1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Accurate way of stating it from @justtxyank. That's how I see it as well.

K mf G, francis 4 prez, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

She REALLY talks A LOT. I don’t need constant analysis.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I actually like Doris Burke as an announcer (sorry to all the misogynistic teenagers here). But she clearly does not like Harden. Her insistence that the Harden/Paul altercation was an offensive foul on Harden, even after Steve Javie said it was the correct call on Paul, was a bit much. It’s fine if she disagreed with the call (could have been a double foul, or a double flop) but she just would NOT drop it. Let it go. It was not that egregious of a play.

#223 Patience, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Astrodome, topfive, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

1. Don't put words in my mouth, I don't use words like that.
    2. I don't ENJOY defending Harden. He's my favorite player, but he has obvious flaws. It gets openly criticized every game, so it's obvious that I don't need to bring it up.
    3. I think the evidence is clear -- Doris favors CP over Harden, and it's worth criticizing Doris over. Her age, her ability to cover the NBA, the fact that she's a woman are all things you're shoving onto my screen to distract everyone else from highlighting her bias.

I'm simply holding Doris accountable because she is in the public domain. We do the exact same and criticize Charles Barkley, Shaq, Screaming A Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless, ALL THE SAME.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm going to eventually go through the whole game and count how many times she talked about Dort in the game. It's obviously a great many times.

seeingredtx likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1, She isn't attractive.

2, Got no attractive voice.

3, She is biased.

Says it all.

@Jontro

Would?

Jontro and seeingredtx like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hope she loses her career for being such a piece of ****. Seems obsessed with promoting anti-harden propaganda.

seeingredtx likes this.
  8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Hopefully she gives it to Dort better then she did her ex-husband apparently..I hate her.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Why does everyone care what she has to say?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not a fan at all at the misogynistic comments towards Burke in this thread.

Look, if you don't like how she does her job, just comment on her commentary. No need to be a dick.

11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Cause we are passionate fans that have always seen our H-town teams be consistently bad mouthed.

I care because I love the Rockets. And when you love something you defend it and hate who hate that something you love.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

I've done EXACTLY this, yet I'm still being criticized even with everyone else basically admitting Doris Burke is biased against Harden/Houston.

Apparently, I can't criticize her at all, because any criticism towards her means I am a misogynist.

seeingredtx likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I see a lot of posters on here take after the former Rockets team photographer.

Patience likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s unprofessional to be a national broadcaster and hate on a player that much.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Marissa Baecker?

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

That's a generalization I take clear offense to. Stop lumping everything into categories, everything is a spectrum.

17. durvasa

What makes you think I was referring to you?

Patience likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

You're missing the part where she raved about Chris Paul's competitiveness. She clearly expressed that she's looking forward to how OKC responds in this game in relation to CP's competitiveness. Nothing about Harden.

You're also missing the entire transcript I wrote up of Doris' reaction to Chris Paul's foul on Harden, about how she was questioning the officiating because it didn't go in Chris Paul's favor.

This was NOT well-balanced. The only excuse I can give her is that this was technically an OKC home game, and this is a stupid excuse.

seeingredtx likes this.
  19. durvasa

Not sure how what I said misses any of that. Which statement of mine are you disputing?

This was a response game for OKC, as they are the ones down 0-2. You are speaking from the perspective of a Rockets fan who is specifically interested in how the Rockets respond. That might be the storyline for a local broadcast, but not for a national TV audience.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

You're clearly not referring to me -- that's also not what I indicated.

I said stop lumping everyone into that misogynist, racist, bigot, homophobe category, there's plenty of people here who are rightly criticizing her including CF.