1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Time for a bit of FUN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Easy, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Today I learned Charles Barkley spent as many years in Houston as he did in Phoenix. I wasn't even born when he started so I mostly associated him as a Suns player, even knowing he was a 76er for longer. He was declining on everything but the scale here but you said 96-97 Chuck was the best PF and I went to basketball reference for a reference.

Holy ****, you might be right. We've mostly had star power at center and guard. Rudy T is still high on our all-time lists and he's from the wayback. Even my selection Horry was probably better known for other teams/championship runs. Elvin Hayes really blew up after leaving Houston and he is so old he was originally a San Diego Rocket...Scola might be the greatest power forward we've ever had, for the prime of their career being in Houston. It's either him or Rudy T right? With a note that Charles F. Barkley probably had the best single season.

Thank you for the weird realization about Rockets PF/4s.

D-rock likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Not gonna backread but if it’s been said then great minds think alike .

paul
    Harden/Maxwell
    Ariza/tmac
    PJ/artest
    Hakeem/yao

you’re not scoring on that team and we are slicing you up . Can’t go big on us , can’t go small . Best defensive player of all time . Elite passing at multiple positions and unselfish players if we win . Very good shooting . VERSATILITY

might not be the best 9 players , but idk if there’s a better roster . It would compete for best nba team of all time . Shaq counter , Jordan counter , lebron counter , guys to throw at Kobe .

And harden and paul with Capela was outstanding , with Hakeem it’s steroids . Untouchable 3 man game with Ariza and pj as role players . Tmac and Yao as nightmare matchups off the bench along with ron and Maxwell if the team needs a kick in the ass .

ROCK3TM4N, D-rock and hajkov like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

For me
    Pg - Paul/kenny smith
    Sg - James harden/drexler/vernon maxwell
    Sf- Artest/Rudy T/
    Pf-Playoff Horry/rudy t
    C- Hakeem Olajuwon/ Horry

D-rock likes this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

No Moochie, not the best players list.

D-rock likes this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Harden
    Clyde
    Vernon
    Sampson
    Olajuwon

Yao
    CP3
    TMac
    Horry

D-rock likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still surprised how many people forget kenny. Anyone look up his 3pt%. That guy was a floor spacer!

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Briefly…Roosh failed to remember the fourth part i.e. 'Kevin Martin+Kyle Lowry+Louis Scola' era, also quite short-lived, running under Rick Adelman's corner offense.

If lowry had not chose leaving h-town due to his immaturity,
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...how-he-handled-time-with-houston-rockets/amp/
    there might have been a 'lowry+Harden+dwight' era, which could have been a much more long-lived, stable as well as flourish combination, in the offense harden would not have forced himself to distribute the ball heavily n control the tempo…instead focused more on his pg role.

Easy and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lowry hated Milkhair.

He was the first to call out his gimpy Frankenstein ass.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Olajuwon was not just a DREAM, but a true GIFT.

#Invincible

DeBeards and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was wrong, Yao did wear the dildo!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member