1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People really have a difficult time understanding the concept of mutual exclusivity.

Saying that Harden needs more help and Harden tends to get really passive and stand around during late game situations in the playoffs can happen at the same time. They aren't two dependent narratives that contradict one another.

Icehouse, hakeem94, JumpMan and 5 others like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

i'll come back to this thread if we lose tomorrow

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The bottom line is that James Harden is not that guy. He is great, his stats are great, his TS is great, his +/- is great, and he has great games. His advanced stats are great, he's the best player on the team. Everyone knows that, the Harden stans can stop posting about it. His averages are great.

But if you want to make a deep playoff run and win a championship, you are going to have to play in close games. You cannot get a ring by accepting that you will lose every close game, and only win the games where you're up double digits. There will be games that are tied with 5 minutes left, there will be games where you're up 5 with 2 minutes left, there will be games where you're down 1 with 15 seconds left, there will be overtime games. And there is no way that any rational rockets fan can believe that Harden is the guy you want in those situations. It's just not possible. If you think Harden is that dude you either don't watch the games or you're an idiot. I don't know how many times he has to show us who he is.

This team won't go anywhere unless we pair Harden with a player who is willing to defer to him 90% of the time, let him take his 30 shots, let him be the "best scorer in the NBA", but be ready to seize the moment and take over the high pressure situations. It's hard to find a player like that because most of the guys who thrive in those situations ALSO want to be the first option #1 player on a team. It's rare to find a player who would let James do what he does and then take over in the clutch. Chris Paul was that guy, that's why that 65 win team was so good. Jimmy Butler seems like he could have been that guy, we'll never know.

It doesn't matter if we win tomorrow. All three games that we've lost this series have been due to a total inability to perform in clutch situations. It's been a consistent theme throughout this entire era. And I hate that the player we added is possibly the only guy in the NBA that is even worse in those spots than Harden.

#2523 harold bingo, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Go watch the way OKC played Harden at the 2.5 minute mark when he tried to iso. I didn't love Harden not demanding the ball but at the same time OKC isn't going to guard Russ on the perimeter in late game situations. Russ penetrating to get the defense off balance is by far the best option. It was the key to our small ball offense when we were destroying the league.

On that first play in the video Russ has to be able to make that pass to PJ. If he does it's either a wide open 3 or the ball swinging to Harden with a scrambling defense. On the second play Harden should have fought harder to get free but I still think after the screen Russ is supposed to pass that to Harden and not take that jump shot.

This offense was built for Russ. Clint is gone because of Russ. Russ can't be trash like he was last night if we want to have any chance against the Lakers. Those sets should result in good looks. If they can't we might as well go home now.

HP3 likes this.
  6. TheSource

TheSource Member

I’m telling y’all right now James Harden has mentally checked out we’ve seen this in the past one crushing loss in the playoffs and he gives up I fully expect us to get blown out game 7

Jontro and Crashlanded19 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont have the stats but Russ was great in clutch situations in regular season games as a rocket according to my eye test

harold bingo likes this.
  8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

He was after the Clint trade. And that's because people were forced to guard him straight up. Russ should be unguardable 1v1 with the floor spacing the Rockets offer. If he can't win 1v1 and get to the basket or create a good look for a teammate this team stands no chance.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He was, but historically in the playoffs he has not been. Maybe small ball can unlock that for him if he gets healthy. We can only hope.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

I despise that I agree with CP3.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought Harden played really well last night. Yeah he looked gassed at the end, no doubt. Still, probably not the game to jump on him for. I think many here underestimated OKC. They're just as good as we are.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think he was good in the clutch here even before cc trade...but my memory deceives me sometimes ill give you that:D

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good thing for all the slanderers is that once we beat the Thunder you get another set of games to b**** and complain!

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

Wowww shots fired directly at you JH. This is exactly what myself and others have said on here.

This man played along side you JH and is calling you out now.

Your move, Beard. We’re all watching.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden is not Hakeem.

J.R., csc177 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We'll discuss it further after the final game.

One thing is for sure, Harden doesn't have to see CP3 for a while.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol CP3 should be smarter than that, do not poke the hibernating bear.

You kill it in its sleep.

hakeem94 and csc177 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Playoff games are slower in pace and it becomes a half court game.

Russ can still beat his man 1 on 1 but it's not a completely open lane.

19. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

I was hoping that by trading CP3 for someone James likes and respects, it would unlock a another side of him that we sorely needed. I thought it was chemistry that cost us the previous championships.

I thought westbrook would a step down from cp3 2018. A sidegrade from then current cp3. But an upgrade chemistry wise.

The math doesn't seem to be adding up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's weird, they should be complementing each other.

But both are too extreme.

One is extremely laid back to the extent of missing urgency while the other is totally wild and unpredictable, prolly caring too much and someone who can't control himself.

So Saith Red likes this.