1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Leslie Alexander deserve an apology in terms of the D'Antoni hire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Does Leslie Alexander deserve an apology in terms of the D'Antoni hire?

1. Yes-Les was right in wanting Mike.

38.4%
  2. No-We should've signed JVG, Vogel, etc...

10.3%
  3. Not sure yet-Still too early

51.4%
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm pretty sure he does, he was practically the only one wanted MDA, even Morey wanted a defensive/analytics coach lol.

Props to Harden for keeping an open mind and not pouting, everyone was saying the Rox was a joke for getting MDA but Harden doubles up and signs an extension instead.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Wont know till the playoffs. Another first round exit cant be deemed an improvement.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sauces confirmed Le$ hired Mike Anthony. Very good move

Le$ is a smart man. He saw Maury hire useless coaches like Kevin McFail and BJ Brewerstaff and Uncle L had to step in.

5. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

It looks good so far, better than i thought. But have to say some of that is helped by us getting Ryan and Eric.

Torn n Frayed and KDavis like this.
  6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

defense is still bottom 10. still refuse to shoot mid range. overplaying starters, underplaying bench. keep chucking threes when down big instead of playing the fkn game.

mda's been better than expected overall, but he can do better

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was opposed to the hiring as far as winning was concerned, but I was for it as far as entertainment was concerned. So far, both are holding out. But it's early so I won't apologize yet.

8. thiefery

thiefery Member

And Bazemore gets thanks for spurning HOU offer and returning to the Hawks. He hasn't been playing as well as the $$$$$ he signed for. Meanwhile Anderson has been more of a surprise. We all knew he was a sharpshooter but he actually can drive in the lanes time to time.

However what really stuck out so far is his post game and rebounding. He's that perfect vet that a team needs;

Ive always been high on Gordon, just hoping he can actually stay on the court and out of the training rooms

Richie_Rich, DonKnock and radcan61 like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When this team is in the NBA finals - sure.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, that's the reassuring thing - if this team was 13-7 playing lights out D then I would be thinking that's their ceiling. But they still suck on D and are that record. Imagine if they could actually stop people at the rim...

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

LMAO

13. toycannon

toycannon Member

MDA is better than McFail and the last guy...hands down!!!

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yeah they're a lot better than i expected but still have a lot o fwork to do. i have my own theory as to how mda ran the team in the tough oct-nov stretch and will be making adjustments now that the schedule is easier. if im wrong then this team wont be a contender.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I hope I owe him an apology. I was pretty pissed when he was hired. Now I'm optimistic. I don't think MDA is a good coach but I think he might be a good coach for Harden. At the end of the day, I think MDA needs exceptionally talented and unselfish players for his system to work. Nash and Harden are that type and Melo and Kobe definitely are not that type.

Remlap likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

hehe, I like it.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's a great start to the season, but the jury's still out until we can evaluate his and the team's performance over an entire year. There are many factors involved in the Rockets' surprising 13-7 record including Anderson and Gordon's 3-point shooting, the solid play from Capela, Dekker, and Harrell, and Harden having another MVP-caliber year.

But so far, the D'Antoni hire and the Anderson and Gordon signings all look solid.

thiefery likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I still think we should've go with a defensive minded coach (and MDA as an assistant), but there's no doubt that MDA has always been a better coach than McHale so yeah, still an improvement. I'm not sure we're playing better than two season ago though (defensively not for sure), i just think we have a better roster on the court, and i'm not even sure we'll have a better record than 56-26 but well, we'll see that.

thiefery likes this.
  19. thiefery

thiefery Member

Don't understand why people think MDA isn't a good coach for. I may not agree with his thinking/style of play at times but that doesn't take away that he's one hell of a coach.

He arrived and put the ball and pressure on his star here. Also has placed players around to complement that star. I forgive his LAL stint cause he had a team that was a headcase. Kobe and Dwight, enough said. Guy that could have made it work was Nash but he was DOA.

It's refreshing to see a coach who can actually utilize out of bounds plays, something the previous regime sorely lacked.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He owes US an apology for the McHale hire and the extension, and the firing.

As for MDA, it remains to be seen. If a player needs at least a season to prove himself, a coach needs at least three.

RCPM likes this.