1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets will match on DMo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

sounds great even if dmo is not moving well and playing up to standard we can just waive him

2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is the definition of "team friendly"?

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Harden bev ennis
    Gordon KJ brewer
    Ariza Dekker
    Anderson DMo wiltjer
    Capela nene Harrell China

That's a solid roster if you can find enough matchups and minutes to keep all happy. I think one of the biggest shortcomings last year was not unlocking the bench. Nene not playing back to backs should open up some minutes...hell Harrell might be putting in a claim for those minutes anyway.

I'm in the fence....I was leaning pass initially but setup like this....I say match. Cut brown. Roll with your 15 best players.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could have sworn that Mike said that he looks at Dekker as an athletic PF.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I saw a quote where MDA said he wants Dekker to initiate the offense and have Harden play off the ball.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

8 Man Playoff Rotation

Harden / Gordon
    Beverley / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    Anderson / DMo
    Capela / DMo

With Harrell and Nene sprinkled into the frontcourt. Feels like we could use one more reliable backcourt option.

Deuce and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. Lightsnowaction

How far do you think these 15 guys can go in the is year's playoffs?
    How far do you thinknthe current team can go in the playoffs?

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

CHAMPIONSHIP
    NOT CHAMPIONSHIP

Lol idk why?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Check his LinkedIn

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, imagine you have a group of Rockets buddies who like to hang out in your Man Cave drinking beer, playing poker, pool and video games and watching Rockets games. You guys are a Team, right?

But no girlfriends allowed in this man cave, because they ruin the chemistry of the Team on Game Night. And sometimes the host has to go back upstairs to return to the wifey because y'all are getting too loud during the GSW 2OT games ... and we call that "Taking one for the team."

But then one day, 00Rocketgirl and KlutchQT find out about the man cave and crash it, sporting their Rockets gear and providing offerings of beer and pizza to gain entry into the cave.

You guys accept them and invite them down, because they are "Team Friendly"

Richie_Rich and yixiixiy like this.
  11. Lightsnowaction

Been very fatigued with the word "flexability" with Morey and not going all in with a team. With that said, I want Harden to get a ring.

12. thiefery

thiefery Member

Think they would just roll with Brewer at the 2 coming off the bench if Bev struggles or is in foul trouble.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nothing against OP, but when's the last time a sauces thread (not from Cyber/Cod) came through? Don't want to give my hopes up.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing OP. Hope we do match.

malakas, DudeWah and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What would the potential hold-up to matching ?

If we were going to match dmo we would have to do several things.
    1. physical
    2. meet with coach/ team leaders/ dmo to evaluate chemistry impact
    3. evaluate contract and do the full cost-benefit analysis given 1&2.

So why havent we decided yet ? I can understand not matching ASAP as the physical and team meeting would have to happen; but the team is back in town and surely the numbers have been run to the fullest extent.

A possible scenario is trying to get some value for the player we would have to cut to open up his spot.... BUT, the value of ennis, wiltjer, and brown are marginal at best and teams would have leverage knowing that if we want DMO we would drop that player regardless.

Also if this is the case then wouldnt we hear some reports of the rockets shopping those players.

ON the other-hand. IF we arent matching then just letting the qualifying offer expire may be a dick thing to do to the NETS, but it doesnt effect us at all.

TLDR. I have a feeling that the longer we go without an announcement about matching then the more likely it is we dont match. If there isnt an announcement by tonight or mid morning manana then my gut says we arent matching.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

From my seats, these threads from little knowns citing rare or uncommon sources from have a higher probability of happening.

The older the login date is always better. But there used to be a time, absolute newbies were the ones with the news. But most all lurkers like that back then and registered by now.

#115 heypartner, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

There was the Dekker back surgery thing.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hope its true. if he can add something to the rotation it would be a win, if not they can waive him and owe nothing.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Potential hold up might be that they are looking to possibly move a player and see if they can get a pick or future consideration for one, and keep Witljer.

I suspect, that B. Brown and Harden being buds earns him that 15th spot, and since Dmo is a big, Wiltjer is the odd man out.

So maybe they are trying to move Ennis, KJ or Brewer? (Please be Brewer, please be Brewer).

DD

craguin likes this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would call you out on this and demand proof, but unfortunately MDA is on record as having said it. So I would look the fool.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - there is no physical on the match, you can't VOID the match.

The Rockets already gave him one, he passed, the Nets gave him one he passed.

DD