1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House has left the NBA Bubble in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 11, 2020.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

riiiiight. they care so much about the safety that they let the other rockets players go out and play game 3 no problem

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

If the COVID testers are at that high of a risk, then they shouldn't be testing hundreds of players every day.

If safety was truly the issue, then the games should have been postponed since there is an incubation period and House had contact with his teammates.

Am I the only person in the world realizing these things???

AroundTheWorld and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

RIP House's Rockets career..... and his marriage? :(

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I can vouch for this. Sampson didn’t want him anywhere around the program when he started there.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

We don't know everything.
    First of all, they have time stamps for every time the hotel room door opens. They're sure to have videos up the wazoo too. So there are sure to be records of the visit.
    Then, they could have been doing other stuff in that room, smoking weed, who knows.
    Pretty sure, fair or not, the NBA has something very solid on House.

6. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

7. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

$100 we never get to see the evidence or hear anything more about it after this Saturday.
    I'm surprised House hasn't posted or tweeted anything about his innocence yet.
    I'm hoping he gets cleared because the NBA has been giving us the hose job for years

STR8Thugg and HTown_TMac like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't. I feel sorry for his wife, or gf or whatever she is. The one with all his young kids who now has to decide if she can ever trust him again. Honestly, somehow I doubt it. I mean, if he risked this crap in a bubble I would think his impulse control and respect for his wife is pretty low. Gee, there are guys who don't make a quarter of what he does stationed away from their families in the military who don't cheat on their wives, so don't give me that urge BS people.

#148 deb4rockets, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I haven't been following this comedy, but how does that work? Isn't Tyson married? "I'm going to try and win this here championship and risk my marriage and rep for it... #onemission"?

10. igotwhipscollectingdust

After having them quarantine and register negative tests. Why are rockets fans such victims? It’s embarrassing. You’re placing blame on everyone but House.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’m guessing that when they are giving COVID tests they are wearing full protective gear. Was she wearing protection when she was with House? I’m guessing no.

12. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Had his Rocket uniform on and everything lol

13. STR8Thugg

Why wasn't the entire team put in at least a week long quarantine, and why weren't the games postponed, ya know, if it's really about "safety"?

14. pass_to_Hakeem

He needs to be released as soon as he lands in Houston, IDC about “he’s young”. Not many people get the opportunity he got and for him to be so selfish and STUPID!! The Rockets need to part ways with him. He needs to learn “priorities”

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I've been tested for COVID. The testers are in full protective gear and are only near you for about 10-15 seconds. That's a different type of exposure than being in your hotel room for hours. How is the NBA supposed to know whether his guest maintained social distancing or kept the safety gear on? The testers are not living in the bubble full-time like the players and staff. That's why their exposure to them should be minimized.

I wouldn't have minded delaying the games for an incubation period for safety reasons, but the NBA clearly has economic reasons for wanting them to continue as scheduled. Also, even if the games were delayed would it be fair for House to participate in them when he violated the quarantine rules and caused the delay himself? Like if Lou Williams slipped out to a strip club again right now would the league delay the Clippers/Nuggets series just to let him play again? I don't think so. The league needs to discourage players from breaking the bubble.

16. STR8Thugg

Have you ever heard of an incubation period?

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

His wife is gonna be asking the same thing, unfortunately.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Dump this trash.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Everyone keeps asking about quarantine: maybe it wasn't a quarantine issue!!!

He got investigated because of virus protocols, but it doesn't say that was the violation. Who was the person? What were they doing? This doesn't have to be about the virus, you know.

20. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

If House was issued a mandatory 10 day quarantine from Tuesday morning 9/8 (when the women allegedly left the hotel) he would be eligible to play again on 9/18. This means that if the Rockets were to pull a miracle and win the series, House could have returned for game 2 of the Western Conference Finals. If the Rockets-Lakers series goes 7 games, the WCFs would start 9/17 at the earliest.