1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Westbrook upgraded to questionable for Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 26, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I really don't want to see a play-it-safe version of Russ out there, chucking 3s because he doesn't want to test that quad with a hard drive to the rim.

Wait... hold on... this is Russell Westbrook we're talking about. I don't think I've ever seen him play it safe.

saleem, napalm06, Dacamel and 9 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am kind of worried we could see a bunch of turnaround bank shots off a post up or a lot of bad midrangers if he is indeed not actually ready to return but feels like he has to

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Just sit out man.....I know I've complained but we need you to sit. We arente winning anything if we can't beat these guys anyways.

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I agree he should sit if he isn't 100%. I'm not convinced Westbrook at 80% is a positive contributor on the basketball. His game is nearly entirely athleticism based. Without that violent explosion to the rim, his ability to score is super limited. Last thing we need is westbrick getting 20points on 25 shots.

HP3 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not play him just 5 to 10 minutes easing him in

6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

CF might honestly be the most pessimistic sports board in the history of all sports boards. Jesus. Do some of y'all ever smile?

Westbrook coming back is a great thing. Stop trying to twist your brain into it being anything else.

saleem, Dacamel, icewill36 and 4 others like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't know how I feel. I love Westbrooks fire when he has it going but I don't like his fire when he doesn't have it going lol. It's a crapshoot what we will get.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Honestly, you would think we were down 3-0 reading this board. I hated losing games 3 and 4 as much as anyone, but the series is tied 2-2. Westbrook may come back, and we have a great shot to win, with or without him. The sky is not falling.

The internet would have exploded if Clutchfans had existed in 1995.

HP3 and FrontRunner like this.
  9. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Exactly. We all wished and waited for CP3 to come back for game 7 of 2018, but we don't want a younger Russ back when we can use him. Even a limited role - 15 minutes, play him with EG when Harden sits. We need some help, after these last 2 games.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

just play him in the 4th quarter and call it a day.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This.

If it's close, let him test it while James sits in the 4th.

A00man likes this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah, if he can’t go 100 percent he probably shouldn’t be out there. If he has to settle for outside jump shots, God help us...

HP3 likes this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Pretty sure we would have been able to inbound the damn ball if we had Russ.

He might have gone 1/2 on the FT, but my goodness, any version of Russ is better than no Russ at all.

Fingers crossed he’s healthy enough to play!

Ziggy likes this.
  14. SPORTINPIXELS

SPORTINPIXELS Member

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

"BREAKING NEWS" followed with "Rockets may......."

Bruh....

SPORTINPIXELS likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Risking long term damage on one of your max players for some pre-season games?

[​IMG]

This team is not going all the way with or without WB. Needs retooling over the summer.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you ever seen a T-Wolves board or a Detroit Lions board?

Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I keep reading this. OKC is basically a 50 win team so they're a formidable opponent in any season

It's no secret that we have been cheap. Missing $40 M is a BFD

HP3 and mike2k132 like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Insert Westbrook and the Rockets sweep this series. They need him to play because Tilman isn't a patient guy. Paying a guy $40 million to sit while the Rockets lose in the playoffs may give ole' Tilman the itch to blow it all up, rather than just firing D'Antoni.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Meh fyi....russ is actually good at those shoots...the only time he wasnt was when he had hand and finger injuries....those kind of effects ones shooting. Lol.

So if u watched russ career. Those was his go to shoots....i welcome them when his hand aint ****ed up.

Nook likes this.