1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen Green
    James Wiseman
    Ja Morant
    Marvin Bagley III
    Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Dangelo Russell
    Jabari Parker
    Victor Oladipo
    Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Those are the overall #2 picks from the last decade. Why are they not all superstars if drafting at 2 is that easy?

Easy likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The #2 pick is weird. For some reasons, historically there are a lot of busts. It's like the pick is cursed. BUT

1. You can't deny that the mathematical likelihood of drafting a superstar is higher the higher you draft. Every team drafting at the top 3 expect to get a superstar or it's a disappointment.

2. Of the 10 guys in the past 10 years, only MKG, Parker, and Bagley (maybe Wiseman, kind of too early to judge) you can say Brewer is anywhere close. Russell and Ball are solid starters. Oladipo and Ingram are all stars. Morant is already a superstar.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're absolutely right - the higher the pick the better your chance to nab a transcendent player, but even then it all depends on the talent pool. Some drafts are loaded some are barren.

Easy likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your'e likely the poster that the most people have had on ignored ever on this site. Your reaction is everyone is just not intelligent enough, not that you are just really really abrasive and insufferable.

cool

[​IMG]

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's accurate though. There are a large number of unintelligent screechers out there, apparently I rub them the wrong way.... so be it.

It's for the best that these people take themselves out of the conversation for the benefit of everyone else.....I know you won't, because you live for it.

Would you still even post at all if not to whine about how you disagree with me despite being incapable of effective counter arguement?

I have my doubts.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The thing is you don't effectively counter. You just regurgitate your same premise over and over and over and over and over and over and over while never addressing the counter arguments that are presented in front of you. You do this in every subforum here.

You just have a severe issue with self-awareness assuming you aren't trolling.

7. dmoneybangbang

I love picking on boomer incels like @Bobbythegreat

Hey Bobby, how many fan sites have you banned from? Lol!

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is, I do, but they often go over the head of those who are arguing with me.....

A lot of those arguing with me are either misrepresenting things or flat out making things up.... there's not a lot you can do with that.

Also, as if right now it tends to be delusional player only fans who are essentially religious zealots.... there's not going to be productive conversation with those types.

Just earlier in this thread we had a delusional fanboi flat out lie that I claimed Jalen Green's ceiling was Corey Brewer.... when it was pointed out that it wasn't true, the crazy kid doubled down on it.

There's just nothing you can do to help people like that.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could compare it to the Number 1 pick but I think if it is a semi bust or bust people can exhale, at least it is not the Number 1 pick.

'Oh well, it is not the worst scenario, imagine what if it were the Number 1 pick and the whole world was watching.'

Easy likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am not supporting or denying what you say. You are just a rude person. You also say the same thing over and over and over again on top of it. Like i said a few pages back if that is how you enjoy spending your time so be it. I am still going to judge you on it because I find it interesting.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Case in point.... Where did I say "corey brewer ceiling"

But hey, in your own words tell us what your Corey Brewer and Jalen Green statement was?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, judge all you want, you need credibility with me for that to matter at all.

You have to understand that I've been through this nonsense so many times before it's just impossible to take delusional fanbois seriously. If you find that rude, so be it.

The current upset Jalen Green fanbois are no different to me than the Lin fanbois before them... or those for Teddy Bridgewater, or Russell Westbrook, or Mark Sanchez, or Terrence Jones, or Joe Flacco, or Stephen Hill.....and so on.

Each time they spewed their venom when I doubted their heroes exactly like they are now..... even when what I'm saying is extremely reasonable.

The next questionable hero will be no different.

13. dmoneybangbang

Receipts:

And so forth......

Also check out my sig where @Bobbythegreat claimed Green is good enough to share the court with KPJ...... yeesh just take the L boomer.....

DreamShook, Bo6, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's like one page back, someone else made the accusation, you "liked it" them attempted to defend the stupid accusation when I pointed out it wasn't true.... look it up.

I even pointed out what I actually said, which was that if he didn't improve to become a more consistent shooter and develop the rest of his game he'd be another Corey Brewer.... super quick guard who can score in transition and is a streaky shooter.... Brewer had a lot of potential but never developed it, I pointed out its possible Green never rebellious his either.

Now that I've spelled it out for you Barney style, you have no more excuse to carry on with your stupidity.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

A lot of Superstars or budding Superstars with … the very next pick:
    Bradley Beal
    Joel Embiid
    Jaylen Brown
    Tatum
    Luka
    Lamelo
    Mobley

So drafting a superstar at #2 is not that hard, really, there were quite a few available for picking…

Easy likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

you would call Tatum a bust when he was 19

roslolian and Verbal Christ like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

20. xaos

xaos Member

When Green becomes an all star his haters will just reply, "yeah but he isn't Jordan"

Verbal Christ likes this.