1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Mo Bamba?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Sep 23, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can pull up a lot more as well and the only move Gordon showed of the dribble is a spin move.

Nothing left handed.

No in and out

No real hesitation dribble.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jeff Green was getting passed around from team to team, and was cut by Utah before coming here

Gordon can do pretty much everything Green displayed.

D-rock likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Marcus Morris in Free Agency is really needed at Starting Power Forward, Tucker comes off the bench or gets traded for younger players.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Never gonna happen unless the Magic GM is a nut. Please come up with a more realistic trade proposal.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And this means what?

He also was cut and then played major minutes for a team that made it to 2nd round.

And we are talking about skill not how valuable a player is, stay on the subject.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

PG Russell Westbrook
    SG James Harden
    SF Robert Covington
    PF Aaron Gordon
    C Mo Bamba
    PG DJ Augustin
    PF Jeff Green
    C Tyson Chandler

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That could be realistic if DM uses the full MLE on him, but Marcus is a 6th man type.

Plowman likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Billups was passed around from team to team until be became the starting point guard of a dynasty and then was passed around again and lead Melo to the WCF. I never saw Melo there again, did you?

There is no path. No two players are a like. None of us know who is truly better or more skilled or who would do what in a different scenario. It's subjective and instead of acting like we have the answer, create a dialogue not a lecture.

A. Gordon is great it's clear. The Magic aren't the best place for him to thrive unless they free up the paint a little more. Gordon is clearly a higher upside guy than Green at this point and has a shot to become a difference maker All-Star type.

Gordon also isn't coming to the Rockets. Green played for the Rockets two weeks ago! He looked pretty great in this system!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

left hand finish...post moves...turnaround midrange fade...pull up threes...other video showing things like a mid post into a quick spin move for the finish

Gordon can easily do everything Green can.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I only had issue with saying Green is way more skilled than Gordon and it’s not debatable when there’s pretty much zero difference between them skill-wise. I am aware Gordon isn’t coming to the Rockets

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why would we want him?

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's young, he's long, he can shoot the three, he can block shots, and he loves analytics. There is no reason the Rockets wouldn't want him. Why would the Magic not want him? I doubt the Rockets land him.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was talking about a left hand dribble.

And yes he has a spin move buy what else to counter on a drive?

None of those things is especially skillful and Green has done all of that throughout his career and is still doing it after 10+ years.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What is this kid a 3rd stringer, going to get hyped up about trading a starter for a project who turned out to be a bust ? Get real.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

u brought up there’s a reason he’s sticking around so much...he was getting passed around the past 5 years (6 teams in 5 years)...Aaron Gordon could easily stick around a long time too when he gets older if he’s fine with going from team to team every year on minimum deals

I’ve been on subject saying nothing Green has shown depicts that he’s way more skilled than Gordon

1:20...another post up into a midrange fade, this time on Siakam

1:55...a side step three on Gasol

We’re gonna act like he can’t do something like a simple in and out and can’t finish with his left?

D-rock likes this.
  16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Man...that’s generous. He is better defensively but I would trust Green’s overall offensive over Gordon.

I’m down for Mamba, I would prefer to see if we can get Justise Winslow

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

We’re gonna act like Gordon can’t dribble with his left hand or make a move with his left?

nothing Green shows is so amazingly skillful either...u keep painting this picture of him outclassing Gordon skill-wise when it’s not the case...dude ain’t Paul George

D-rock likes this.
  18. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao 6 pages of discussion off a tweet with 500 followers and 5 retweets.

Come on.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't consider those things to be especially skillful.

Shaq had a fadeaway.

Anyway I'm out.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude is Paul George without the defense especially when he was younger.