1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Prime TV] The Boys Spin-off: Gen V

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

‘The Boys’ Spinoff in Development at Amazon Following Massive Season 2 Launch

The Boys” could soon be getting a spinoff. Variety has learned that Amazon is fast-tracking development on a new iteration of the popular comic book series adaptation.

The news comes just under three weeks after the premiere of Season 2 of the series, which is based on The New York Times best-selling comic of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. The second season is airing weekly, while the first dropped all at once, with the finale set to air Oct. 9. According to Amazon, the second season had the most-watched global launch of an Amazon original series ever, with the episodes to date having grown the audience from Season 1 by 89%. It was renewed for a third season ahead of the Season 2 premiere while also adding an aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler.

[​IMG]

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of “The Boys.”

Craig Rosenberg is writing the pilot and will serve as showrunner and executive producer under his overall deal with Sony Pictures Television, with Rosenberg currently serving as writer and executive producer on the original series. “The Boys” creator Eric Kripke will also executive produce along with “The Boys” executive producer Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver of Point Grey Pictures. Original Film’s Neal H. Moritz and Pavun Shetty, who also executive produce “The Boys,” are also executive producers on the spinoff. Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television will produce.

The second season sees the titular vigilantes on the run and hunted by the supes. Hughie (Jack Quaid), Mother’s Milk (Laz Alonso), Frenchie (Tomer Capon) and Kimiko (Karen Fukuhara) are in hiding after the explosive events of the first season finale, while Butcher (Karl Urban) is off on his own for a bit. Meanwhile, Homelander (Antony Starr) is trying to expand his power in a few new ways and Starlight (Erin Moriarty) is trying to navigate her own place in the Seven as the group shifts. Stormfront (Aya Cash), a social-media savvy new supe, comes in with an agenda of her own, while a larger threat looms, leaving Vought seeking to capitalize on the nation’s paranoia

#1 Xerobull, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've watched some of the aftershows and I never realized Aisha Tyler was such a dork.

"Inside the Boys"...really?!? :eek::cool:

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sounds like a really bad idea to me. The Boys would be pretty boring without Butcher, Hughie, and Co.

Im picturing Van Wilder with super heros and that doesn't sound very appealing.

4. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not overly confident in this

Rocket River

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've just started watching Season 2 of The Boys and like it so far but yeah I've got my doubts about this spinoff.

It sounds like it could turn into a CW Show..

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Time Travel in 3-2-1.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bring back the tick

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am all in. Love the humor in the boys. Would not mind another show.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'd rather a third season of The Tick. That show started to click in the second season.

CCorn likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Liking the boys, it's right behind Raised By Wolves and a nice change of pace, but a spin off? Can't see it working.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I miss dangerboat

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This spinoff is right in line with the comics, they went into detail about what the supes get into in their off time.

Some crazy stuff and gives an idea why "The Boys" hate supes so much.

Will be interesting to see them do the Sex Island in this series, some crazy ****.

London'sBurning likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

I miss dangermouse. That was some of the funniest cartoon of it's time.

15. Xerobull

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When a show that does satire becomes the satire itself.

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Mr. Krabs FTW

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Xerobull

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

zoomers

Andre0087 likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Big fan of The Boys, but I'm not too pumped for this. I don't know if such a show should run concurrent to its source material - maybe it would be better off airing after The Boys is done (which I think it should end sooner than later.)

clos4life and Invisible Fan like this.