1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you for supporting ClutchFans!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

@Clutch

I just went through and clicked on every "Hot Topic" link twice. On one of them (the one xiki started), I got the full page ad that I included in this post. I didn't get any other ads and a subsequent click on xiki's did not show an ad. I am using Chrome on a Macbook Air.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 3.19.41 PM.jpg

2. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Sorry, I should have specified more. There seems to be a rate limit on it and it appears mainly time based. I have not tried timing it yet, but when clicking on one of the "Hot Topic" links the first time for a day, i'll get the ad. Then i can open up the others without getting the ad. If I leave the site and come back in ~ 1 hour, i get the ad when clicking a link again (but only for the first link clicked). "1 hour" is just an estimate, i'm not exactly sure how long it takes, but I get one ad for the first click most of the time when i come back to the home page after a break.

3. Madano

Here is an even more obnoxious one from Lovesac that is actually the entire screen and I don't even see a way to "x" out of it:
    [​IMG]

TWS1986 likes this.
  4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

So are we ever going to get a response to this problem?

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah! What's the problem!

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think they fixed it. I havent gotten one of those ads in at least a week.

7. Madano

I just got one when clicking to see what the latest comment on this thread was.

8. Texanstradamus

Why is James harden still on the clutch fans site hopefully they change it to who ever we draft hell or even Hakeem

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Hi Clutch,

Just wanted to know can we get an update to the website that will reflect our current roster and Team. Love what you have done with this platform over the years thanks for bringing Rockets fans together

10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

He'll always be in our hearts.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just reupped for another year. Thanks for keeping it real, @Clutch.

mikol13 and Easy like this.
  12. Madano

I've subbed since you made subbing a thing, but I'm holding out re-upping this time due to the full screen ad when clicking a topic on the home page. It would annoy me less if CMD+click still opened in a new tab, but if it shows an ad, CMD+click opens the ad in the same tab and then loads the forum post in that same tab after clicking the "x" on the tab.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't have any of these problems. Must be my magnetic personality.

;-)

14. Madano

I think if you have AdBlock or uBlock it prevents it from happening. On my PC, i have no issues (it has uBlock). But on my work Macbook it happens all the time. Seems to have a cooldown, every hour or so. But it regularly happens.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have several different devices, some PC and some OS (nothing on Android). Not all have ad blockers, yet I don't see ads on any of them. My suggestion would be to email @Clutch. It might take a bit for him to get back to you, but that's typically the best way to solve problems here, in my opinion.

16. Madano

Clutch already acknowledged it here:
    It is unintentional but it still sucks. bobrek also mentioned reproducing it earlier as well.

Deckard likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I contributed years ago, did not even read that there were other options. I have now subscribed for the year - thanks for running this site, and putting up with all of us.

But more importantly thanks for growing the site into the best place to get Rox news in the world.....it has made me a bigger Rockets fan even though I no longer live in Houston.

DD

#237 DaDakota, Feb 8, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Deckard likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Which level did you subscribe as? The gold membership is the one where you should see 0 ads (unless a bug occurs)

Deckard likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD trying to head Clutch off at the pass before he gets banned for the Eric Gordon appreciation thread. good job DD.

giphy.gif

mikol13, Deckard and heypartner like this.
  20. Madano

I always did the Gold yearly one. The homepage does seem separate from the forums by design, it doesn't even appear as if you're logged in to any account when on the homepage, so i can understand why there'd be difficulties with that. I doubt that fullscreen ad is intended to show for anyone, regardless of subscription.

bobrek likes this.