1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

The only and only pro (besides age) about Whiteside over Dwight on this team is at least the guy knows what he's on the court for. Defense and rebounding ONLY. No offense will be ran through him.

Jeez.. At this point I don't know if that is a good or bad thing considering Harden will still be the same player regardless of Dwight or Whiteside

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't know if you have ever watched Whiteside play. He is more of a blackhole than Dwight. He is terrible at help defense. He puts up nice stats but is a net negative. To top it off, he already is a diva and this is before he is maxed. We also could offer him the same contract next year without trading for him. He has 0 value in a trade. Dragic's contract is bloated. I don't do this trade without Winslow.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ol Bill Worrell

lol this is precisely what I'm talking about. You actually think just because someones at the games and has media credentials that they know what Daryl Morey is doing via secured line or meeting with other NBA executives? Let alone the proposed trade he tweeted makes absolutely no sense for any team.

1 person likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Take for granted that Dragic will exercise his player option.
    His contract is 14,7- 15,897 - 17 - 18,1 - 19.

Apart from the last two or one year is a good contract. The problem is that not for the Rockets. He doesn't fit great next to Harden and the chances are he will not perform that well.

For another team like for example..Utah that would be a great opportunity to get Dragic. Or Orlando (since they don't like Payton anyway).

5. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I never said he was good I'm just saying he knows his role. He doesnt command the ball or plays in offense.
    Dwight knew his defensive roll but always wanted to be a focal point on offense.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not gonna happen and would be horrible and desperate!

7. hakeemthagreat

Whiteside is 26. Put him with Hakeem and he could be DANGEROUS. He's already more fluid than Dwight on offense

8. malakas

malakas Member

Mclemore wants to get traded. What would you give up for him?
    I would offer Jones.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He is outspoken about wanting to post up, he wants to be a post threat just like Dwight wants to. Dwight has earned the right to ask for that, Whiteside hasn't had a full season of meaningful ball yet.

nothing. He's bad. I'd use Jones as an attempt to get Meyers from PDX.

Hakeem has done SOOO much for all of the players who learn from him. Maybe LeBron and Kobe have benefited. His value as a teacher is overstated as great as he was as a player. Only guards can do the moves he did.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya, no chance he has access to inside information....

seriously????

11. Ol Bill Worrell

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699305989779030016

Quite a bit of backtracking.

12. Ol Bill Worrell

Tell me how he knows who Daryl Morey is talking to right now without Daryl Morey telling him.

13. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

14. malakas

malakas Member

that's why I would offer only Jones. :p He's an ok shooter anyway.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

16. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Whiteside has nothing over Dwight. He is a head case too. Don't want.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Funny, because I've read many fans from both Atlanta and especially Miami who say they like it. Look, you may not think it makes sense, and that's your prerogative. But it's absurdly arrogant to suggest that because something doesn't make sense to you, it means the entire thing is bogus and the person is full of ****.

Legitimate trade rumors leak all the time, many times because executives or agents involved in the process have an agenda they want to push. When that happens, they communicate confidentially with reporters they trust to accurately tell their story. Credentialed media members who do their job well (and Adam certainly does) are able to build relationships within the organization and the league, which puts them in position to report these things on occasion. This is how the league works.

18. Nook

Nook Member

It is 3 more years with a player option for a 29 year old with low mileage.

Whenever you sign a player long term, you are risking them getting hurt or losing skill.

16/17/18/*19

Above is the contract terms for Dragic with the cap set to increase greatly next year and then again the year after.

Jeff Teague is is two years younger, and is signed at only $8,000,000 next season, but then he will be a free agent and is very likely to get terms above what Dragic got.

Really it comes down to whether you believe Miami will move him, and whether the Rockets believe his game will rebound like the last few seasons on the Rockets.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh my ****ing goodness. THIS IS A BASKETBALL FORUM. This isn't freaking Wallstreet.

You're getting your panties in a wad about trade RUMORS. You read that?

RUMOR: "currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

People need to stop trying to make this **** more than it is!

1 person likes this.
  20. Ol Bill Worrell

I 100 percent agree that's how these situations work.

Now on the other side of the coin. How many "sources" and "media members" literally make up stories for hits or clicks? Especially media members who are trying to become more recognized. A lot.

You're right it's not out of the question that Pat Riley or Daryl Morey called up Adam Spolane to tell them about a deal they are talking about.

Meanwhile the most trusted NBA source (Woj) simply stated that executives are just now starting to meet and talk about trades. Didn't mention any names or teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.