1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem is they are all different schemes. Stroud is not running the same offense as Smith and Pryor, Barrett or Jones.

Fields and Stroud are in basically the same offense. Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, and Kyler Murray all ran the same offense at Oklahoma. Yet, only one them is striving in the pros. Other Oklahoma QBs have struggled in the pros (in different offenses), should we blame their lack of success on Oklahoma? Caleb Williams at USC runs the same Oklahoma offense that Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, and Kyler Murray ran. Should we discount him because of 2 of the 3 recent QBs from that offense have underperformed in the NFL?

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I saw Stroud do that in his last game played at Georgia. What should impress you is how Georgia DESTROYED TCU and Max Duggan, but Stroud shredded them.

Certain states matter: TD to Int ratio is one. Look at Young and Stroud’s (Mahomes’ too) vs will levis. Huge predicator.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is why accuracy, processing, and ability to read defenses is the most important thing in a college qb. Gimme Bryce young. I don’t trust any of the others..

also, this proves the point of how much coaching matters.

whag00 likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

TD to Int ratio matters less when you have elite talent around you. Stroud has elite of the elite at receiver. You rarely see them not have 3 yds of separation

6. raining threes

I don't want Caserio to draft Levis, but comparing a QB in Kentucky's offense with the talent around Levi's to Mahomes playing for Leach in that offense with that talent around him tells me you're a boxscore watcher or you don't know what you're looking at.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

#1. You compared Mahomes and Levis.
    #2. The excuses people give Levis is laughable. Blame everyone else but Levis for his performances.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Levis does have more boom or bust than Stroud. Stroud is more polished, but his upside is somewhere between Brissett and Goff.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are on crack.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

All I’m telling you is the truth. It’s on you to believe it or not.

11. raining threes

I answered somebody elses post.

I'm not making excuses for him, because I dont want them to draft him.

But there's a dig difference playing in a conventual offense vs the run -n- shoot.

12. Major

Major Member

Keep in mind, Scarface thought David Culley was a good hire and the right guy for the Texans, so...

13. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Oh wow. But won’t Levis have the most upside and the top 3 arm, velocity and power out of all of NFL QBs? That’s what I’ve been hearing around here. #statslie?

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Outside of 16-20 and 31+ he’s dead even with Stroud, who had elite receivers all over the field.

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Exactly. Everyone loves bringing up Josh Allen like all we need now is tools. But Allen without ELITE coaching hasn't been nearly as good. I wouldn't base ANYTHING off of Josh Allen. Because as bad as Josh Allen was against higher competition, he also was at Wyoming...so he definitely wasn't getting any help from his roster.

Will Levis had an SEC recruited roster just like his opponents, and didn't do ANYTHING with it. And before you say "his WR's were trash", so were Cam Newton's, Jay Cutler's, Dak Prescott's, and others. The fact that he hasn't (consistently) put much together against the teams he had a better roster than shows he's too risky.

red5rocket likes this.
  16. Sooty

Richardson’s deep balls are better? And neck and neck on the way down. Needs to work on footwork for shorter stuff?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2) Bryce Young QB/Alabama
    12) Isaiah Foskey EDGE/Notre Dame
    33) Zay Flowers WR/Boston College
    65) Jarrett Patterson C/Notre Dame
    73) Kendre Miller RB/TCU
    104) Ji'Ayir Brown S/Penn State
    137)Cameron Latu TE/Alabama
    188) Henry Bainivalu G/Washington
    201) Richard Gouraige G/Florida
    203) Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB/TCU
    206) YaYa Diaby EDGE/Louisville
    237) Jake Bobo WR/UCLA
    260) Dylan McMahon G/NC State

18. Sooty

He had top 25 recruited rosters to work with, which isn’t a slight at all.

19. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Incredible how you will even misrepresent a chart that we’re all looking at. He wasn’t close in 6-10 either. From 6-20 is the most important area for a nfl qb to be accurate and out of the 5 players both Levis and Richardson were awful in that range. Major projection. Ultimate boom or bust. I really hope the Colts take this ticket.

red5rocket and Sooty like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Are you illiterate?
    Outside of the two I mentioned there’s less than 5% difference either way between the two.
    And there is a massive difference in talent level at receiver.

6-10 69.4% to 74.5% is not a massive difference. Don’t be intentionally ignorant