1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs to trade for Josh Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Sep 29, 2019.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I had no faith in Chriss because we were dumping Ryno and... Jackson, Chriss, and a TON of others are a great example of a ten cent head that could get by in college on athleticism. Give me Pat Beverly and PJ Tucker all day long. Character assessment of players actually matters a hell of a lot. If this player stays healthy and has talent they might play 10 or more years for your club. You want to be sure the investment of a precious roster spot is not wasted on someone like this that could infect the rest of your bench. Most players that have any value are not the top 25 that burst onto the scene as a star. That means they are going to be in for a long journey that requires them to change drastically and go through a lot of professional hardship irregardless of personal problems. You have to know at the outset what kind of individual is worth investing your valuable time.

Somebody picked somebody #1. That just makes them dumb. It doesn't offer any proof of their real value. There is a reason Phoenix sucks. At the time they had Booker and... They needed all the help they could get and they drafted crap. Donovan Mitchell, De'Aaron Fox, Markannen, Dennis Smith, Jr. were all available including others. If you suck that bad you should be investing all of your time into getting to know all of the players before the draft inside and out because no star is signing with you. When you tank that bad you really cannot afford to miss every time. We can go down the line for years of their crappy picks even after swindling the Lakers with Nash. Now they have Booker, Ayton, and...

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

hmmmmm.... idk, man.... this trade idea seems kinda... idk... random....

lol... sorry, man... couldnt resist... lol

Nook, topfive, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

no...can’t shoot, and has low BBIQ...he was supposed to have all this defensive upside, but he makes no mark on that end

he’s looking like yet another PHX bust carrying on the lineage of scrubs like Chriss and Bender

we’re trying to win a championship...a young scrub wing that can’t shoot will never get any PT, especially under MDA and with the system we run...he will do no developing here

if he’s out of the league 2 or 3 years from now it should surprise absolutely no one

nah, I’m good on this scrub...just because he’s young and was a high lottery pick doesn’t mean we should waste time on him

YOLO likes this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

What we need is Canadian league MVP Royce "BeWell" White and Chinese league All-star DMO. Repair the bridges Morey!

D-rock likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Looks like you got a little beat up, d-rock. I understand the thought process and if we could steal them BOTH then yes. It’s not like Jackson is locked into a long contract if he doesn’t work out. Getting Bruno back is worth the possible short term baggage. Bruno just out played the NBA MVP in FIBA. It’s been 4 years now, he is ready.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Pete the Cheat

is noone going to mention the baby mama is 19 years older than he is...yikes

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mda is on thin ice right now, and mda is fighting for career at the last stop before retirement.

Mda learned from shumpert and far"weed", and there is no time to waste on Frank 'action' Jackson!

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

The guy has (had?) a ton of talent, but his head is just not right...too many problems off the court. I can see him being a guy who's going to be released and probably jump from a g-league team to another until he's kinda old and gets his **** together, or at worst until he gets caught and banned for drugs or other stuff.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't know that the baby mama had such a background. Then again, why is he having kids with someone like that? If she in fact is really abusive, I would assume Jackson witnessed some it. I'll rescind the awful human, but I'm still not a fan of him on or off the court.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would agree if Josh Jackson were good at basketball. Sadly, he is not.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Jackson hasn't shown any strengths while in the NBA. He's always been a subpar shooter, but even his finishing and defense are lacking on this level. Like Marquese Chriss he's a great athlete but with zero skills or bball IQ to build on. I was actually rooting for him but he's hopeless.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#33 Ottomaton, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm for trading for anyone basically if the price is right...the price for Josh Jackson is like a 2023 2nd round protected pick, so sure.

D-rock likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Didn't need Josh Jackson. Didn't really need thebo. Thebo might get cut before ryan Anderson after-all. LOL

16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

This would be a interesting look. I wouldn't be mad at a move like this. We need a Siakim type player. I would do all my due diligence though and see if he is actually trying to do better. Keep him under the watchful eye of John Lucas and put some solid vets around him. If i'm Morey the only way I take him is in a package deal with Iggy.;)

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would take him off Grizz hands for 2nd and Bruno.

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

F that dude

withmustard likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He has low iq on the court

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets are incapable of paying any realistic amount of price for Jackson cause he makes $7mil and the Rockets can't even aggregate that much without including someone much better than Jackson.

Nook likes this.