1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021 NBA Draft; 24th overall] Rockets select Josh Christopher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 29, 2021.

?

Do you like the selection of Josh Christopher?

1. YES

55.5%
  2. NO

44.5%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

sometimes I rub my eyes and see darker skinned EG out there with all the bricks and no court vision in SL

1 Eric Gordon type is already too much for me to take…basketball jesus, don’t give me 2

D-rock, hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He needs to slow down. I like his potential, especially on defense, but he’s trying to do way too much. That’s a maturity thing and should get better with experience, but the tools and ability are all there. He needs to be coached up and developed first.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm with you but Eric Gordon can hit some 3's and spread the court.

Josh Christopher has DeRozan game.

DeRozan game of nothing but 2's & it doesn't work that well unless you shoot at a high clip
    and can carry the team as a number 1 option. Maybe 1b?

Known fact that DeRozan has been wanting to go to L.A.for the last 3 to 4 yrs; but both the
    Clippers and Lakers have been saying thanks but no thanks. Main reason for the cold
    shoulder.....DeRozan game doesn't result in wins.

Wall and Christopher non 3-pt shooting just clogs the lane for everyone else trying to drive
    as their defender just helps patrol the paint.

We want him to be Jrue Holiday......but Holiday spreads the court by hitting 3's

#364 ApacheWarrior, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Low IQ selfish chump.

Hate him already.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

I really wanted Grimes with this pick, hometown guy and looking like a solid player for the Knicks at times. Was there something there or is Josh just as good / capable to be as good / can be better? I haven't watched Grimes a ton, so maybe someone who has can chime in.

joshuaao and fattz like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Josh stands in the corner gets the ball doesnt shoot the OPEN 3 Pointer and instead wants to drive into a CROWDED Paint he gets Contact, No Whistle or Foul. Josh on the Floor being confused looking at the Referee.

Shoot the Open 3 Pointer. Rockets Front Office absolutely hate it that a guard passes up a open 3. No playing time.

Josh really needs to commit on being a Corner 3 point shooter. If he wants a 15 year Career. Shooting 3s is the main thing. Plus knowing how to pass, crosscout pass, full court pass and playmake for others.

TyTy Washington already knows how Playmake, Shoot 3s, Tear Drop Floater is very impressive. No Turnovers, Impressive Defense.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. marinara

marinara Member

Id say main thing is that they want Josh to be a PG, when he is a scoring SG who can sometimes create for others.

fattz likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

15 year career? more like 5. if he doesn't get above 35% from 3 he isn't going to be in the league for long.

i think josh's best bet right now is to focus on defense. he has the body for it and if you can lock-down wings then you can find minutes on some team no matter how bad you shoot.

his jumper is so mechanically broken it's going to be a while before it can become anything resembling reliable.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

'If He wants a 15 year Career' become a Corner 3 point shooter

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

He plays more like a Rookie this year than last year. Weird regression on his part.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Last year he was able to play with freedom. Now he looks like he is afraid to make a mistake. He is an aggressive scorer. If you take that away from him, this is what you get. I haven't lost faith in him as a solid rotation piece in the future. That Gilbert Arenas podcast advice that he got before summer league really messed him up.

beardsanity713 and Corrosion like this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This is where Josh lost his way, if anyone has time to watch.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Agree about how he has looked and that he needs to be aggressive.
    He has a long way to go to prove to me he is a solid rotation piece though.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I get that same vibe .... He's doing too much thinking.

You watch him last season or in the G league this year and he's not doing that, he's in the flow of the game.

This has to be on the coaching staff.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. marinara

marinara Member

Thanks def going to find time to watch

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. marinara

marinara Member

I don’t understand why they want him to be a PG. His got good potential to be a spark plug off the bench for scoring or maybe a 6th man.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think they view him more as a combo guard ....

Still, I think it would be advantageous to both JC and the team if he were able to facilitate the offense.

They need to let this come to him naturally rather than forcing it out of him because it's got him thinking instead of reacting.

20. opticon

opticon Member

I officially now regret that we did not take Grimes. This looks like it will be on the level of Morey taking Joey Dorsey or Deandre Jordan.

raining threes and Bo6 like this.