1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Borderline Personality Disorder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Feb 22, 2021.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

You did veganism wrong @Xerobull. Killing innocent animals is never a solution to anything.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Agreed. we may only kill the un-innocent animals

Like @KingCheetah [GUILTY AF]

jiggyfly, Nook, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Therapist are not real doctors. Don't waste money.

Clutch fans give better office.

'If feeling sad, drink a coke zero and eat some potato salad.'

'If you find a toilet in a dream, don't use it.'

#25 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

I'd you have multiple personalities, it's not weird, it's well rounded.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I understand how you feel.

I was always very transparent that I did it firstly for health reasons. Secondary was environmental impact and not supporting the brutal meat industry.

My mistake for calling myself a vegan. I was on a plant based diet. I realized early on that when you say you’re a vegan it’s more of a metaphysical ideal than the actual physical diet. I used vegan in a familiar context here. I wasn’t a vegan.

My meat intake is still pretty low. It’s mostly eggs and dairy. We buy organic and cage free.

Not everyone has the same outlook as you, my friend. We all have to live together. Lead through kindness.

Apologies for derailing your thread. I hope you can continue to get better. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk on the side.

#27 Xerobull, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    tinman and jacoby like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The weird thing about narcissism is that everyone loves you. Which is completely natural and not weird and preordained by the universe. Of course.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

People are really struggling, fam. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Anyone not having a nervous breakdown today should reach out to someone they haven’t heard from in a while.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wouldn't diagnose yourself. Personality disorders can be extremely confusing and marked with a wide spectrum. What you may consider "unstable relationships" or "identity disturbance" may not fit actual criteria. That doesn't mean you are perfectly fine. You can be mentally unstable but not have criteria for a specific personality disorder as well. You might want to rule out depression first. Given how the last year plus has been for most people, there are a ton of people experiencing mental health decline.

It's okay, but you NEED to seek help. I love this site, but Clutchfans is not the answer (except to vent some feelings and frustrations). There are resources if you don't have insurance.

#30 STR8Thugg, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    malakas and jacoby like this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I remember taking a piss in a ditch one time in a dream. That was a mistake...

B-Bob and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

First time hearing of this, i probably tick most of the symptoms on my worst days, esp when younger. maybe i have bpd? or bbpd? What i've learned the hard way:
    - don't date someone crazier/angstier than u
    - if u don't want to mess up relationships that matter to you, don't interact with them if you're having a bad day
    - occupy yourself with work or hobbies so that you don't have time to let your mind wander and think bad thoughts

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have a job? If so, do they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)? I would start there, since you should at least go talk to a therapist.

tinman likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

An ex-girlfriend of mine had/has it.

She was a lot of fun when she was okay, but those storm clouds would suddenly roll in behind those eyes and would take her smile with it. She was emotionally exhausting, and would lash out whenever she couldn't keep herself active, or felt cornered. She often talked about "racing thoughts."

I tried to help her, and I loved her so that I didn't want to abandon her. Plus, TBH, she looked like Sean Young. But I had to get out of there. I would become the target of frustrations she had with her family, not with me.

Psychiatrists and psychologists? If you can, find a good one. Many are mediocre AF. She saw more than a few. I know she had undiagnosed borderline. Know it for a fact. It became hell.

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

malakas, B-Bob, jacoby and 3 others like this.
  14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

15. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

This is good advice. I was in a long term relationship with a therapist who had a number of borderline clients. This disorder is no joke and difficult to treat. Find a therapist with experience treating borderline clients. Good luck.

jacoby likes this.
  16. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

My personal opinion is that the first order of business is to get a proper diagnosis. If in fact you do suffer from BPD, then you’ll likely be offered treatments like DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) or Mentalization.

Other resources are available...
    https://emotionsmatterbpd.org – support groups and resources to connect people with BPD
    https://www.nyp.org/bpdresourcecenter - resource clearinghouse to find treatment

Also consider this... if you have BPD, it has probably impacted your relationships with family and loved ones. It’s helpful if they can understand what you’re dealing with... there is a program called Family Connections specifically geared to support them in doing just that. It’s free through NEABPD.

https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.org – NEABPD, national organization for advocacy around BPD, offers multiple webinars and information resources as well as the Family Connections program for family and close friends of someone with BPD

https://sashbear.org/en/resources-main - Canadian organization that offers Family Connections, also has numerous resource listings and webinars available

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This stuff is on a spectrum everybody has traits from various areas. Until it’s interfering with your ability to function/work it’s not pathologic.

border lines are extremely difficult people to deal with and tbh there are a couple posters I won’t name that come to mind.

one thing they do is called “splitting”. You’re either all good or all bad based on their opinion of you on something.

they love playing the victim, usually from consequences of their own actions. They get into this perpetual cycle of self fullfilling prophecy with “oh see I knew he/she was all bad to begin with”

Again, if OP is interested he should seek therapy and look at these traits and self reflect. Forming a thread like this also kinda falls in line with borderline. An example is his views on Veganism. I don’t believe harming any animals just because we are human is acceptable. But he responded to the Asian meat markets and their unnecessary cruelty of dogs etc by saying it shouldn’t make a difference since eating cows and killing them is bad, completing ignoring that the suffering and cruelty is what @tinman et al had trouble with.

then he saw a video of JR smith and called him “privileged”, mostly overlooking the fact that while he’s a dumbass, JR came from beginnings he does not know about, not acknowledging his own privilege and playing the victim.

malakas, tinman and JumpMan like this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

feels like im going to lose my mind

Nook likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have friends who are vegans and I do like vegan cuisine done right. I love bbq but it’s all about balance.
    Being self aware that you need help is great and seeking help via your employer is smart too.
    Wellness is the most important thing period.
    Live long and prosper