believe he could have done it with Hopkins here...with a better play caller.)

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. raining threes

What's elite?

6. raining threes

False narrative back then

7. raining threes

I've been a fan of Houston football since 1970.

Lord willing I will still be a fan of Houston football long after Watson is gone. But thanks for your opinion.

8. raining threes

Just because I dont think Watson is an elite QB, then I'm a racist in your eyes. Correct?

9. raining threes

LOL, The receivers aren't even avg? OK

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

OK, Where do you rank them? LOL

11. raining threes

Yep, against two bad or hurt defenses. Lets see how he does Sunday. If he does well I will be pleasantly surprised.

12. raining threes

If Healthy Cobb,Cooks,WFV have been very productive everywhere they've been throughout their career. Stills was a starter before he was he and was productive. A great backup.

Top 10-12, where do you rank them?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm sure you'll find another way to discredit him even if he has a good performance.

Don't forget, Watson outplayed your boy Tannehill H2H last week, and he was doing it without a semblance of a running game, and the Titans defense is much better than Houston's defense.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Below average. Presently they don't have one guy in the Top 20 in receptions and only one (Will Fuller ) in yards. Cobb has clearly lost a step and Cooks doesn't scare anyone. The running backs (and the Texans are spending a ton there) are below average. David Johnson is Done & Duke is a backup. Fells has flashed a TE but who scares anyone? There isn't an Elite player amongst them. Get some horses, It's management's responsibility.

#2174 TEXNIFICENT, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

It’s clear as day why u criticize him and at this point it’s really sad. Go root for the cowgirls. They have a qb with red hair.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wish the Texans had a Derrick Henry. That's what a $10 million+ running back looks like.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. raining threes

That's debatable.

Tannehill drove his team on a 80 or 90 yd drive to win the game without any timeouts and threw for 350 yds. Not Bad.

If Watson does well this week I will be very happy and will come on here and say so.

18. raining threes

The WR's were all really good before they got here. They looked pretty good last week. Hmmm

19. raining threes

Not true at all, I dont think he's a bad QB but he's not an elite QB.

Before you call me racist, my favorite QB's are Mahomes,Wilson,Rodgers,Jackson.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Look at their numbers from last year & rethink "really good".