1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Republican National Convention 2020 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 18, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear Trump was spreading his lies again about Biden's plan, and twisting all the facts as usual. He's such a compulsive liar.

His son isn't any better. Just like Daddy. Hope they all get locked up one day like the rest of their felon friends.

Donald Trump Jr says Joe Biden is 'Loch Ness monster of the swamp'
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...h-ness-swamp-monster-rnc-speech-a9686591.html

The snake oil salesmen of politics. Living and breathing lies, corruption, greed, and narcissism. Their day will finally come, and it's gonna be fun to watch.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Maybe he's snorting hydroxychloroquine.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Republicans aren't gonna win an election again for a long long long time. They screwed that up by covering up for Trump as he recklessly and dangerously ignored science and medical experts and pushed the Maskless stance. Far too many Americans are dying and the GOP is still turning a blind eye. We won't forget the mess they've made of America for a long long time. Now we have to rebuild everything they broke.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

LOL

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Lol joke. She has an inferiority complex similar to Bobby Jindal

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

I expected day 1 on the RNC to have some weirdness but nothing like this. This was embarrassing for our country....... just REALLY REALLY BAD.

It was only one day, the coming days will likely be better but today was like a freak show... I was expecting Alex Jones to come crashing through the wall naked and painted red like the Koolade Man.

I feel bad for traditional reasonable Republicans...

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Lol does he have Ebola

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We will see the polls. Not sure how many potential swing voters this thing sways.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’ve never hated any woman more than I hate Nikki Haley. She’s pathetic. Trump should drag her around by her cooter while she proclaims to everyone that Trump is not a sexist pig. I despise the way she talks. She needs her mouth sewn shut because people who listen to her get stupider by the word. I can’t believe we had the likes of her representing us at the UN. Embarrassing!

ROCKSS and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Glad I missed the circus. The highlight posts say enough. Honestly, I can't sit and watch that family and their backers (looking for a Grift) spewing out a bunch of garbage and more lies.

ROCKSS and RayRay10 like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't watch the circus. Did Nikki give this speech last night?

Or did she say what she did in this clip?

#112 deb4rockets, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

so I watched this because of your endorsement

First, sounds good to me - I always see 2024 as a clean plate after 2020 with Biden leading us there. So let’s make sure trump get out of the way. He wanted a 3rd term and his disastrous lawlessness and chaos would make the impossible maybe possible.

A few things from his speech

1- cancel culture apply directly to Trump. He cancel a whole group of people that isn’t part of his base. He wanted to cancel Goodyear in an instant because of some reporting - so yea, how about we get rid of a president that cancel whatever he doesn’t like and choose one that said he would work hard for all Americans, including those that didn’t vote for him

2- his claim that Trump tax cut raise rev is misinformation based on selective bad faith interpretation of data. It decreased not increased. Reference: https://www.brookings.edu/policy202...cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/

3- he’s right, things aren’t worse today than 1860 or 1960 and we do have work to do ... h left our 4 years ago for good reason. Things are definitely worse today than 4 years ago, in economic, health, polarization, disregarding for traditional norm and decency, relationship with our allies, corruptions, ..

4- he mislead on taxes implying that trump tax cuts is for the poor and not for the rich while Biden tax proposal is the opposite... that’s borderline lying. Trump tax cuts largely benefit the rich at the expense of many middle income tax payers and a raising national debt while Biden proposal would mainly raise taxes on the top 1%, and does not raise it on “working families”

5- his mass incarceration of black claim is misleading in blaming Biden and crediting trump for “fixing” many of it. The 94 law didn’t help and did make it worse - the mass incarceration of black trend started decades earlier than 1994 and at the time, everyone wanted even tougher crime law. It passed with bipartisan support while many states pass even tougher 3-strike laws... the first act crime law trump signed in 08 was aimed at reducing fed prisoners while most blacks are incarcerated in state prisons, so no, it didn’t “fix” even the main issue.

with all that said, I do agree with him on some ideas (more school choice, let’s not cancel, works to do on crime and racial injustice, opportunity for poor folks...) and he seem like a decent guy... i certainly wouldn’t vote a rock over him like I would trump :)

#113 Amiga, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

nacho bidness and deb4rockets like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is old, but worth repeating.

His clan are hypocrites drinking far too much of his Kool-Aid.

Nook likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Don't you have some tax records and papers to shred for Daddy? Time is a ticking.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Deb has gone full NewRoxFan.

cml750, Wattafan and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian