1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We sure did dodge a bullet with LBJ....(LeBron hype Summer 2018)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Just imagine. LeBron and House.

Talk about a dynamic duo!!!

The old King passing the torch to the new King.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The decision was when his ego first went through the roof.

Richie_Rich, Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

How exactly even when the rumors of him possibly coming here, we had no way of getting lebron if he wanted the max. We would have had to trade everyone except Harden and Cp3 add lebron. Also adding Melo would be a sure thing still because of their friendship. Then we would have had to get a bunch of g leaguers to fill our roster. Maybe get DJ as center.

The team would look okay in paper but I’m sure Harden would have regrese with lebron here. Less touches for him and moved to a spot up shooter maybe even traded by the deadline. Who knows you never know with lebron.

4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Oh, none taken. I may have been a little dramatic, but acquiring LeBron would have for sure soured me on the Rockets for a bit. That's just the way it is for me. I can't bring myself to respect the accomplishments of a team so top-heavy like that.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I am not sure where basketball ranks on the list of priorities for LBJ, but its pretty clear that its not high at the moment.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It would have been Houston's version of a soap opera just like every other team is has been on. We remember how disengaged Harden looked with Dwert here it would be like that all over again.

Lawlruschang, ramotadab and roslolian like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh yeah? How long do you think MDA will remain coach? Lebron doesnt want coaches that aren't his people.

Lebron wanted Walton fired before he even joined the team, pretty sure he would give the Rox a similar demand before he signed. Lebron doesnt want unproven coaches like MDA unless he signs with Klutch Sports then maybe Lebron will consider him as part of his people.

#67 roslolian, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    BeBreezy and ramotadab like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

His understanding as a GM doesnt surpass his peers, he is a mediocre GM similar to Jordan. Look at Cleveland, they used their most valuable asset to trade for Love who got injured more often than not the years Bron was in Cleveland, signing Tristan Thompson and JR Smith to huge deals, alienating Kyrie, undermining proven coach like Blatt and installing freaking Tyrone Lue etc.

Now in LA he is getting trying to get Luke Walton fired before he even signed, traded away Zubac for trash, alienated his own team then failed to trade for AD.

Lol Lebron shouldnt have "graduated" his moves so far have been a fail.

ramotadab and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

But in the Decision his skills gave him cache to do what he wants and get away with it. You are ok with what he wants cuz guess what you are going to the Finals at least.

Its like when Kobe ran Shaq out of town, you are ok with that because he is worth it.

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The thread title makes me think of the JFK assassination. Intentional?

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jerry Lin is my savior

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

So you’re saying MDA’s reputation and Coaching history is the same as Luke Walton’s or David blatt’s? You made a point and said that lebron would be used as a catch and shoot SF. That’s never been his game so why would MDA make him a catch and shoot SF? point is the rockets would be dominant with 3 HOF on the team and an extra go to scoring option not to mention D option against Durant or Thompson. Oh well it didn’t happen last summer so no need to further explore the issue. We can only rest knowing that he would’ve been a huge asset for this team.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He a two bit slash and burn corporate raider.

ramotadab and roslolian like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, is Lebron getting any heat for the recent Lakers results? I can't even imagine what the ESPN dudes would say about Harden in a similar situation, and they were the ones who were saying the Lakers only by adding Lebron were going to be a lock to be in the playoffs and a serious threat for the Warriors...

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

MDA has the same amount of rings as Luke Walton and David Blatt so yeah, his rep is the same in Lebron's eyes.

IIRC these are all the coaches Lebron has had so far:

1. Mike Brown
    2. Spoelstra
    3. David Blatt
    4. Luke Walton
    5. Tyron Lue

Guess what apart from his man Tyron Lue Lebron hated all his coaches and wanted them replaced. Even Spoelstra, the moment he arrived in Miami Lebron wanted Spoelstra replaced and the reason he left Miami is because Pat Riley wouldnt let him put his guys there including the coach. So it is woshful thinling of you to assume Lebrin would buy in to MDA when his track record suggests otherwise. We also know Melo didnt get along with MDA and Lebron coming would've enabled Melo's behavior.

My point is MDA wouldnt get a chance to coach, Lebron wouldnt buy in he would have his own cliche here with Cp3 and Melo. I rest knowing he didnt sign with this team otherwise he wouldve ****ed it up just like he did in LA.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lebron isn't worth the drama and chaos he would've brought to this franchise.

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

I'll give credit to LeBron for one thing: he came to the West. So, now he gets to experience and we get to watch him experience...the hard path.

That said, he seems toxic, and I never wanted him here, so I'm glad he's not. I also have no idea how you'd split the work between the current greatest player and the former greatest player. I'm content with the Harden/CP3 complementary system we have now.

BeBreezy and ramotadab like this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Oh, I didn't say he was a good GM. He isn't. He just has a better understanding of the game. So he can't help taking on a bigger role. But the Peter principle still applies.

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

So a coach is judged solely by the number of championships won? Much of what you say is conjecture not necessarily based on facts. How do you know he wouldn’t get along with MDA? Let’s not forget that unlike all those coaches you mentioned MDA has won everywhere he’s gone with a few bad years in between with the upstart knicks and an old lakers team. And if you looked at all those reports of alleged friction with those coaches none of them has the resume or experience MDA has in terms of reaching multiple conference finals and building offensive juggernauts. So again different situation and your projections are simply out of conjecture and assumptions.