1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trail Blazers: Are you just gonna ignore Lillard as the MVP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook winning the MVP last year is a wild-card, and sets a precedent for all future MVP awards. Now, if you have great stats, you don't need to be on one of the teams with the best record to win the MVP.

That said, Lillard won't win it over Harden, because his stats just simply aren't better. But if Lillard had crazy, off-the-charts numbers, it'd be closer than you think. And that's not fair to Harden. At all.

That's why people are legitimizing AD as a threat to win MVP. Eye-popping numbers, a surging team and a sad story that follows (Cousins' achilles).

If Lillard wasn't on the team, or missed games like Nurkic did, I'm sure POR would significantly worse, even if they had a healthy Nurkic. McCollum can't take over a game like Lillard can. And I thought Nurkic was going to make a jump this year, like Jokic, but maybe next year.

2. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

I'll say it one more time, Lillard is fantastic and should be considered for one of the runner up mvp slots. He's stepped his game up and has his team playing better than it has since Aldridge left. Us dirty Blazers fans are just trying to enjoy our run.

With that said, if Harden doesn't get mvp this season, it would be the ultimate travesty. I wish you guys the best unless you are playing Portland. And, I hope we can help you guys out again by beating Golden State in a couple of days.

Cheers guys.

T-2, BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

The broest and friendliest non rockets fan clutchfans poster lol

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They're in the mix to get Melo this offseason

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

He is underrated....and his terrible defense is even more underrated

7. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Hahaha. In retrospect, I'm pretty happy that Melo didn't want to go to Portland.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cotton mouth...

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  9. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Current MVP Standings
    1.Harden

2.Who
    3.Gives
    4.A
    5.****