1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul on How The Houston Rockets Almost Beat The Golden State Warriors in The WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the whole interview:

banzai, BHannes2BHonest, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That was such a great uplifting clip. now I'm sad.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol I knew that would cheer everyone up

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

never can be said enough. This guy should still be here. such a damn shame

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

man i miss him so much

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets were so good. I want a documentary and I want to forget about it all at the same time.

[​IMG]

9. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Yeah this was awesome to hear. I think Paul genuinely loved being with the Rockets, especially the first season. If he hadn't of got hurt we would probably have won a chip and we wouldn't be in the situation with Harden now. I'm glad that Silas is embracing switching, but also other forms of defense so we aren't too predictable. Switching didn't really work against the Lakers because their big men were too skilled and role players who usually didn't hit shots were hitting shots.

waytookrzy079 and joshuaao like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Sad again. Imagine if we paid Ariza and ran it back forreal.

BHannes2BHonest, CHI, Caesar and 11 others like this.
  12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I miss Chris paul. Wished he had an ok season after his injury. If he had played better there would have been no excuse from management to trade him.

i clearly saw him healthier and better on the off-season. I was excited even if people were just talking about both LA teams.
    Tilman and Hardbe just listen to all that noise and panic. They aren’t the smartest cookies. And Daryl should have put on his job on the line. He knew Russ wouldn’t work. He gave his work to Chris too and he still had no integrity and made that deal. I don’t care if he was force to, resign or step down then.

imagine Chris Paul of last season. We would have best the Lakers for sure. Game one was close and Russ didn’t help Harden at all on those triple or double teams.
    SMH

best of luck cp3

HP3 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

ISO ball and slow pace was a deliberate decision by the organization because it was viewed as the best way to beat GS...all that passing and ball movement/man movement that everyone has been crying for would’ve led to increased turnovers, and GS’s defense was too good...Harden and CP3 were the 2 best isolation players, so let’s slow this game down and see if Harden and CP3 can produce more points in isolation than Curry and KD

switching everything was the only way to effective defend GS as well...if u tried to defend any other way, it was just too much to handle with Curry and Klay running around, Draymond finding guys, and u still had to find time to stick with KD...not switching everything would lead to too many breakdowns and they’d kill u with all the backdoor cuts and illegal screens

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Man we got that **** down so sweet.

Why you gotta tear yo hamstring man.

bro2044, BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Too depressed to watch this. I loved Chris Paul in this series until he got hurt. He has several highlights/gifs against GSW in playoffs and regular season. The block on a fast break (can't remember who?), the taunting of Steve Kerr, and then the taunting of Steph Curry doing the shimmy in glorious annoying fashion and not even cracking a smile. Just sucks that he wasn't able to bounce back good enough in 2019 and lost some of his mojo and confidence. Not to mention that we lost some key pieces and replaced them with crap (Ariza, Luc). Who would have thought that was the closest we would get in the Harden era?

D-rock likes this.
  17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

The only person I really miss from D'Antoni, Morey, CP3 and maybe Harden is CP3.

Just a beast mentally, absolute gem of a basketball IQ.

ronclone, BeBreezy, Amel and 2 others like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

And now do yall understand why we switched everything. Its STILL like that. You just need better players to run it. Man i miss Chris Paul.

hakeem94, ksny15 and D-rock like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Also KD saw Harden dip into his bag on the isos then he would want to empty his bag out on the table too. KD isoing made GSW so much easier to guard even when KD was murdering everyone 1v1.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seriously, ClutchFans is straight up ruining my holidays. :(

hakeem94, D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.