1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2020] Covid has made Houston drivers worse...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, May 29, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I've seen multiple occasions of people going 30mph faster than traffic, swerving in and out of lanes, cutting people off by inches, and then blowing across 5 lanes to slam on their brakes as they exit into traffic.

I've seen that exact thing at least 3x in the past 2 weeks, and one of them was literally inches from clipping my front bumper as they squeezed between me and a car in the other lane.

Just downright crazy people on the roads right now. Everyone must be too scared to go to the doctor and get their med refills.

B-Bob, Andre0087 and Sajan like this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

All I want from Houston drivers is to go the speed limit, not 20 under because that's what's comfortable to u, and stay out of the left lane if you are not passing. You are just creating more aggression behind people who want to pass you up.

I keep seeing people move over to the left lane from the middle and right lanes...even when their lanes are empty. Why? What triggered this sudden move?

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

When you're driving 20 over the speed limit, as many Texas city drivers want to do, then 20 under is comfortable because it IS the speed limit.

But I avoid city traffic because I can and drive with the flow...so what do I know?

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Tailgating is the worst. It's like the most senseless, ignorant thing to do in a car and people literally can't stop themselves from being 12 ft. behind you on the roads. It doesn't matter what lane, road or time of day. Thousands of people die in car crashes every year, thousands of people have RECENT memory of bodies covered, cars on fire, hours spent in a traffic jam, insurance nightmares, etc... but hardly anyone can be moved to give THEMSELVES the appropriate amount of room between them and the car in front of them. Distance, TIME as it were, to react and avoid a collision.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Listen Buck, we are not here to argue about 20 over....we are here to say on a sunny non traffic day, drive the posted speed limit in the middle and right lanes. Not go 40 in a 60 causing everyone to change lanes.

I will argue all day that those who do that cause more danger than the guy going 20 over in the left lane.

60 in the left lane. amazingly safe
    80...oh no! death is imminent.

The Germans are laughing at us while they cruise at 120mph.

RustyHarden likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

3-5 second distance rule isn't so some other jerk can cut in...

This is about the only time I drive 10 below speed limit on clear conditions. Eventually they get the point or I drive even slower.

Ofc, when they swerve out of frustration, then I pick up the pace and make them work for it.

B-Bob likes this.