1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

got a couple

2. Beezy

Beezy Member

Preordered the disc version on Walmart and Target. Best Buy site completely pooped the bed. Good to have a backup plan in case a retailer has to cancel orders for whatever reason.

Also, I just got this e-mail from Sony:

Your Exclusive Invitation to Pre-Order

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to be one of the first to pre-order a PS5™ Console!

Pre-Order Reservation Instructions:
    • Starting 10am PT, Friday 9/18 click below to enter the event

• This URL is unique to you and not meant to be shared with anyone else*

• When clicked, you will be placed in a waiting room

• When it’s your turn, you’ll get access to complete your PS5™ Console Pre-Order Reservation!**

Things to keep in mind:

• When accessing the site, you’ll be asked for your PSN ID log in and password. Have these handy

• Have your credit card details ready

• You may add additional items to your PS5™ Console pre-order reservation.

• Don’t forget those extra DualSense™ controllers or PS5™ games!

#382 Beezy, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Yung-T likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

BB ****ed me hard. Had the disk version instantly in my cart as soon as it switched over, 20 minutes before they even put the email out, and couldn’t checkout for 2 hours. Now it’s saying sold out. Can’t believe they **** the bed that bad.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

yeah what the hell was going on with best buy? good lord

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You guys really dont think there will be enough consoles to go around right before the holidays? Im planning on just walking into walmart or gamestop and picking up a xbox x.

Yung-T and ThatBoyNick like this.
  6. tmoney1101

If pre orders of the ps5 are any indication I’m not sure.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That doesn't make me feel good about trying to grab a RTX 3080 from them in the morning lol.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, you are not the S target market. In the US, the S will be the best-selling console of the next-gen consoles.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That is why Gamepass bundle with the console financing is genius.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

11. tmoney1101

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yea digital went oos around 10:55 and disc right at 11. Seems the discless version is a lot more limited. Hope you guys that wanted one were able to grab one since that was the last major retailer. Bots will probably take restocks

tmoney1101 likes this.
  13. opticon

opticon Member

Time will tell. Competition is great for everyone.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I could see Sony limiting the discless version, as that should be the most desired for that price point, to try to rid more of the disc version at a higher cost.

15. tmoney1101

Discless will end up costing more in the long run though. Plus the disk version + hard copys of games will have better resale value.

16. Beezy

Beezy Member

Sony would rather people get the discless version because they make more money on the digital store. They know the demand for the disc hardware is higher though.

Blatz likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS4 outsold the Xbox One comfortably in every major region of the world (including US) and overall PS4 has sold more than 2x units compared to Xbox One, why you are so sure about Series S outselling everything?

Sony has vastly extended that gap compared to PS3 vs 360, so it doesn't seem like MS has any momentum advantage at all.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

360 outsold the PS3 til the very end . Sony ended up with a 1 million unit lead. The only reason that happened is the PS3 was bundled with EVERYTHING (TVs, Toasters, etc..) because of its Bluray player.

The PS4 outsold because of the XBOX One because of MS launch blunders.

The GamePass/Live/Console bundle is a game changer. $25 or $35 for Gamepass/live/ console with no interest means you don’t have shell out $300 or $500 to get the console at start. People are price sensitive right now.
    It doesn’t matter isnt 4k natively, you get next gen at a cheaper price.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I mean Sony outsold Xbox every generation so far, so it's not just due to some blunders or accidents.

The brand is much stronger, especially outside of the US Sony totally sh**s on Xbox sales-wise.

It was closer with the 360 and I also had one, but most of my friends and me only bought the PS4 this gen, as it has far better exclusives and most of the game pass stuff is on pc anyway.

RedRedemption likes this.
  20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

If I had to guess, PS5 will probably outsell the Xbox Series platform, but honestly it doesn't really matter. Haha I guess it never mattered, even though it was fun to talk about in past generations (I know I loved it :)). But with the current business models available, I'm not even sure Sony or Microsoft really prioritize selling more consoles than the other. PlayStation could sell twice as many systems as Xbox, but Microsoft will be extremely happy to have 100M+ game pass subscriptions (or something like that). Xbox could sell twice as many systems as PlayStation, but Sony could be releasing multiple first party games a year that all generate $300M-$500M each, so I think they'll be happy with that. Like I said before, I think they're both generally doing the right things (at least so far), and I think they'll both end up pretty successful financially. No idea what that translates to in exact sales numbers, and none of this even includes talk about Nintendo devices. :)

Or Stadia. :p