1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias Affects African Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you bring any data to back you up?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Back what up. I already backed up the claim a fourth of Americns have Medicaid

Stop with the penis envy. Poor people have free insurance not including CHIP for their kids which even more qualify for

Shut up

generalthade_03 likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@jiggyfly

23% of Americans have Medicaid while only 14% are considered poor

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you define poor?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's according to the census

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because it would address the problem in a way that would ultimately lead to less need for them....maybe i'm just cynical but it's like we're in some sort of bizarre point in time where rent seeking is the goal. If they won't get the kudos, what's the point?

A large part of the problem if we've turned these negative externalities into industries, in the US it turned incarceration into an industry, in Europe they turned them into export industries (natural unemployment rates of 15% while others have 3), in Australia it turned unemployment into an industry, in these cases, it has large chunks of taxpayer money pipelined through to create industries in fields where the goals should be pursuing its reduction.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

40%...so 60% did? Wow, so you must be so very knowledgeable about inner city kids when you're out in the middle of nowhere. I promise you most black folks will think you're a racist and an idiot if you tell them you know most of them can't get on the internet because they don't know how/don't have the means to(yep, black people can think other blacks are racists against their own race, ask @RocketRiver). Urban=more wifi hotspots...rural=less...You're trying too hard...

Edit...whoa whoa whoa...you're in 'NAVASOTA'...that's 'rural'? WTF. Bro, you're literally 15 mins from Bryan and 20 from Houston(hell I drive 15 to get to my nearest H-E-B)...that's not rural Kansas or some crap. Is that what you're saying to justify you're point? That's like the distance most suburbs are from Houston. You certainly are doing you're best to make up stuff to prove a point. So you’re saying rural blacks and inner city blacks are experiencing the same issues?

#167 Severe Rockets Fan, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do you think the experience of being poor is accurately reflected by how the census defines it? Did you know it defines it the same way for someone living in NYC as someone living in Arkansas?

Just because you aren't below the poverty line doesn't mean you are not poor.

A family of 5 with $32K in income in NYC is definitely very poor. But they aren't defined as poor by the census.

#168 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some of you guys argue to argue. I can't give my own percentage based on what I think poor so I used the census.

You can't give a percentage on your opinion either. So when debating issues people in charge and people like us start with a base standard

The census bureau doesn't pull standards for poverty out its ass

Secondly people aren't starving here so if you have a roof over your head and you have simple luxuries like television then it's all subjective

Therefore the census bureau puts a standard in place for deciding actual government policies and so idiots like us don't get bogged down arguing what poor is.

It's a waste of time

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You're complaining that people who barely have the money to feed themselves getting free health insurance. Meanwhile you have no complaints about tax cuts for the rich.

At some point you just have to admit the callousness of your position.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They have food stamps housing Medicaid. I'm not comparing. I said poor people have better insurance than most in this thread. It's free and and taken by a lot of family practitioners

Black people and liberals need to stop judging poor black quality of life by measuring it against white people. Ending all racism would not put us on equal ground. The past happened.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Poor people have better insurance than most in this thread? Are you saying most people in this thread are unemployed? You certainly do seem to be comparing here.

I'm not sure what you are saying - that poor people shouldn't get these benefits? Or that they are living easy lives?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Working people pay
    They dont

Same doctors

The **** you don't understand?

All they have to do is show up. Free insurance won't save ignorance about food. Middle class blacks would do better to stop b****ing about government and help them overcome their ignorance

Stop making me repeat same easy understandable ****

Free
    Free
    Free
    Free
    Free
    Free
    Free

Most family practitioners accept it

I can win your stupid ass battle of atttuition cause I'm spitting facts

You ain't challenged ****

Oh how can you say they have better insurance

You keep asking that stupid ass question because you don't thin

Obamacare is about shoring up middle class insurance rates. He didn't have to do **** for the poor
    Get the hell on with that same as question. But I have no life do bring on the dumb ****

#173 pgabriel, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you don't understand free put me on ignorant

Arrogant mofo don't understand it gets no better than free

You know one way Obamacare tries to help middle class? Make some eligible for Medicaid

/stupid ass argument

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Free: enjoying personal rights or liberty, as a person who is not in slavery.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

Don't take my word for it

lower
    Medicaid provides more comprehensive benefits than private insurance at significantly lower out-of-pocket cost to beneficiaries

Fre
    Free
    Free
    Free
    Edit: forgot link

#176 pgabriel, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This mofo talking about slavery

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

More comprehensive benefits but what about regular benefits?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is idiots like Trump can win elections. Middle class struggles some girl drops fatherless babies killing them with ignorance while she got better insurance.

You mofos don't know **** just assume the evil American government gave her bad insurance

THE CHIC CAN'T BOIL WATER

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm sure I've posted this study before. It shows that being a black male is always at a disadvantage to those from the same socio-economic backgrounds. Rich white boys are better off as adults than rich black boys, poor white boys are better off as adults than poor black boys.

Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys

By those in power and those in authority particularly in education and criminal justice where one feeds into the other. Little black boys are criminalized in the school systems and graduated into prison systems. They're given harsher punishments for the same offenses every step of the way. Not only that, the standardized testing mechanisms in which school systems identify that most talented students is flawed which puts those students at an early disadvantage that is very difficult to overcome.

Oh I'll definitely make that case and this is where like I mentioned we can effectively substitute wealth and race. So take any wealthy neighborhood, predominantly white residents typically, paying more in property taxes to a school system where kids gets the best equipment, the safest campus, the best teachers, the best curriculum and compare it to a poor neighborhood, predominantly minorities typically, paying perhaps even the same percentage in taxes but much less in total because of depressed home values. That system is intentionally created that way to keep money in that neighborhood and those neighborhoods are racially segregated by design and by choice, white flight. On top of this, there is what you would call the green advantage. This is where in a wealthy neighborhood perhaps one parent doesn't work and is involved in the school via PTA or volunteering, donates money as well because of the higher level of disposable income and this all manifests itself in the quality of the educational experience. I've seen cases before where white residents in a large school district are so upset that their tax money goes to the entire district that they actually try to form their own white/wealthy school district within the larger district. Now, layer the harsher punishments and criminal justice system on top of that, the standardized testing biases on top of that, and then just basic socio-economics of being poorer on top of that. Then you can throw in a dose of conservative sloganeering and privatization on top of that to steal away public school money for voucher programs that most help the kids whose parents are most involved in public schools anyway. It's a massive, far reaching problem.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.