1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

The Take (2016) -

[​IMG]

Plot: Pocket thief in France stole the wrong item get hunted by CIA agent Idris Elba. They work together to try to stop a bombing of a terrorist conspiracy.

A international action thriller. Idris is good. Action kind of meh. Buddy buddy action piece. Generic and formulaic. Some of the dialogue is pretty bad. OK movie it to pass the time and turn off brain.

Grade: C+

The Devil All the Time (2020) -

[​IMG]

Based off a book, a period piece southern Ohio in the 1960's. "Sinister characters converge around a young man devoted to protecting those he loves in a postwar backwoods town teeming with corruption and brutality."

The plot is heavy with dark themes. Acting is good in some scenes. Plot is a bit all over the place. Third act pick up and ties the different story lines together. May have to let go of logic and can go with the flow. I see audience either loving it or can't stand it. I'm more on the positive camp.

Some well known actors; Spidey (Tom holland), Winter solider (Sebastian Stan), and Twilight Bruce Wayne (Robert Pattinson). Holland was good as the lead. Pattinson over did his southern accent; looked like he wore front fake teeth.

Crime/drama/thriller - was a worth a watch.

Grade: B

B-Bob and CometsWin like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Idris movie ends with him rapping a song as the credits roll? It actually wasn't half turrible, the rap that is. The movie was entertaining, probably give it a 6.341583 out of 10.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Apparently he sidelines: his music alter ego is "DJ Big Dris", not sure why I know that, or why you needed to. But now you know.

B-Bob and CometsWin like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Yea, you noticed that too huh. It was turrible.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not a movie but a new movie experience.
    Alamo Drafthose rolls out nationwide program where patrons rent out an entire theater for themselves – along with their pandemic pod family and friends – for $150 (+ minimum $150 in food/beverages) after 'massively successful' test run

This is a great idea and could be a huge revenue boost to the Movie industry and movie theaters. I just wonder how they would calculate the box office ticket sales, maybe count per head attending, but it would still be a flat rate $150.

jiggyfly, STR8Thugg and I am a Donut like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

How do they determine what a "pandemic pod" is?

7. donkeypunch

They dont. Your group does. 100 seats could equal a 100 person pandemic pod.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I would do that in a heart beat. And knowing how I am at alamo, I'd spend $150 on beer and food myself... lol

B-Bob likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

Enola Holmes - Sherlock's sister trying to find her missing mother and solving a case for a young lord. An action mystery, with some humor. Enjoyable plot with some decent acting. Would recommend.

Grade A-

JunkyardDwg likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Right...so how many people do you trust?

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely worth a look. Delightful and fun. Millie Bobby Brown shines, far removed from her Stranger Things role. Give me more adventures of Sherlock Holmes' younger sister cause this was a blast!

jiggyfly and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Watched Enola Holmes. Found it pretty boring and was falling asleep for a lot of it. Acting wasn't bad but the plot line was just so eh. 6/10.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'd recommend this for a fans of Chastain. The story and movie really feel like one of those mindless Luc Besson late career films, it's cliched as hell but the cast makes it a lot more watchable than it really should be.

Don't expect much out of the story, you've seen it done multiple times, and you'll probably end up enjoying it.....

C+

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just watched "21 Bridges". I loved this movie. I didn't understand at all what it was about from the title going in. But, I knew Chadwick Boseman and Sienna Miller were in it so I wanted to watch it. It just turned out that Showtime has a freeview going on and I saw this on the schedule. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. While I was watching it, it really did hit me just what a talented actor Chadwick was and I cried a little knowing I (and we) won't get to see him grow further in his craft.

15. donkeypunch

My folks, my two dogs and their little fluffer

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe 15-20? Several more are in Houston. A couple likely think a mask is the work of the devil. I've known about this for a while. Been a "member" of the Alamo for years and get regular emails. Heck, one's less than 10 minutes from our house, if I'm in a hurry. I love the theatres, the concept, really groundbreaking when they first started doing it. The food can be very good and they have a nice selection of Texas beer and wine.

It irritates the hell out of me that I can't go to the movies. We're people who would go often. My father was a movie junkie and we went a couple of times a week when he was in town or not snowed under at the university. Usually a drive-in during the week for a double feature (my sister and I often falling asleep in the back seat during the main feature), and inside on the weekend. The local stand alone single screen, or one of the grand old vaudeville palaces downtown, with the original James Coney Island after. I caught whatever Dad had.

17. Buck Turgidson

The Outpost - very, very solid movie in the same vein as Black Hawk Down, 13 Hours, etc.... Recommended to me by a buddy who was in Afghanistan, apparently highly realistic wrt the battle itself and just life on base in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kamdesh

CometsWin, B-Bob and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not bad
    8/10

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The Last Word (2017) - Shirley MacLaine and Amanda Seyfried

Lonely, old, and dying, a rich woman hires a young woman to write her obituary before she passes. Problem is, the young woman can't find anyone with anything remotely nice to say about the old woman.

Critics trashed it, but I thought it was fun in a cutesy, feel good kind of way. 8.5/10

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I watched "Gemini Man" with Will Smith. I thought it was a decent action flick. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be going in (my thinking after seeing how poorly it did in theaters).

7.8 / 10

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.