1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blatant Trash Calls Buried Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lawlruschang, May 6, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Perfectly described the situation!

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

While true, they feed off your best player. If the league mandate calls for specialized officiating for Harden - that feeding off your star will not materialize. These refs are momentum killers. You work soo fukn hard to get it to within 3 and like clockwork- the questionable calls resurface.

To not acknowledge this is asinine.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

NBA refereeing is generally outstanding. We simply ignore all the tough calls they get right.

Having said that: Some of the calls in this game ... OMG. My jaw hit the floor when they took away the opening fast break because Bev crossed the path of a defender who was never going to get there anyway. I could hardly think about anything else for the next 5 minutes.

Also the play where Ginobili got fouled, never even had his hands above his waist, and lobbied the refs into giving him two shots: dumbfounding. I can't even remember which game that was.

But the bottom line is: We don't control the refs. And we drive ourselves nuts b****ing about all the terrible calls against us, while ignoring all the calls that go our way. (Just look at the number of points scored by Harden and Lou Williams from screening to defenders into them so they can jack 3's and go to the line.) So let go of it, control what we can control, and don't let the games be close enough to be swayed by a call or two.

4. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Why do you consider these to be "calls that go our way"? The fact that the same call has been called all year long means that it has obviously been ruled a foul by the officials and the NBA. I even agree that it is probably a move that should be stopped with a rule change (like the rip through) but it is a perfectly legal and valid move right now that is absolutely a shooting foul. Do we really consider fouls that are actually called to be "calls that go our way"?

5. TheresTheDagger

I respect the idea that this is what the Rockets must do to mitigate the problem officiating is causing.

But as a fan, I feel the NBA has for years now paid lip service to the quality of officiating while taking token steps that appear to address the problem. In reality, we see and know nothing about disciplinary actions against officials. I find this quite odd considering how transparent the NBA is with regards to the way they discipline players, coaches, and even owners.

While the Donaghy situation and the Kings/Lakers series in 2002 gave some momentum towards transparency, that has now been all but forgotten...and the NBA continues on its merry way cashing big checks while its product is the closest major "legitimate" sport that resembles WWE.

Officiating will always be an issue in sports, but lets be honest. MLB, NHL, and NFL don't have nearly the problems. I'm tired of looking the other way and pretending its just part of the game in the NBA. It's more than that...and deep down, we all know it. And I'm done looking the other way and accepting pathetic excuses.

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Will you are missing the point here, those 3s james and lou get are actual fouls. They are not baiting officials or flopping they are just exploiting the nba rulebook in an efficient way.

The calls that were happening yesterday were outrageously horrendous, and very obvious to whom they were favoring.
    1. Bevs offensive foul on a clear dunk to start the game
    2.Ginobli getting 2 free throws on a non shooting foul
    3.Mills getting 3 fts on a non shooting foul
    4.Kawahi reach in on harden resulting in a T (killed our chance) They think kawahi is superman that he cant foul ffs
    5.Kawahi charge on Ariza ( so blatant and not called)
    6.Mills blocked by bev but foul called

When you say things balance themselves you are just buying into the NBA bullshit. For example like yestedray they give harden the fts on gasols clear block.....guess what it doesent matter when your down 13 so they "even it out".

Every call they made against us was crucial and detriment to the runs we were making, its ****ing bullshit and obvious. I didnt even mentions the aldridge to swipes on nene and gasols game long screaming, flopping, hacking. So disappointed Dantoni didnt put this ****in league on blast with that **** show

7. MystikArkitect

I like how we can consistently as fans say "oh that was a total make up call" and not once question how messed up it is that we can honestly say that.

I feel like the refs will favor the Rockets tomorrow and then just call the games right from there on out. Wondering if the Rockets were better served winning by a smaller margin in the 1st game.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the officiating in the thunder series was bad, its gotten worse each game, i guess the the refs and adam silver thought the spurs could run with us in game 1 and refs were pretty non-exsistant that game, i think harden may have shot 5 ft's that entire game. but since that game, they have been controlling the pace of the game

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That **** hurted. Never seen such bullshit calls against any playoff team. Why officiate the game so different from the regular season. Kobe won 5 championships running into centers standing still with their hands directly up but when Harden attacks he gets mauled by Pau leaning forward moving and **** and there's not a whistle blown.

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

While I do agree that rather crappy officiating stopped every burst of momentum we ever started... the Spurs had an answer for every run we attempted as well, and with how badly we were shooting (on a lot open shots), we were not going to win this one.

Also, pace. WTF are our guys thinking walking it up the floor like the OKC series? That kind've waste of time not only feeds into the Spurs hands defensively, but doesn't allow us to wear those old legs down.

Lastly, size... our hustle has been setback by the Aldridge/Gasol combo of tips/putbacks/offensive rebounds. Its infuriating, but we have to stop losing our energy that allows this bs to happen constantly. I think our best bet of winning is moving the ball quickly up the floor and going from there. Energy is the key to having a chance against San Antonio, and if we do not bring it then they will just lull us to sleep.

It is amazing to me the light foul calls that Kawhi gets, but I bet if Harden were to actually go for a shot when penetrating instead of "hands up" looking for the whistle then it would be more likely to be called.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, these refs just got it for Houston. My favorite calls are these...

Lmao.. won't even say nothing.

Kawhi, man of no fouls.

Foul on Harden... lmao

Travel, but it's Kawhi.. won't be called

Lmao... just unbelievable this is called a shooting foul.

12. j3i

j3i Member

I knew they weren't going to call anything on him all game when he literally plows over Ariza. Pisses me off that Harden can get an offensive foul by touching someones head while Kawhi shoulder checks a defender to the ground and all of a sudden it's 'play on'

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I CAN'T GO TO A GAME. i SWEAR I WOULD GO TO JAIL AND SERVE TIME FOR WHAT I WOULD DO TO ONE OF THESE REFS. I MEAN, WOULDN'T KILL ONE OR ANYTHING, BUT I WOULD RUN ON THE COURT AND BIATCH CHOKE ONE JUST TO SEND A MESSAGE, AND DO MY LITTLE TIME IN JAIL AS WELL AS BE BARRED FROM ANY NBA GAMES FOR LIFE.

THEN I WOULD COME BACK HERE AND ENJOY MY TIME ON CLUTCHFANS WHILE WATCHING THE GAMES KNOWING I MADE A DIFFERENCE TO YOU ALL! :D

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

tell that to the 8 million people who live in the greater Houston with nothing better to do with their money. these are the same idiots who go to Louisiana and blow their savings in one night

#74 Brown Lost It, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

that's not even a quarter of it. I could make a video of all the bad calls in the game and let you guys judge, but what would it accomplish seriously? also the nba would take that **** down in about five minutes

Emanuele Braghetti and slothy420 like this.
  16. BigTex

BigTex Member

Marc Davis was voted 3rd worst ref by an anonymous LA Times poll of a few dozen players, coaches, assistants.
    He made the emphatic Harden Gasol 3pt foul. I remember thinking he was the worst while I was watching the game.
    Scott Foster #1. Lauren Holtkamp #2. Marc Davis #3

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly. . . . even if it is called 'fairly' (which it has not been) . . you can still call it in such a way that favors one team
    If you have the best mid range games. . . not call fouls on the parameter or in the lane (which houston is best at)
    favors the mid range . ..

I hate that they don't show the replays. . . . like they hiding ****

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and Refs know what these points are
    If us as fans know . . .REFS KNow

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hard to do when . . .you get the game close enough to take the lead. . . then the calls take it and the momentum away from you
    It is not one or two calls. . . its like every time we find a rhythm . . .there is a call
    We look like we going to take the lead. . .here comes a call
    If we got the lead and look to be pulling away . . . here comes a call

but most important imo . . .even worse than the shitty calls . .. ARE THE SHITTY NON CALLS
    Where our players are losing to the spurs such as:
    1. Offensive Rebounds - If I see gasol tap the ball away from our player while laying on his back one more time I will scream
    ---- easy to win the rebound war when one side can come over the back and foul mercilessly. . . Capela cannot lift himself and Gasol to get the rebound
    2. Easy to miss layup when you getting hacked to hell . .. since you not getting the call you don't drive as much - they everyone just says you are not aggressive. . . if you cannot get the call . . . what's the point .. just more missed shots in the paint

The Refs have been a third team on the floor and they have chosen their ally

Rocket River

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

it is like. . .legit call we get is .. US BEING FAVORED
    but Bad call against us . . . is well . . the same thing . . . no it is not

Rocket River