1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cop arrest another cop at gun point.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Nov 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Htown's2kFinest

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nLVFZHiCdw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for going over 120 :eek:

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

That is messed up. The trooper is a hoe bag. Hope Miami Police get her if she is ever in their jurisdiction. First of all the other guy was in a freaking police car. Its called professional courtesy.

3. brooksstephens

So you wouldn't mind one bit if your local law enforcement was using it's badge as an excuse to break the law for their own personal gain? This isn't just a petty crime either, every person on that road was immediately at-risk of dying if a collision were to happen. Professional courtesy?? Are you serious?

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Car was going 120 mph without the siren on. I think she thought it might have been stolen.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is no "professional courtesy" for speeding over 120mph while off the clock. Police cars are not private toys, they are tax payer tools that shouldn't be abused just so some ass can get to his second job.

6. jae713

jae713 Member

Why am I not surprised it's a female officer that pulled him over.

7. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

Agreed, professional courtesy is giving a discount to a fellow salesman or letting off a parking ticket. The speeding cop was putting other drivers at risk.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

YES, they can get her... if she drives like a maniac just the way that one MIAMI dude did. I'm sure you FLY all the time without regard for other motorists and think it's O.K., mister aero man... :rolleyes:

9. sew

sew Member

She had every right to pull him over.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I used to go to the gym at like 2 a.m. during the summers back when I was younger. I'd honk at all the cops that would run reds and speed. Some of them might have really needed to speed somewhere sans sirens & lights (doubt it), but I didn't care because I was nearly hit by a cop running a non-protected left turn without his sirens or lights a few months prior. So I was on a mission. Thought about recording them but it was before video phones were around so it wasn't exactly an easy thing to do.

11. aeroman10

Yeah she did have rights to pull him over and if he was going 120 MPH that is dangerous but arresting him and putting him in handcuffs is going to far. That is just my opinion. I know the troopers are bored and have nothing else to do. She could have talked to him and given him a warning.

I read some people commenting (no official article though) that she is suspended now because she was given orders to stop the chase twice and both times she ignored it.

Again, right or wrong, she screwed up her career. I am sure that some officers may agree with her but there will be more who wont and its not a good thing.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is the kind of attitude that makes me hate cops only slightly less than drug dealers. Cops suck!!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. aeroman10

So you assume that I speed just because I dont agree that she should have arrested another officer? Good call mister Swoly

I never said that going 120 MPH is right.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well If what you are saying is true (about her being suspended) and you beilive in the Police Fraternity that allows people YOU PAY to get away with pretty much anything then that just intensifies my hatred for the the Law enforcement system.

**** the mutha****in' Police.

15. aeroman10

Again..I dont know what fraternity youre talking about. I am not a cop.
    I am just saying that arresting him was going to far.
    Her following him at 120 MPH is no better than him speeding either.

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

17. jae713

jae713 Member

Why didn't she try to contact him on his radio?

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Apparently, the Miami cop has been doing this repeatedly, and the State troopers have been unable to catch him. The Miami cop was driving recklessly, changing lanes, with no lights and no reason. He was using his position and car as a way of evading the law. He apparently speeds through that area frequently and this is the first time they've been able to catch him. That and not pulling over for almost 5 minutes is probably the reason she was so pissed off.

19. aeroman10

I am sure she did. That is probably why she is now suspended (if the posts circulating on the web are true).
    She says that she thought the car was stolen but thats probably a lie since her dispatch most likely verified that its not and her supervisor asked her to stop. There are also some posts saying that she has been asked to leave her job at 2 prior deparments before being hired by FHP. Again...I don't know if its true.
    http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=126096

So you have one cop that breaks a law and speeds and the other one who does not follow orders and makes the situation worse by wrecklessly chasing him and pulling a weapon. Nice.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that going so fast is the right thing to do. I just think that what she did is just as wrong - especially in her profession. So don't hate me just cause I hate her :p

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

No, I assumed you sped because your name is "aero" man. :p