1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawksquawk insider saying Rockets after Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 4, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

No worries. The 3s that Baynes will take in the Rockets uniform will make up for it :) again just me throwing **** against the wall lol

D-rock likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's probably the right expectation given that it's never a good sign for us whenever all of these leaks get to the media.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So according to most. We are giving up a young big who plays a vital roll on our team for essentially crap?

jacoby likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

crap.....and ducking the tax

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t get all the excitement about Bridges...most likely outcome is that he comes here, plays decent defense, and shoots bricks.

other teams young players really get exalted on here like crazy

Bridges is who can take this team to another level after losing Capela? Nah, I don’t think so.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

HOU: Theiss, Bridges
    PHO: Langford, Wanamaker, Houston 1st
    BOS: Capela

Salaries work

Saves Tilman money so that's what matters most.

I have no idea why Phoenix would do this.

D-rock likes this.
  7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

We are really, really desperate for an adequate wing lol. I think his defensive potential is what has fans excited.

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like Baynes, but let's not pretend he's a sniper out there, either. Dangerous enough to space the floor, though.

I really like Nemanja Bjelica. In fact, my proposal, posted yesterday:

Houston trades: Capela, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Nene, Sefolosha
    Houston receives: Covington, Bjelica, Holmes

Kings trade: Bjelica, Holmes, Dedmon
    Kings receive: Capela, Sefolosha

TWolves trade: Covington
    TWolves receive: Dedmon, Nene, 1st round pick (HOU), 2nd round pick (HOU)

I'd be willing to add House to the Kings.

But it sounds like it won't be enough for TWolves, or probably not Kings either - that's two of their starters.

BaselineFade and steddinotayto like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

For Capela tho?

2nd year player with a suspect jumper could be a liability come playoff time

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

yo not only there’s a trade thread but there’s also a rumors thread.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shot 44% from 3 in his last year in College, and is currently nailing 80% of his free throws.

Could be a Lowry situation.

It would be classic Daryl Morey.

12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It has been many years since I felt we were doing roster mistakes. Like you can agree or disagree, but mistakes, a long time ago. And now we are going for 2 in a row.

Are not we overrating Covington? I mean, is he the guy that is going to tilt the west? How? is he shutting down Lebron or Kawhi? Defending the Brow on the post.

After all these games, do you really feel there is 1 guy that can solve us as a team?

13. bmd

bmd Member

Maybe, but it’s a risk and I don’t think the Rockets should be taking risks at this point when they have such little room for error at this stage with little flexibility and assets to work with.

RudyTBag and BaselineFade like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is a good deal for me too, and fair for all the teams in terms of assets, the problem is Minnesota is already trying to dump bad contracts (Wiggins/Dieng) and is close to the tax i think, and this trade might put them over the edge for taking a guy like Dedmon that they might not be able to trade to a third team later so, i don't know...

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

This.

Give me Capela over Covington any day. Capela is locked into a nice contract and Covington is due for a payday in two years. Clint may not be a star but he has shown that he can hang with the likes of Towns, Gobert, and Embiid, and people seem to forget that stretch of games where he was pulling down 20 rebounds EVERY GAME. He's our only young, blue-chip player on the roster and we're looking to trade him for... Daniel Theis, Alex Len?

I sometimes feel like I'm in the twilight zone. He was once getting offered for Jimmy Butler and even THEN I didn't want Houston to do it. It'd be nice if we had other assets to trade so we can upgrade the team AROUND Clint. But alas, our tyrant owner forced Morey to trade all of our picks for Westbrook and to shed salary. There is no move this team can make that will make them better than either LA team or Milwaukee, so I'd rather hang on to the only young player with value that we have. Sorry.

clutchdabear, D-rock, fryjol7 and 2 others like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

We shouldn't take risks but we're about to trade our starting center and picks for a starting 3 and and a 6'8 center or Len...

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Mikal Bridges .... a .327% shooter from 3. Sub .300 for this season.

Yeah .... not buying it

18. ch44

ch44 Member

This isn't true

clutchdabear, treyk3, D-rock and 13 others like this.
  19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

what about Oubre?

20. bmd

bmd Member

But they would be acquiring an asset in a trade for Covington, for example. He’s a proven player in the league and has value just like Capela.

When I say risk, I’m talking about taking a chance on an unproven player hoping he develops.